• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Will I experience bad withdrawals from this dose of etizolam? (150mg over 2 months)

pbuilder

Bluelighter
I started using about 1mg a day a few months back. I would use larger doses though sporadically (4-8mg) to combat cocaine comedowns and would occasionally use 2-3mgs in a day. For the past two weeks though I tapered down to 1mg a day again, with the exception of about 3-4mgs once last weekend for a coke comedown.

But otherwise, half a mg in the morning, half at night, combined with cannabis use usually.

I'm about to run out, should I expect any serious withdrawals or should 1mg dose be low enough to hop off?

Hard to say really. If it was myself I wouldn't chance it and would've tried to get Valium to taper with. Just keep an eye on how you feel when not taking it while you still have some. How bout tomorow you try not taking any and see how you feel after a couple days if it gets really bad then take a .5 at least that way you can find help from a doctor while you still have some etolizam. It's better than burning through them all then running out and realising the withdrawals are too bad but not having any.

Do you really think I am within seizure dosage lol? 1mg a day?
No I don't think so but it's a possibility, you'll definitely have withdrawals. It's more like 2.5mg a day if you did 150mg in two months, even if the last two weeks were 1mg.

No I don't think so but it's a possibility, you'll definitely have withdrawals. It's more like 2.5mg a day if you did 150mg in two months, even if the last two weeks were 1mg.

It was usually 1mg a day, with large doses of 4-8mgs or 3-4mgs here and there (never consecutively or within less then 5 days of each other). Consistantly though, it has been 1mg a day over the two months.

We cant say for sure man. People always come on asking if they will get withdrawals if they stop taking a drug but the fact is everybody is different some might get horrid withdrawal symptoms and others will hardly be phased. Stop taking it for a couple days and find out for yourself! Its not very hard just don't dose tomorrow and see how you feel. If you feel horrible then take a dose and seek medical attention before you run out completely. Don't take them all then find out you cant stop, that's how people have seizures.

We cant say for sure man. People always come on asking if they will get withdrawals if they stop taking a drug but the fact is everybody is different some might get horrid withdrawal symptoms and others will hardly be phased. Stop taking it for a couple days and find out for yourself! Its not very hard just don't dose tomorrow and see how you feel. If you feel horrible then take a dose and seek medical attention before you run out completely. Don't take them all then find out you cant stop, that's how people have seizures.

I have some phenibut as well. I got about 70 pills of 200mg each. Can I use those to taper as well?

Yeah, there's no way to say for sure just how bad your withdrawal will be. Some are more susceptible than others. Me, I drew the shit end of the stick... I used etiz 2-3x a week with the exception of 1 week daily at 1-3mgs for about 4 months and when I quit I went through 3 months of terrible withdrawal. I'm not being a pussy either like one would assume given my small habit, It was three monthsof straight panic, seeing stuff in the corner of my eye, little sleep, near complete food intolerance, cramps, severe agoraphobia... the whole nine. On the other hand there are those who can use daily for long periods of time and experience nothing. IME phenibut didn't do much for the withdrawal, though the user Butcher is finding relief. The best thing I've found to help was magnesium citrate powder, gabapentin, weed (weird right?), and time. Good luck man, hope you don't have as rough of a time I had.

Last edited:
Yeah, there's no way to say for sure just how bad your withdrawal will be. Some are more susceptible than others. Me, I drew the shit end of the stick... I used etiz 2-3x a week with the exception of 1 week daily useat about 1-3mgs for about 4 months and when I quit I went through 3 months of terrible withdrawal. I'm not being a pussy either like one would assume given my small habit, It was three monthsof straight panic, seeing stuff in the corner of my eye, little sleep, near complete food intolerance, cramps, severe agoraphobia... the whole nine. On the other hand there are those who can use daily for long periods of time and experience nothing. IME phenibut didn't do much for the withdrawal, though the user Butcher is finding relief. The best thing I've found to help was magnesium citrate powder, gabapentin, weed (weird right?), and time. Good luck man, hope you don't have as rough of a time I had.

Thanks for the response. I'll pick up some gabapentin and magnesium citrate.

Wean Off As Slowly As Possible With Diazepam Or Any Long-Acting Benzodiazepine.

How I have navigated my benzo dependencies in the past was to notice any intermittent withdrawals while taking them and/or tapering down.

If so, I kinda knew I would experience w/d when I quit. If no intermittent sx were apparent I was mostly ok. Once, I was highly addicted and had to get on seizure meds, another time… I didn't become dependent. There are so many factors involved though. Also, if one has used benzos before, underlying issues, body weight… duration (which you mentioned). :)

btw, getting on clorazepate helped me withdraw from a shorter acting one I was taking. Clorazepate has a tremendously long 1/2 life, longer than Diazepam I think

Keep the weeds and quit the benzos.
Besides the usual w/d there is lot of side effects that really mess you up psychologically.

I have a friend who quit cold turkey off 1mg/day for a year straight. Nothing more than a few days worth of anxiety. It really depends how many days you had 4-8 instead of 1mg. Yes you COULD get seizures. Yes you COULD have a terrible time of it but any benzo/thieno subject and everybody hops on the scare tactic train. Users have reported etiz/thieno to be easier than majority of benzo's as far as dependence/withdrawal goes not to mention 1mg is a low dose. Don't shrug it off but don't be scared needlessly by some of the above poster's who say all benzo w/d equals death. They are doing it for the right reasons but the responses are over the top in relation to the dose.

I have a friend who quit cold turkey off 1mg/day for a year straight. Nothing more than a few days worth of anxiety. It really depends how many days you had 4-8 instead of 1mg. Yes you COULD get seizures. Yes you COULD have a terrible time of it but any benzo/thieno subject and everybody hops on the scare tactic train. Users have reported etiz/thieno to be easier than majority of benzo's as far as dependence/withdrawal goes not to mention 1mg is a low dose. Don't shrug it off but don't be scared needlessly by some of the above poster's who say all benzo w/d equals death. They are doing it for the right reasons but the responses are over the top in relation to the dose.

Thanks. I last dosed .5 mg yesterday morning. Then I had a dose of 600mg of phenibut later in the day, and 1000mg for sleep. I slept fine, I started the day off today feeling fine and having practically no anxiety. Then I smoked some weed and had a little bit of anxiety so I took a 3rd of a mg of etizolam and 800mg of phenibut. (This is at around 7:30pm in the day, so in the evening).
I have 1mg left of etizolam, I plan to make it last at least three days combined with some more low dose phenibut, then just the phenibut, and then hopping off.

Please...please be very careful with the phenibut, dependency builds quick and it's similar to benzo withdrawal. Try and leave 2 days between doses, though the odd 2 days in a row won't do much harm.

Please...please be very careful with the phenibut, dependency builds quick and it's similar to benzo withdrawal. Try and leave 2 days between doses, though the odd 2 days in a row won't do much harm.

Yes, i made the mistake of believing phenibut withdrawal to be non-existant, so I stopped my twice a week limit, and jumped on daily use. I went from needing 1.5g to feel euphoric, to now just a month later needing 5gs to just feel normal. I wake up in the morning feeling terrible, and due to how long it takes phenibut to kick in, i usually dont feel right for a minimum of two hours after waking up. Phenibut can become a dirty, nasty habit, quicker than any benzo can.

Please be careful.