• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Will the magic ever come back? Will my mental stability come back?

on a side note, what i didnt explain is that 5htp works wonders in terms of taking it in conjunction with an mdma session providing you get the timing right, there is a massive difference in how your come down will feel, thus, lessening damage long term as well.

so you took 630 mg ONE week before 200mg and expected a jolly experience if Im reading right. I find .1-.2 (assuming purity) to be the sweetspot. These 630s, 800, 900 doses have got to be doing chaos. I did a 200 recently and hadn't in over a year and wow im findin it tough not to dip into the candy bowl but bottom line is I have 2 and never have had REAL (well 4 reagent tested) MDMA before and would hate for that magic to go away, and altho I do intend (and already have) ingested over 3 times in my life I plan to wait one month exactly. (I woulda started with 100 and did 200 this month but was informed of the dose as it went down the hatch. (That's called being stupid, don't do it, I assumed it was going to be silly small, turns out it was all balls out)

Holy fuck.....900mg, 800mg, 500mg, and so on and so friggin etc.....maybe that lady with the bleeding problems really is doing a gram a night.

Well, I'm sure as hell soft as fuck with my penchant for cutting it off near 150mg in a night, never mind a single dose.

Anyway, OP...I say you take a nice long break.....never mind 3 months....way longer. Re-evaluate the reasons you would want to use MDMA and then take another peak at it....but like a sub-900mg peak, bruv!

I got this supplement called RaveOn that is supposed to help with MDMA recovery.
Do you guys think taking this daily would help me? or is it pointless?
Here is a list of the ingredients:

That supplement MAY help, if anything does it will be the Magnesium and B vitamins in there. That said, this supplement is more designed to negate MDMA toxicity as well as serotonin depletion. You need something that repairs moreso than protects.

-GC

wow most ive done in my 8 years using was 0. 3g and that was for me too much. With those kinda doses of course ur gonna feel monged for a while and have memory/cognitive issues. Abstain from Mdma for a good half a year at least and if u wanna use again don't push the 200+mg mark, it's unnecessary you are not gonna get higher. Just my 0.02

That supplement MAY help, if anything does it will be the Magnesium and B vitamins in there. That said, this supplement is more designed to negate MDMA toxicity as well as serotonin depletion. You need something that repairs moreso than protects.

-GC

I understand the magnesium bit but how do B vitamins help in this context? The only thing I know about B vitamins is that they facilitate energy absorption in the metabolic system.

I understand the magnesium bit but how do B vitamins help in this context? The only thing I know about B vitamins is that they facilitate energy absorption in the metabolic system.

What I was primarily wondering is if the 5-HTP can help. The supplements have 100mg 5-HTP

Eh not much really, they help with fatigue which is common for people having taken too much MDMA as well as help with depression/anxiety.

Not going to a be a cure for sure but may help mask/alleviate certain symptoms.

-GC

What I was primarily wondering is if the 5-HTP can help. The supplements have 100mg 5-HTP

I have had bad experience with 5-HTP and haven't touched the stuff since 2004. So, I don't know much about how it helps as my experience was dodgy at best.

I was in a similar spot so I can relate to you. You need to let your brain recover and replenish its serotonin. Maybe it'll take a while but you'll get there. It's just a matter of time. Take care of yourself.

Avoid..

============== ============

5-HTP

L-Tryptophan

L-DOPA

Fish oil/Flax oil

Iron

Calcium

Pyridoxine HCl (at 50mg+ dosages)

Huperazine A

Resveratrol

============= ===============

Avoid..

5-HTP

L-Tryptophan

L-DOPA

Fish oil/Flax oil

Iron

Calcium

Huperazine A

Resveratrol

Are you suggesting I avoid these things you’ve listed , or avoid MDMA? I’ve been taking the supplement I posted earlier daily (since I rolled last Friday). It contains 5-HTP, calcium, as well as other things

5-Hydroxy Tryptophan is an amino acid which is the direct precursor (by decarboxylation) to 5-Hydroxy Tryptamine, commonly called Serotonin. Serotonin was first discovered in blood platelets, which release it in response to injury. It constricts blood vessels (hence it's name, sero-tonin), promotes formation of clots, and induces inflammation, similar to the related chemical histamine. It suppresses mitochondrial respiration, promoting inefficient glycolysis and inhibiting energy production. In neurons, it synergizes with glutamate and causes the influx of calcium and a decrease in ATP levels, which may promote cell death. It has been implicated in the fatigue caused by intense exercise, which can be prevented using branch-chain amino acids, which compete with serotonin for entry to cells. Serotonin is high in autism, alzheimer's, multiple sclerosis, schizophrenia, and other neurological dysfunctions. Some drugs that inhibit platelet serotonin uptake are presently sold as 'antidepressants', the implication being that low serotonin levels cause depression, or that serotonin corresponds to happiness. This is disingenuous. Several studies have actually correlated elevated serum serotonin levels with depression. Serotonin, released during stress, causes damage to the hippocampus and inhibits memory formation (and cognition in general). The popular theory of serotonin's behavioral effects is that it constricts the range of an organism's responses to stimuli, similar to its effects on blood vessels. On the other hand, drugs that replace or inhibit serotonin, such as LSD and MDMA, can prevent fatigue and vastly expand the range of behavior. I believe that serotonin has the opposite effects than those that are typically ascribed to it, and 5-HTP supplementation is unnecessary and probably deleterious in most cases.

TL : DR > It's dangerous.

5-Hydroxy Tryptophan is an amino acid which is the direct precursor (by decarboxylation) to 5-Hydroxy Tryptamine, commonly called Serotonin. Serotonin was first discovered in blood platelets, which release it in response to injury. It constricts blood vessels (hence it's name, sero-tonin), promotes formation of clots, and induces inflammation, similar to the related chemical histamine. It suppresses mitochondrial respiration, promoting inefficient glycolysis and inhibiting energy production. In neurons, it synergizes with glutamate and causes the influx of calcium and a decrease in ATP levels, which may promote cell death. It has been implicated in the fatigue caused by intense exercise, which can be prevented using branch-chain amino acids, which compete with serotonin for entry to cells. Serotonin is high in autism, alzheimer's, multiple sclerosis, schizophrenia, and other neurological dysfunctions. Some drugs that inhibit platelet serotonin uptake are presently sold as 'antidepressants', the implication being that low serotonin levels cause depression, or that serotonin corresponds to happiness. This is disingenuous. Several studies have actually correlated elevated serum serotonin levels with depression. Serotonin, released during stress, causes damage to the hippocampus and inhibits memory formation (and cognition in general). The popular theory of serotonin's behavioral effects is that it constricts the range of an organism's responses to stimuli, similar to its effects on blood vessels. On the other hand, drugs that replace or inhibit serotonin, such as LSD and MDMA, can prevent fatigue and vastly expand the range of behavior. I believe that serotonin has the opposite effects than those that are typically ascribed to it, and 5-HTP supplementation is unnecessary and probably deleterious in most cases.

TL : DR > It's dangerous.

If low serotonin levels don’t correlate with depression , then why is it MDMA causes us to be depressed? I figured 5-HTP has been helping me since my roll last week, or maybe it is just placebo and the fact that I’m getting better each day. I made an appointment to see a psychiatrist next week - I was hoping maybe they can give me some type of antidepressant that will combat the damage from MDMA. Do you think going on antidepressants would be unwise ?

If low serotonin levels don’t correlate with depression , then why is it MDMA causes us to be depressed? I figured 5-HTP has been helping me since my roll last week, or maybe it is just placebo and the fact that I’m getting better each day. I made an appointment to see a psychiatrist next week - I was hoping maybe they can give me some type of antidepressant that will combat the damage from MDMA. Do you think going on antidepressants would be unwise ?

Serotonin is likely not the root cause of depression and that’s pretty widely known. Otherwise antidepressants would act immediately because serotonin reuptake inhibition starts immediately and yet they take several weeks to exert antidepressant effects.

The brain is a complex network in terms of mood, emotions, and behavior. It doesn’t take much to knock it off balance. Dopamine, HT, and NMDA systems along with kappa and sigma receptors need balanced stimulation, inhibition, and firing for us to feel good. So imbalances in any of those systems along with deficits in BDNF/GDNF and a host of others is likely a complex root cause.

It’s definitely not just serotonin but if you throw one system off then it’s easy for the others to get thrown off as well. Also hence why antidepressants usually don’t totally fix it for people after they have drug induced damage and often times make things worse.

I would never go on an antidepressant for stuff like this and would reserve it only conditions where genetic factors are the main culprit. Those are few and far between.

Avoid..

5-HTP

L-Tryptophan

L-DOPA

Fish oil/Flax oil

Iron

Calcium

Huperazine A

Resveratrol

This is some godawful information. Have any legitimate reasoning behind this?

@Swim15

But do you have any legitimate reason to say ''No'' if you don't know what I'm talkin about?

I don’t need to. Those are all very benign and generally well tolerated supplements. Now if you have a specific application where you are recommending against their use for a documented reason then that would be somewhat different but you made a blanket statement to avoid them all...why?

5HTP can be debated some but everything else on that list doesn’t fall in that category. Still, I think it’s a stretch to say that it’s going to cause a lot of deleterious effects or we’d see a lot more cases with millions of people buying it off the shelf every month.

maybe instead of trying hard drugs to cure your issues, instead you try to face them head on?

and maybe instead of blaming MDMA for fucking you up, you examine how fucked up your life was before you added hard drugs to it.