• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Will Kratom interfere with Suboxone induction?

xburtonchic

Bluelighter
Sometime in the next few days I plan to kick heroin for the thousandth time so I can start looking for work. I have a job, but the hours are kind of all over the place, and I need something more stable. Anyway, I have three 8 mg Suboxone, a couple Clonodine, about ten .25 mg Xanax, and some Kratom to get the job done. The hardest part for me is always the day and a half of non-using while I'm waiting to be able to start taking the Suboxone; it's too easy to just say screw it and go pick up. So this time, my plan was to use the Kratom during that time to help fight any cravings and physical discomfort.

My only question is, will taking the Kratom affect my Suboxone induction? Will I go into precip withdrawal if I take the Subs too soon after taking the Kratom? How long should I wait after my last dose of Kratom before it's okay to start taking the Suboxone? I can't find the answers anywhere... any search just brings up a bunch of questions about whether it's possible to get high on Kratom while on Suboxone... and that's not exactly what I'm looking for lol. Thanks!

The kratom will affect the sub induction if you take them in close proximity. I'd wait atleast 24 hrs after kratom to take the sub, generally kratom is shorter liver than morphine or heroin

It could possibly be the best thing to do in that it that the kratom probably won't fully cover your withdrawal symptoms if you have a hefty heroin habit. So while the kratom will help give you energy and aid in subsiding some withdrawal symptoms, don't expect to feel 100% on kratom alone. In this way, when you take the sub, you will feel full relief from withdrawal and when you finally run out of Sub, you will have an easier time getting off

If I were you I would do your heroin, wait 16-24 hrs to be in withdrawal, dose kratom for the next two days, wait 24+ hrs after taking kratom and dose a low dose of sub.

Good luck! While I have much experience with suboxone, I never did a true induction as I was on the tail end of my withdrawal (about five days after my last heroin shot) to take sub, and I never took another opiate in between that time. Maybe someone with taking kratom Nd then sub experience could be of better help...

Kratom will add something traditional opiates don't have, it has nmda antagonism properties and some yohimbe esque like stimulation, probably being an NRI

yeah, one time i dosed kratom at 6am and scored some subs around noon, didnt notice any type of interference. everyones different through!

Interesting topic here. Bup is converted to norbuprenorphine which is a μ-opioid, δ-opioid, and nociceptin receptor full agonist, but a k-opioid partial agonist. Therefore I would imagine that activity at K is responsible for precipitated withdrawal. Since Kratom isn't active on that receptor, maybe it really doesn't affect kratom in the same way as most other opioids. This is pure speculation though, i've never tried it and probably never would just due to being scared of PWs. Naloxone on the other hand, is a full μ-opioid antagonist, but is uneffective at precipitating withdrawal at dosages less than roughly 4mg.

im on 30mg methadone starting subs on Thursday. my last dose of meth is monday. can I take kratom on Tuesday an Wednesday?

Hello to anyone who cares. Long time reader, first time poster. My name is Mr Schitt von Anusberg, but you can call me Horatio. I have been on a suboxone maintenance(smt) for a few months now. I have heard that a lot of people on smt have to take drug tests, however i am not subjected to them. It takes me only 8hrs after using heroin to be able to take sub and not be thrown into WD. But it seems like when i take my morning dose of sub then try to get high on H i barley even get a buzz off H. How long would i have to avoid dosing my sub in order to get a buzz off H? The suboxone has really helped me get back in control of my life, before smt i was a terrible H addict with no control of my life. Since ive been on smt ive been able to hold down a decent paying construction job. Since im not on drugtests for my treatment, on fridays when payday comes around i hit up my wetback and get a bag of black tar. I know its real good shit because its the shit i used when i was a full blown addict. I dont miss my dose of sub(12mg twice a day) on friday morning for fear of being sick for work. About 12 hrs later i can barley get high off the tar even if i do a lot. I feel like i cant go 12 hrs without my dose of sub or else ill be sick. This "i need sub every 12 hrs" thing might just be all in my head, and maybe i can go longer than 12 hrs without being sick(doctor says half life of sub is 3 days...) but thats beside the point. I cant feel sick at work because my job is really hard. Anyone have any comments or advice? Also i would like to say suboxone is great and has really turned my life around and i thank god for it. Anyway...

Your bestest pal,
Mr Schitt von Anusberg
Aka Horatio

P.S. -- sub-diddily doodily-boxone has greatly increased my sex drive too. While i was a full blown junkie i had no interest in making love to the ladies or beating off or anything...now my homies dont even call me by my nickname of horatio, ive been dubbed "horsexio de la spitfuck von niggerboob"...(if'n ya catch mah drift(; xD) ...ive been getting my doodle diddiled at least 3x a day by a fat bitch. Im fixin' to write a letter to reckitt binksner and vote they change the name from "suboxone" to "sexboxone doodily diddily weehee woohoo yeeha"!! I might even bang my sister if the fat bitch gets too tore up and i run out of jack off jelly! Shes my adopted sister and weve known each other for 19 yrs(shes 19 im 20-something) so since shes adpoted were cool to fuck right? Oh my gawddd i have such a major sexboxone boner right now! Weehee! Anyway....

Love,

Your bestest pal,
Schitt von Anusberg
Aka Horsexio(Horatio)

I had the same worries as you before. I took Kratom, and less than 3 hours later, took a full 8mg sub. No Precip withdrawal or any odd feelings at all. Kratom must not bind that hard to the opioid receptors, and if so, not for very long.

Ain't nothing wrong with big chicks, but don't fuck your adopted sister, thats weird are you from West Virginia or something dude?

It could I guese, but I see how it wouldn't cause them...it's not like it has the strongest binding affininty and the half life is SUPER short.

Yeah definitely.

Thanks for the fast response man! It's wednesday now so I've made it more then 48 hours since my last dose of 30mg methadone. Using Kratom, Cannabis and i took 1 imodium this morning. My first dose of Suboxone will be tomorrow morning. Im so happy to get on subs finally !

Yeah definitely.
Congratulations and good luck!!:)

Thanks man I appreciate it ! Last time I tried to do this I was at 44 MGs made it 72 hours but didn't feel like I was in enought w/d to take the subs. I've been at 30mg methadone for 2 weeks now. I should pretty much be fine to take my Suboxone tomorrow as long as im feeling kinda shitty right? I doubt I'll be in full blown withdrawals but If I have the body aches, anxiety, etc. and it's been 72 hours since last meth dose I should be fine? I've only been on methadone for 6 months, 50mg the highest I was at.

So I ran out of percs last night but had yellow syrup which is extended release and perc in my system. I started to feel some slight withdrawals so I tried kratom supplement my friend told me he uses and it helps with withdrawals. I got it from the gas station and its a proprietary blend, what ever that means. Well I tried one capsule, waited nothing happened, still felt discomfort so I took another. Felt a little better but my stomach was hurting and I was tossing and turning all night and had a nightmare about me hurting myself and jumped up really fast. Which was really weird. Anyways my stomach hurt pretty bad so I took like 1 mg of sub after reading up on if it will cause withdrawals. Well as I sat on the toilet with sub in my mouth, I began to sweat profusely and my stomach got even worse with cramps and I felt a warm sensation take over my body,then came all the nasty diarrhea. It was pretty bad, it lasted maybe 15 minutes. Then I got in a hot hot bath and fell asleep a bit and now I feel better but my stomach is still rumbling slightly. So I figured it was perciptated withdrawals which I've never experienced. But it wasn't strong, kinda mild I guess but very uncomfortable. So I'm guessing kratom has some kind of opioids in it? Only way it would effect suboxone huh? That's what I'm assuming. I know it's not from the other crap I took because I've been taking subs like this for a year now and nothing like this has ever happened. So I'm blaming the kratom ?

I think it's likely to cause some problems with your Suboxone induction. Kratom and it's active alkaloids are believed to act on Opiate receptors. Being that you need to clear your body of opioids prior to induction, Kratom could possibly contribute to a precipitated withdrawal situation.

I am bumping this thread brecause this information is not conclusive anywhere on the internet including this very thread.
Will kratom allow you to bridge the gap between heroin stopage and suboxone induction?
I have heard of people taking tramadol with subs. Will tramadol allow you to bridge this gap?
If I have only used for the past month, will my chances of getting pwd be less since the suboxone will probably be strong to me?