• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS Will taking Kratom before Suboxone cause precipitated withdrawals?

Ready2LiveAgain

Greenlighter
Hey all,

First time poster, but I’ve read many posts on the site in the past for opiate detox advice.

I have searched, but have not been able to find an exact answer to the question I have.

I am starting detox today (about 10 hours in so far), from a 1-2 gram a day Fentanyl binge.

I took some Kratom this morning, and plan on taking more Kratom throughout the day until around the 24-30 hour mark (since taking Fentanyl), to then safely take Suboxone to avoid any precipitated withdrawals.

My question is, does anyone know if taking Kratom before Suboxone can also cause precipitated withdrawals? Please let me know your thoughts / experiences with taking suboxone AFTER kratom.

Your help and insight is greatly appreciated!!

Also, my apologies if this is not the correct thread, I was not sure exactly where best to post. Please let me know if it should be moved to another thread.

I would expect taking buprenorphine soon after kratom certainly would put you into WDs.

I'm not sure if mitragynine et al are full agonists but if they are then it's highly likely you would get PWDs

Edit: 7-hydroxy-mitragynine is a partial agonist so it may not be a problem, but mitragynine could still be a full agonist or one of the many other alkaloids, hmm well mitragynine appears to be a partial agonist as well but tbh I wouldn't risk it unless someone has definitive information saying tha none of the actives are full agonists

Last edited:
Hi Quere,

Thanks for the reply. I too had read the conflicting reports about it being only a partial agonist. Some people swear although it has opiate like qualities that it does not hit the same receptors. But reports seem to be rather mixed.

I think that it would probably be wise for me to wait several hours after taking any kratom, and then take a micro dose of suboxone and go from there.

I don’t think it would be anywhere near as bad PWD’s one would experience from H/fent. And at least the kratom will help get you through that initial 24+ hours of allowing the H/fent to slowly leave your receptors.

I’m also currently looking into the Bernese Method, so I may end up going that route.

Decisions...decisions...

8 hours is sufficient. Kratom is a complex partial agonist, bupe is much more potent

That sounds about right to me, I’ll take some gabapentin during that time to hold me over.

Thanks for the replies!