• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids will lyrica help with opiate withdrawal?

There is some evidence that for some people both pregabs and gabapentin can help, but it isn't 100% conclusive at the moment. Don't have dosing details to hand I'm afraid, but if you think its worked for you before definitely worth trying again. Do a bit of research, I was reading some stuff on this online just the other day, there was quite a bit.

Dunno if the post of Agirl77 was intended to me but, before having and addiction to methadone ('til 120mg/daily) i was an heroin addicted. I tried cold turkey couple of times, after a week my body was ok but my mind always looking for opiates of any kind. The only way that worked to me was begin methadone treatment, i upping the dosage to the top (100mg/daily its the maximum amount of 'done give for opiate treatment in italy), the tapering very low until 50mgs, stayin stable for a year and begin to work seasonaly i find the motivation to kick everything off, during the treatment i NEVER took any kind of opiates. Now im clean from H for almost 4years. if i would cold turkey from methadone i was going through an hellish MONTH or even more. The half life of methadone its 3 time more the halflife of heroin, its took more to get through.
Im not plannin to stay on lyrica or benzos, but it defintly helps to get through the tapering and the final withdrawal.

For mind-melt: according to my doctor, benzos are wayyy more addictive than lyrica, affect same GABA zone but without active the Cl- Channels and other GABA receptor that benzos do. Lyrica IS ADDICTIVE, but less than benzos and tapering off is less shitty. Always depend on your daily dosage, if your planning to took lyrica for only one week, helping you to get through, so do it. the week after i suggest to taper the dose by cutting of half dosage and i guess there's no problem.
Im NOT A DOCTOR, i don't think im the god of knowledge but only a person with addiction problem that lead me to know every stuff i put in my body, searching, reading, listen and asking to professionals like phsychiatric and doctors.
The dosage suggested to me is 300mg daily, but i took also alprazolam (1.5-2mg/day).
To ended up: Lyrica is helping me for methadone wthdrawal, often combined with some pot, BUT everyone is different. if you can ask to your doctor.

Lyrica for opiots withdrawl

Well yaa so my question is pretty basic. I've never taken Lyrica but I have access to it. I'm going to start my detox today (2-5 bag a day). I don't know if Lyrica works on other receptors like Tramadol does or even if Lyrica is an opiate at all. One time I took a bunch of benadryl (can't remember how much exactly) to combat opiate withdrawals, that was a bad idea because it just threw me in a hazey hell hole that did more damage than good. If anyone is familiar with Lyrica tell me a good dose too, I mean I've read up on it here and 600mg sounds good???

This is day 4 of my withdrawl. These days have been absolutly hell. Stomach pain, diarrhea, vomiting, feel like death until this morning after i got home from doc about nerve pain in my feet from having diabetes. Doc gave me lyrica for the nerve pain. 2 hours after i took lyrica for my feet the opiod withdrawal was 100% gone and im not even craving anything. Sooo happy...

Well yaa so my question is pretty basic. I've never taken Lyrica but I have access to it. I'm going to start my detox today (2-5 bag a day). I don't know if Lyrica works on other receptors like Tramadol does or even if Lyrica is an opiate at all. One time I took a bunch of benadryl (can't remember how much exactly) to combat opiate withdrawals, that was a bad idea because it just threw me in a hazey hell hole that did more damage than good. If anyone is familiar with Lyrica tell me a good dose too, I mean I've read up on it here and 600mg sounds good???

If you don't want to stop for good , Imodium ad will kill your withdrawal just take 30 pills. I'm not lieing I've done before. Just do not take it for more than a couple of weeks. It can have extremely bad side effects if taken for long long periods of time. But just to kill withdrawal for a few days it works like methadone with out getting you high though.

I know this is an old thread but it bears repeating: Pregabalin (and likely Gabapentin) are almost miracle drugs. I've used it to quit a year-long morphine habit and between pregabalin, loperamide (for the GI tract) and ibuprofen and acetaminophen for the pain, it's like to go from a 10 to a 2-3 on a withdrawal syndrome scale. Of course I am fatigued, I am not very productive but I can take phone calls, the dog out for a walk and doing everyday chores, like it's no big deal at all. I hope some others will see this thread and realize they can get off their opiate of choice because it doesn't have to be hell on earth.