• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Will taking Kratom keep my opiate tolerance high, if i quit taking opiates?

Chris42393

Bluelighter
Hello everyone, i will be taking a break from opiates for awhile, but want to continue to use kratom. If i keep taking kratom, will this keep my opiate tolerance high, since it hits the mu receptors in the brain? Or should i just discontinue both, to decrease my tolerance?

Thanks

Yes it will keep your tolerance from dropping back down. How much it will effect tolerance will depend on how much/how often you will be using kratom in relation to your current tolerance.

If the goal is tolerance reduction your best bet is to not use at all, or atleast use as little as possible and as infrequently as possible.

Yes it will keep your tolerance from dropping back down. How much it will effect tolerance will depend on how much/how often you will be using kratom in relation to your current tolerance.

If the goal is tolerance reduction your best bet is to not use at all, or atleast use as little as possible and as infrequently as possible.

Thanks for the reply! Guess ill stop taking both, appreciate it :)

Yup, only effective way to reduce tolerance is abstinence.

You might explore NMDA antagonists if you want to try and reduce your tolerance quickly (they still require abstinence for this to work well though). Such substances also seem to be helpful with preventing tolerance from rising too fast.

See if you’re interested: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...llection-of-the-evidence-and-anecdotal-report

But like MDPV said, abstience is your best bet.

Yup, only effective way to reduce tolerance is abstinence.

You might explore NMDA antagonists if you want to try and reduce your tolerance quickly (they still require abstinence for this to work well though). Such substances also seem to be helpful with preventing tolerance from rising too fast.

See if you’re interested: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...llection-of-the-evidence-and-anecdotal-report

But like MDPV said, abstience is your best bet.

Thanks! Ill check those out!

I second ToothpasteDog's recommendation of NMDA Antagonists. The Thread listed goes up to 2010 so I'd like to add one more PUBMED article (#4350305) that is from 2015. It studies Melatonin instead of DXM and Memantine so it might be easier to keep up a regimen of daily dosing. Take a peek for yourself:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4350305/

I’ll have to add that to the thread! Thanks Jekyl <3

On is best served being cautious with those kinds of substances, but they have some amazing potential for certain folks (depends on how well one tolerates dissociation, though at the doses to prevent tolerance from building they should be pretty safe).

I second ToothpasteDog's recommendation of NMDA Antagonists. The Thread listed goes up to 2010 so I'd like to add one more PUBMED article (#4350305) that is from 2015. It studies Melatonin instead of DXM and Memantine so it might be easier to keep up a regimen of daily dosing. Take a peek for yourself:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4350305/

Thanks for the reply Jekyl! I read the article and if im understanding correctly...Melatonin has the same effect as a NMDA Antagonists? I have ketamine, but would rather not use that. I dont personally like the feeling/effects of disassociates. Id much rather use melatonin lol

Well, a lot of things have some NMDA antagonism, but something like melatonin isn’t strong enough for it to be used to help keep tolerance low or something. I think magnesium also acts as a NMDA angagonist :\

Well, a lot of things have some NMDA antagonism, but something like melatonin isn’t strong enough for it to be used to help keep tolerance low or something. I think magnesium also acts as a NMDA angagonist :\

I'm going by the PubMed article. Admittedly I have not tried it myself but you can read it and decide for yourself Chris.
Our findings demonstrate that melatonin have potential to attenuate repetitive morphine-induced hyperalgesia and tolerance, possibly by inhibiting PKCγ and NR1 activities in the spinal cord.

Huh, learn something new everyday. Just a little surprising because I’ve been using melatonin of a long time and never noticed a different between using it with something like morphine or not. That said, maybe if it’s use just before morphine or with it, it might produce different results?

I’d be surprised about subjective effects though. Now I’m wondering if magnesium has more NMDA action than melatonin, that was my impression of higher dosages or it. Who knows...