• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Will gabapentin help mild benzo WD?

cj

Bluelight Crew
Title says it all really. I think I got myself hooked on Xanax over the last month or so. Nothing crazy 1mg will still get me feeling good. But I think I had the beginning of withdrawal yesterday. I just got prescribed 300mg gabapentin so I'm hopeing it will replace the Xanax?

It will help the rebound anxiety for sure. But you'll probally need 900mg. I don't know if it will help insomnia. Helps great for anxiety though. Helped for my alcohol rebound anxiety.

Thanks. I'm just fucking scared. Never had benzo withdrawal before. If what I felt last night is any indication I am really really scared.

It will definitely help you, I don't think your withdrawal will be dangerous like if, say, you were taking much more for a longer period of time. You will probably have some anxiety and trouble sleeping, scattered thoughts, all that shit. Just dose with the gabapentin until you feel okay. Also keep in mind that gabapentin usually takes about 2 hours to kick in.

If you were only usually doing 1 mg doses over the course of a month, I wouldn't think you have much to worry about WD-wise.

(well, except for possible renewed anxiety, of course)

It will lessen the degree of the w/d symptoms for sure as it turns down your calcium voltage channel so in theory will lessen the hectic body is about to explode effects, its better than a kick in the teeth while doing a benzo rattle that is for sure. Try getting some Pregablin if you can, same thing basically just stronger.

It seems to be helping so far. I'm 24 hours since my last 1mg Xanax dose and I only feel very mild anxiety.

Absolutely as you seemed to of found out, I C/T a 4-6 mg. a day habit of 3 years in December 2013. My lifesaver was Gabapentin. I'm certain you're nowhere near seizure territory, but the Gaba will help u with that.

Take it easy. I hope you feel better soon.

4-6 mg. Xanax habit btw