• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Will taking subutex put me into PWD?

Thefruits

Greenlighter
I had a script of suboxone for about 6 months, I recently stopped going about 3 months ago and have been doing herion/fentanyl daily since then. I want to get back on subs but I am afraid to take one because of PWD. I can probably last about 16 hours without any until I need to take something. I have some subutex, will subutex put me into PWD or is it the naloxone in the suboxone that makes you withdraw?

i desperately want to stop doing dope, but I am scared shitless of taking the subutex and going into PWD. Does anyone know if I should be good after waiting 16 hours or will I go into withdraw? When I was in rehab they made me wait 48 hours after last dose until you can take bupe. But I do not think I can last that long now, being by myself not in rehab. They also gave me a benZo in rehab which helped greatly but I don’t have any of those. Any help anyone can offer I would greatly appreciate.

thanks.

It's not the naloxone, the bupe itself causes the precipitated withdrawal.

Unfortunately there's no preset time after which you'll be OK to take it without risking precipitated withdrawal. Usually I believe they wait until you reach a high enough score on the clinical opioid withdrawal scale.

Unfortunately it's entirely possible taking it before you're sick enough might make you feel worse. 16 hours might be long enough, or it might not be. It depends on how sick you are.

I don't remember the exact number, but if you google you can probably find the COWS level they usually induct at and at least wait till you meet it. Easier said than done I know.

It's not the naloxone, the bupe itself causes the precipitated withdrawal.

Unfortunately there's no preset time after which you'll be OK to take it without risking precipitated withdrawal. Usually I believe they wait until you reach a high enough score on the clinical opioid withdrawal scale.

Unfortunately it's entirely possible taking it before you're sick enough might make you feel worse. 16 hours might be long enough, or it might not be. It depends on how sick you are.

I don't remember the exact number, but if you google you can probably find the COWS level they usually induct at and at least wait till you meet it. Easier said than done I know.
Thanks I’ll check it out. I’ve done it a few times recently but those times I was only off subs for like a week at a time. I only waited like 16 hours then and I was perfectly fine. Does it depend on how long you’ve been doing it to affect how long you have to wait? Also I taper down over a week so I’m barely doing any at all the last day then wait as long as I can will I be less likely to get precipitated withdraw?

Thanks I’ll check it out. I’ve done it a few times recently but those times I was only off subs for like a week at a time. I only waited like 16 hours then and I was perfectly fine. Does it depend on how long you’ve been doing it to affect how long you have to wait? Also I taper down over a week so I’m barely doing any at all the last day then wait as long as I can will I be less likely to get precipitated withdraw?

Ultimately in pretty sure it just comes down to how sick you are. I mean, there needs to not be enough other opioids in your system so that when you take the bupe, it adds to how much opioid activity there is in your body rather than reducing it. Precipitated withdrawal happens because bupe has both a high affinity for opioid receptors, but doesn't activate them that well, so if you already have opioids in your system, it tends to cause you to suddenly lose opioid activity in your body rather than add to it, making you feel sicker instead of better.

To prevent it, you need to have as little other opioids in your system as possible, it can be hard to know when that is, and I'm on methadone not bupe so my first hand experience is limited, but I believe they usually decide when to give you the bupe based on your COWS score.

In a nutshell, you basically wanna wait as long as you can tolerate.

I had a script of suboxone for about 6 months, I recently stopped going about 3 months ago and have been doing herion/fentanyl daily since then. I want to get back on subs but I am afraid to take one because of PWD. I can probably last about 16 hours without any until I need to take something. I have some subutex, will subutex put me into PWD or is it the naloxone in the suboxone that makes you withdraw?

i desperately want to stop doing dope, but I am scared shitless of taking the subutex and going into PWD. Does anyone know if I should be good after waiting 16 hours or will I go into withdraw? When I was in rehab they made me wait 48 hours after last dose until you can take bupe. But I do not think I can last that long now, being by myself not in rehab. They also gave me a benZo in rehab which helped greatly but I don’t have any of those. Any help anyone can offer I would greatly appreciate.

thanks.
I am also in the same boat. I snort fenn. And I have had success with subutex. One time they messed up and gave me suboxone. I had the worst reaction to the suboxone. I am so scared to take any meds like subs. I’m at the end of my rope with drugs. I’m sick of it and want to stop. I’ve never waited 24 hours on subutex maybe 16 was longest and had the best results as to not completely feeling like I’m dying but it’s bad at 16 hours for me. I have benzos that I’m prescribed. I have Xanax and Ativan. Which would be the best one to use to calm me long enough. I’m freaking out. Also I am mentally disabled making the process that much harder for me to deal with and handle. Any advice on how to better get through the withdrawal because it’s the same feelings as my disabilities have made me feel during crisis moments in life. Please help I just need to get over taking the first dose of subs. The first one is always worrisome to me this time it’s the worst. I’m honestly mentally blocking my ability to get over taking it. Like I put myself into withdrawals from all the anxiety I can’t handle this at all anymore. Thanks.

First post New member. not new to using at all but never asked or wrote anything on a board but this is a good step for me

good luck to you all in your quest for sobriety and thank you for helping people like me