• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Will the sugar they use to cut the heroin cause abscesses?

Mimic951

Bluelighter
I’ve been noticing beginner abscesses after I moved and started getting my stuff from a different guy. And I’m not even sure what it is, cause it doesn’t seem like black tar. Although it looks like it and kinda smells like it. But it fails the test I use to determine the strength of a shot I’m gonna do, I will put a small drop on on my tongue and the more bitter it is the stronger it is. But the stuff down here doesn’t have a bitter taste at all and Dosnt smell like regular heroin. It also has a very hard to being smoked on foil, It just won’t slide down.

What do you mean by a beginner abscess? If you think you have the beginning of abscesses then you should definitely get them checked out by a Dr.

Why do you think it has sugar in it? Because it's strong but not bitter? Is it sweet?

I think sugar could potentially cause an abscess but maybe just due to the presence of bacteria which is a risk for all drugs due to being handled by many people.

It could potentially be weak or inert 'heroin' that has had fentanyl added to it I suppose, as although fentanyl is bitter, it is used in such small doses as to be undetectable by taste.

But I haven't heard of black tar (or black tar-like heroin) being adulterated with fentanyl

Would definetely do cause an abscess, please go to the ER if you see that an abscess stars to appear, someone has to drain it and you should get on antibiotics to be safe from any life threat like an ugly infectiom

Yea I went to ER and got three different meds but didn’t get it opened or drained. I would have to ask my caretaker for the names.

What do you mean by a beginner abscess? If you think you have the beginning of abscesses then you should definitely get them checked out by a Dr.

Why do you think it has sugar in it? Because it's strong but not bitter? Is it sweet?

I think sugar could potentially cause an abscess but maybe just due to the presence of bacteria which is a risk for all drugs due to being handled by many people.

It could potentially be weak or inert 'heroin' that has had fentanyl added to it I suppose, as although fentanyl is bitter, it is used in such small doses as to be undetectable by taste.

But I haven't heard of black tar (or black tar-like heroin) being adulterated with fentanyl
I say sugar cause after I cook it till it boils and wait for it to cool down, I normally blow on it very softly causing a type of circular effect and this stuff will not spin. It just cools down and is thicker then what Im used to. So that’s why I’m confused cause I’ve never had this stuff before, and it barely even gives me a knod I basically just get well or normal.

Try to find another connect, only black tar is available in your region? From what I understood, the tar is usually more likely to cause abscesses than #3 or #4. It's not safe at all to shoot a thick goo

Yes It can. In Fire/Rescue we use something called D50 for diabetics. Its pretty much IV "sugar". If that infiltrates and the vein bursts (for whatever reason) it can cause a nasty abscess. Shit can turn necrotic as well.

I've never heard of heroin being cut with sugar before. Maybe because we have only brown heroin where I live.
Amphetamine Sulphate ("speed") however is usually 85-95% sugar (I'm NOT exaggerating, the average speed in the UK is 5-15% pure). That why I always buy mine online where it's 80+% pure. Due to it's nature, amphetamine sulphate is impossible to make more than 83% pure.
We also have needles here where is something is thick enough to not inject, the needles won't accept it into the syringe.

I’ve been noticing beginner abscesses after I moved and started getting my stuff from a different guy. And I’m not even sure what it is, cause it doesn’t seem like black tar. Although it looks like it and kinda smells like it. But it fails the test I use to determine the strength of a shot I’m gonna do, I will put a small drop on on my tongue and the more bitter it is the stronger it is. But the stuff down here doesn’t have a bitter taste at all and Dosnt smell like regular heroin. It also has a very hard to being smoked on foil, It just won’t slide down.

Yes. I always suck the filter I used to see how bitter the heroin is. Usually the darker the solution and the more bitter the taste the better it is (brown, I mean).

after I cook it till it boils
A little warming is ok but its counterproductive to let your heroin/water solution boil. Not only are you loosing potency due to the heat(212°F/100°C is too hot) degrading it, hence, why caffeine(higher boiling point) is sometimes added for smoking, you are also introducing cuts/fillers/whatevers that would otherwise NOT become a component of your solution. HIGH QUALITY tar, whether its crunchy, shiny, glass-like rocks or gooey, sticky, taffy-like gum, needs absolutely no heat to dissolve. Just a little stirring or a couple minutes of waiting.
From what I understood, the tar is usually more likely to cause abscesses than #3 or #4. It's not safe at all to shoot a thick goo
When i was in the depths of my 10yr opiate/opioid dependency i spent a handful of those years living in a region that ONLY had BTH. In that time i had a 2.5-3yr period of shooting every day, multiple times a day and i never once got an abscess. Even with missing(or partially missing), on average, a few times a week.
Also, once you filter it, you SHOULD have a beautifully clear(tinted red-ish, gold or brown-ish), NOT cloudy, goopy or highly viscous solution regardless if it was super low quality(in which case you might have to filter 2x) starting out like sludge.
The acidity of BTH seems most likely to be the culprit of veinous damage in long-term shooters if they(we) are serious, practicing harm reductionists.
I've never heard of heroin being cut with sugar before. Maybe because we have only brown heroin where I live.
Heroin is often cut with lactose, mannitol or other sugars.

I doubt sugar will cause any effects worse than any other typical cuts.

Yes, sugar could cause an abscess but so could just about anything.

I would attribute any abscesses to shooting dope which comes with a number of risks in addition to the sugar cut.

got an absess once, use a hot compress on it on and off for several hours, went away without anything special needed, amen to that.

I doubt sugar will cause any effects worse than any other typical cuts.

Yes, sugar could cause an abscess but so could just about anything.

I would attribute any abscesses to shooting dope which comes with a number of risks in addition to the sugar cut.
sugar is used to treat wounds infection is caused by bacteria from needle or substance pull needles syringes apart and soak in bleach one part bleach 3 parts water then let dry

drk

got an absess once, use a hot compress on it on and off for several hours, went away without anything special needed, amen to that.
That’s what I did after I got home from the Drs office. They gave me four different antibiotics and I did the hot compress and now it’s almost gone.

Try to find another connect, only black tar is available in your region? From what I understood, the tar is usually more likely to cause abscesses than #3 or #4. It's not safe at all to shoot a thick goo
Yea I learned that the hard way obviously ?. So now I’m only using stuff that cooks up clear.

Amphetamine Sulphate ("speed") however is usually 85-95% sugar (I'm NOT exaggerating, the average speed in the UK is 5-15% pure). That why I always buy mine online where it's 80+% pure. Due to it's nature, amphetamine sulphate is impossible to make more than 83% pure.
We also have needles here where is something is thick enough to not inject, the needles won't accept it into the syringe.
Can you give me any info on how I can get it online. And I’m in the USA so will that matter. I’ve always thought that it was just a scam. You pay with bitcoins huh?

Yes. I always suck the filter I used to see how bitter the heroin is. Usually the darker the solution and the more bitter the taste the better it is (brown, I mean).
What is opinion on me cooking it till boils to make sure the water is clean as it can be? I’ve heard it makes it weaker due to the heat. If that’s true what if I boil the water first and then mix the heroin.

Yes It can. In Fire/Rescue we use something called D50 for diabetics. Its pretty much IV "sugar". If that infiltrates and the vein bursts (for whatever reason) it can cause a nasty abscess. Shit can turn necrotic as well.
That’s what I thought. But look at all the reply’s saying that it can’t and won’t? I really don’t know who to believe, and I don’t want to get anymore of these nasty things on me.

You will only get abcesses if you miss the vein or go straight through. You need to sort your technique out rather than worry about sugar.