• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Will this help lower my opiate tolerance

Alien47

Bluelighter
Ok I have to snort 60mgs of oxy to get a decent buzz now I have a bunch of 5mg Hydrocodone pills if I take those for awhile like 1-3 times a day like a vitamin can that some how help lower my tolerance I am very curious

I ask because ppl say that if u wean yourself down that helps lower ur tolerance and I know this isn't weaning down its just dropping down but what do u think do u think this could possibly help lower my tolerance

I mean yeah- if you have a tolerance where it takes 60mgs of oxy to get high AND if you are doing that very frequently/daily then you drop to say 20mgs of hydrocodone a day (which is maybe like 10-15mgs of oxy) over time your tolerance will drop. You may get WDs.

I guess it would be easier to figure out if we knew what your daily intake is like- do you take the 60mgs of oxy daily or almost every day?

I did take it daily for like 2 months but I haven't used in 5 weeks

after 5 weeks your tolerance should be pretty much non-existant or very low but will probably come back quickly when/if you start using again. You will actually probably even feel high off the hydros but they will increase your tolerance at this point.

What JM357 said.

After 5 weeks your physical tolerance will be nill. Psychological tolance doesnt really go away and will come back within a few days of use.

If you would like to get more out of your pills, just eat them. Oxy has a very high oral bioavailabilty.

What size oxys are you snorting?

I think a lot of people don't realize how fast opioid tolerance goes up and down- this is why people go to detox for a week, get out and use and die. Most of them, I'm willing to bet, might have even thought there tolerance was lowered but they probably didn't realize how much lower it can be at least for the first dose or few doses. I think that and using opioids with benzos or alcohol account for the majority of ODs. I hate to say it, b/c it is possible, but I pretty rarely see someone with a current habit OD on opioids alone.

As above guys have said with opiates once you have a habit stopping for awhile will lower your tolerance but that shit comes right back up in a few days. It's like swimming against the current it's a losing battle! I was locked up for a year came out and did a little bit of dope and it had me puking and high as a mother but before the end of the week it was like I never had the year break. Once you smash through that wall tolerance wise there's no going back. It's like losing your virginity once you've done it you can't go back to being a virgin!

I think a lot of people don't realize how fast opioid tolerance goes up and down- this is why people go to detox for a week, get out and use and die. Most of them, I'm willing to bet, might have even thought there tolerance was lowered but they probably didn't realize how much lower it can be at least for the first dose or few doses. I think that and using opioids with benzos or alcohol account for the majority of ODs. I hate to say it, b/c it is possible, but I pretty rarely see someone with a current habit OD on opioids alone.

Exactly.

As above guys have said with opiates once you have a habit stopping for awhile will lower your tolerance but that shit comes right back up in a few days. It's like swimming against the current it's a losing battle! I was locked up for a year came out and did a little bit of dope and it had me puking and high as a mother but before the end of the week it was like I never had the year break. Once you smash through that wall tolerance wise there's no going back. It's like losing your virginity once you've done it you can't go back to being a virgin!

That's an interesting perspective, but true.

One should always be careful not to ever go back to the original dose until you level up again.
Suggest you keep it low and soon jump to zero.