• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Will taking adderall before getting yours wisdom teeth pulled stop them from KOing me

nancy145

Bluelighter
This is about something important first thing tommorow morning so please reply, I need help quick.
I have major problems waking up in the morning so my doctor prescribed me adderall for it. I have to go get my wisdom teeth pulled out tommorow morning and can't miss the appointment so I'll probably need the adderall to wake me up, but I'm worried if they give me drugs to knock me out for it the adderall will keep me awake. Does anyone know if it will? I have modafinil(provigil) too if that would be better. Thanks

I think you just get a local anesthesia, so there should be no interactions.
Maybe just call your doctor and ask him :)

They would presumably give you midazolam or something similar - in which case i don't think it is a good idea to be on stimulants.

If you are given sedation, it is with good reason, and i doubt you would want to stop it working as well as it shoukd because you're wired on amphetamine.

Your doctor Rx'd you Adderall because you "have major problems waking up in the morning"? Really?
Can you skip it and still get up this one time?

This is something you would ask the doctor that's performing your surgery. This is not something you would ask strangers on a forum. Best of luck though with your procedure

This is something you would ask the doctor that's performing your surgery. This is not something you would ask strangers on a forum. Best of luck though with your procedure

Do this. Before I had my wisdom teeth taken out I was asked to fill out a forum listing all the medications I take. I was prescribed low doses of Adderall/Dexedrine at the time for ADD; but I just did not take it at all when I had surgery for my impacted wisdom teeth where I was given n2o, and IV valium.

If you are just getting them pulled they don't have to put you under it's your option. I had mine taken out and the numbing injection was fine,no pain just felt weird pressure when they yanked them.

Why do doctors in america prescribe pharmaceutical amphetamines to everybody, I mean everyone has some difficulties waking up in the morning and having energy, Adderall as a medicine for wakefulness seems pretty exaggerated.

Btw I don't think that it will have interactions with the anesthesia especially if you're on a low dose of Adderall, but I would still avoid taking it if I were you

I was high as a kite on dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine) from the night prior when I got my wisdom teeth pulled. I believed my account of the procedure can be found somewhere in the catacombs of the bluelight archives, but I will restate for the sake of reference.

I used to be pretty relentless and uncaring about my substance use. At the time I did not realize just how reckless I was, but let's just say I took stupid risks often that never needed to be taken for any other reason but pure hedonism. I had a couple of impacted teeth and a few "straight up" teeth that required pulling. It just so happened the night before I got some dextroamphetamine pills from my buddy and took about 120mg of the sustained release spansules. I was pretty high and pretty speedy considering I had no real tolerance to stimulants. I stayed up all night, played guitar, compulsively masturbated - the usual speed shit and went to my appointment the following morning still quite buzzed.

When I got hooked up to the monitors and prepared for the surgery, all that was of note was a slightly elevated heart rate. Nobody noticed a thing otherwise. I was put under what they call "twilight sleep" - not asleep, but essentially numb. IV fentanyl and diazepam was what was given. I received the first push and it just got me a nice high. I required two more pushes to get me to the proper stage of sedation. The doctors seemed slightly surprised that I required 3 pushes, but it was nothing beyond reason.

In short, a slight amphetamine buzz is not enough to make you immune to procedural sedation. In fact, you'll probably just catch a nice buzz from the combo, but as I said before, it's reckless and not advised.

I could be mistaken but wouldn't they give him gas to knock him out,I thought that was typical! Shit if they give IV dope I got some bad teeth needs a pulling,lol!!!

I could be mistaken but wouldn't they give him gas to knock him out,I thought that was typical! Shit if they give IV dope I got some bad teeth needs a pulling,lol!!!

I just got local with 4 impacted teeth. It was one of the worst experiences of my life and I came away with two dry sockets. Puked every time I tried to take my pain medication (ibuprofen included)

IV dope is prob a good idea in some circumstances

^Just a local? That is fucking cold man. I forgot to mention that I got nitrous oxide as well. I can honestly say that getting my wisdom teeth pulled was an enjoyable experience and I would repeat it if possible... God I'm fucked up.

Also walked away with 22 oxycodone/apap 5mg's.