• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Will i get addicted to heroin if i just tried it oone time?

This is the cannabis forum my friend. We only accept threads on cannabis. Having said that, no one can tell you fopr sure whether you will get addicted to heroin or not. You dont become hooked after the first time though, but if you like it a lot and want to do it again that is the first step toward being hooked.

FOr a lot of people what it hreoin addiction goes like this. they try it and arent all that impressed. that leads them to believe they can control it. they think they dont like it as much as the people who become hardcore junkies. for the next few months/years they use it occasionally without becoming hooked lulling them into a further false sense of security. Eventually they find themselves using more and more until the days of not being a hardcore junkie are just a memory. That is how it happened with me and all my friends. We all took months or years to get hooked but we all eventually got hooked.

Blaraafjl, no one can tell you if you're going to get addicted or not. Sure, the odds are very much stacked against you if you were to try it but those are just odds. You have to ask yourself, Is it worth it? Is that one time high worth the risk of years of addiction? You're the one and only person who can answer that question. No one knows if you'll get addicted. You're asking what seems like a personal opinion question. My personal opinion is that you should stay well away from it.

As Burn out says, this is a cannabis focused sub-forum. There are many other forums on BL that can help guide you and help you with your query. I'm afraid to say though that if you're looking for a green light when it comes to taking H, you'll not really find it here on BL. Most have either learned from their own mistakes or learned from others. There are a high percentage of BL members that would encourage you to stay away from this substance.

Best of luck and keep to the cannabis my friend xx

Hi tthanks for reply tbh ive had over a hundred chances and not tried it im addicted to codeine for crohns though up to 8 30mg a day! but ive been tapering despite that i unfortunately have ran out til chemish open gd thing we got panadol.

Oh yeh i will alway be with the weed im going for a walk through the canal to blaze after ive done my cwe hope theirs not ote quite like ttominthis early whn its still dark!

I'm on 30mg DHC 2 a day 4 times a day as instructed but I only use it as and when needed. Weed is an amazing pain killer and I'd choose that over any opiate tbh. Nice to hear you've passed H by as often as you have. That can't be easy with Crohns. I've got IBS and that ain't even a patch on Crohns. You're doing well, you should be damn proud of yourself.

As always, be careful with your meds. If possible ( says responsible adult ) take as and when needed but never exceed. In the end it will defeat the purpose and you'll only need more for basic pain management as I'm sure you already well know. Keep it up babe. When in doubt, spliff out. ( yeah, that was lame even by my standards =D)

Well now the docs on about taking me off them or something guess i should try get some kratom also codeine is great for regulating your bowels thats one other reason im prescribed it.

i would have moved it to BDD but i figured it'll be better in OD's "should i try heroin?" megathread.

CD--->OD

No you will not get addicted doing it once, unless you have a history of abusing other opiate pills. I'm talking physical dependence that is, mental, well...all it takes is one time

YEAH. ABSO-FUCKIN-LUTELY YOU WILL GET ADDICTED FROM FIRST DOSE. Everyone who does heroin the first time has the intention of keeping it that way. Unfortunatley, Heroin is the most addicted substance and over 25% of people who have ever tried it are currently using. That's not counting the ones who lost years to it and quit. I am a heroin addict, I used it for the first 11 days of this month and have not touched it in the followin 18 days.. I am still in WD. The WD feels like every limb is being strecthed and compressed at the same-time. The WD makes the most-sane man think continously about killing himself. The high also makes you think you wouldn't care if you were dead. Never do heroin EVER not even ONCE.

well i mean, if you're already addicted to codeine then i suppose you're already an opiate addict - heroins just a different opiate.
keep fighting the good fight chrons-warrior #invisibledisabilities

Well by definition if you only try heroin once you wouldn't be addicted, but this isn't a perfect world.

You know...i think I submitted a thread very similar to this just before I made the switch from oxycodone to heroin. You'd have to check my thread history to find out, but if you did you'd also see the progression of my addiction. My thread history alone should answer this question for you, as embarrassed as I am of it...

You know...i think I submitted a thread very similar to this just before I made the switch from oxycodone to heroin. You'd have to check my thread history to find out, but if you did you'd also see the progression of my addiction. My thread history alone should answer this question for you, as embarrassed as I am of it...

I actually remember this because it was around the time I was very addicted too. Heroin was never even my DOC or primary opioid, I'd just say that hard opioids in general aren't worth messing with (including oxy tbh). There's two ways your question can go OP, and do you really wanna know the answer? I got clean but I still have a perma-tolerance and statistically should probably be dead, so just don't bother, I can't really say anything positive about the experience of opioid addiction other than that it's given me some perspective about life, the hard way.

Shit, I may not be actively addicted to any opioids now, but check my thread history too. Codeine is nothing compared to the world of stronger opioids, heroin may be just another opioid to those that are already on strong stuff (like I was), but if you're on codeine already, don't make it worse. If I wasn't using equally strong shit than heroin when I tried it, I'm sure I would've ended up addicted to it and definitely in jail if not dead. Also, it'll probably give you a perma-tolerance that'll make most opioids useless for pain, I'm glad I'm no longer in pain because if I were, I honestly don't know how I'd treat it. I used to get severe abdominal cramps, and it only got to the point where nothing really worked. I've been clean for over 8 months and I can still get really high without getting much more pain relief than I would from Aleve, so the "gold standard" drug class for pain relief is essentially useless now. I hope you find a better solution OP.

OP: it is hit or miss, but seeing as you are addicted to an opiate, codeine, already, you obviously have an addictive personality.. so if you have easy access to dope, chances of getting addicted to heroin are pretty high... be careful, that is not a place you should go to.. it took me to places I never imagined it would take me to as my addiction from oxy turned to an addiction to heroin, and shooting oxy once in a while with dilaudid, or shooting other pharm opioids as a whole, on occasion.. when I got to heroin, I sniffed the ECP and smoked the black tar heroin, then I was handed a brand new rig, filled with a perfect dose of some fire dope, and after that moment, snffing and smoking H, was history.. once I shot good dope, I became a total needle IV addict, and then shot everything...

If he is predisposed to other opiates, then yes heroin you can get physically addicted after the second time given these facts

I'm just going to go ahead and say yes. If that's a risk you're willing to take then that's what you're going to do.

Go read some heroin withdrawal threads and then see how you feel.