• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Will I withdrawal ?? Rapid Suboxone taper to naltrexone

howardzac

Greenlighter
Hello everyone.

I have been scouring the internet to see if anyone has experience with this and have not found anything yet. Which is surprising because I dont think it would be that uncommon.

The situation:

Used heroin for months. Doing a 6 day suboxone taper (total of 24mg over 6 days) to get through the dope withdrawals. After the taper I want to start taking naltrexone. Has anyone ever tried this? or something similar? Will it send me into bupe withdrawal.

The basic underlying question is do you have to have developed a habit that would normally arise in withdrawal symptoms to go into precipitated withdrawal? Like, if you only used dope 1 time in your entire life and the next day took naltrexone, would you withdrawal?

Thanks

Correct, precipitated withdrawal only happens in people already dependent on opiates who take an antagonist like naltrexone.

You should be alright tho admittedly I don't have experience with the substance. I do believe bupe out competes naltrexone at receptor sites so you would be fine in that case. You may feel some withdrawals coming off such a fast bupe taper, but not precipitated wd