• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Will tapering just a lil help or should I go cold turkey?? Plz people with experience

johnloperamide

Bluelighter
So I've been taking PST pretty often for 3 weeks and 2 days ago I had to stop for 48 to get my new seeds on the mail and got some withdrawals, so yesterday I decided today would be my last day and that I would taper off beginning tomorrow with the seeds I have left and never buy again... So is it even worth it to start tapering or should I just go cold turkey??... Before my last 5 day stint I had stopped for like 4 days and got no withdrawals, maybe a lil leg discomfort.. but after these past 5 days of use I got it a lot worse so would tapering let's saying taking from 150 g to 0 in like 5 days reducing 30g a day help at all with withdrawals or should I just go cold turkey??? please people with experience on withdrawals and taperin?? Thank you.

PS: I'm having a lot of trouble not making some more tea right now seeing that I have like 3lbs in my bathroom, so I'm sort of thinking about throwing them away but idk if I should save them for tapering

use the search engine...lots of good posts and reply

I wonder why you even bothered to respond... I need a specific answer to my question, how someone with experience thinks it'd be in my case...

I think I will just see how I feel and if I feel too shitty I'll take a small dose and go from there

Can't say much about PST as I've only used it a couple times. But if all my years of being a drug addict has taught me anything, It's that tapering is pretty much always a better choice than going cold turkey. Im actually at the tail end of a 9 month phenibut addiction, been slowly tapering for two months lol so I feel you.

If you think you have the willpower to actually taper and not just give in, say fuck it, and binge on those 3lbs, I don't see how it could hurt to do so. Make sure you have a decent scale and dose around the same time every day. I've never actually heard of anyone that's tapered off poppy seeds so I can't give you any specific advice.

Can't say much about PST as I've only used it a couple times. But if all my years of being a drug addict has taught me anything, It's that tapering is pretty much always a better choice than going cold turkey. Im actually at the tail end of a 9 month phenibut addiction, been slowly tapering for two months lol so I feel you.

If you think you have the willpower to actually taper and not just give in, say fuck it, and binge on those 3lbs, I don't see how it could hurt to do so. Make sure you have a decent scale and dose around the same time every day. I've never actually heard of anyone that's tapered off poppy seeds so I can't give you any specific advice.

Yes I totally have the willpower to use them for tapering only... They don't work too well anymore, not like the first 2 weeks.. I just want to avoid feeling miserable for 3, 4 days, duhh haha

I'll just prolly do what I said before, wait 2 days or so and if I'm feeling too miserable I'll dose with like 100g to make withdrawals go away and slowly go down to zero

Tapering is always better, imo. The slower you taper, the easier it'll be. Having the will power to actually taper and not give in after having a bad day or just because it's Friday and you want to have some fun is key. This is something that I struggle with and I always end up going CT because I don't have the will power to gradually reduce my doses.

The only issue with doing a short taper like 5 days could be that you're going to be withdrawing pretty much every day after the first day or two. So it's like, might as well just drop the hammer and go at it.

Since you haven't been using for so long CT really might be the best thing.

If I were in your situation, I'd start at a comfortable dose and reduce the dose by 50 grams every 4 days. Doing it this way would do a very good job of minimizing your withdrawal symptoms.

Whichever way you go, I wish you luck. Stay strong, you can do it.

If I were in your situation, I'd start at a comfortable dose and reduce the dose by 50 grams every 4 days. Doing it this way would do a very good job of minimizing your withdrawal symptoms.

Whichever way you go, I wish you luck. Stay strong, you can do it.

Ok thank you... makes sense... I will try a small 100g or so to see if that take withdrawals away and if it doesn't I will prolly just go cold turkey
I really think something small like 100g will take the withdrawals again.. last week during the 5 day stint I was taking small doses like 260g or something like that and feeling really good so I feel like 100-150g should be enough to stop withdrawals