• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Will Alcohol aggravate Phenibut Withdrawal, if Withdrawal Sumtpoms are 95% Gone?

kangaroojackaroo

Greenlighter
Good Evening,

Long story short, I went through about a week of Phenibut withdrawals 1 month ago. Last weekend I took 3 grams on 2 Consecutive days, not knowing the withdrawal would come back. Phenibut is quite odd this way. I no longer feel the withdrawal syndrome anymore, as I feel it subsided this morning( I started withdrawal 6 days ago). The Withdrawal was physically nothing severe... Just hell as far as The psychological side of it goes: severe anxiety, anhedonia,depression, mental fog, etc.

My question is now that the withdrawal as for the most part subsided, would alcohol cause a renewal of the withdrawal? I just moved to a new area 3 weeks ago, and this will be my first time going out since moving here, now that I have a group of friends to chill with, so I would really like to drink.

(I apologize if this has been covered in another post, I just couldn't find anything conclusive on If alcohol would cause Phenibut withdrawal to rebound)

I kicked an 8 month daily phenibut habit back in July. Terrible withdrawals. I waited about two weeks after the withdrawal was perceived to be over to start drinking. It didnt seem to aggravate any symptoms. Just don't over do it.

I appreciate the feedback. I did end up drinking 6 bottles of stout last night, and other than the slight normal hangover groginess, I woke up feeling normal and I don't feel as if the alcohol aggravated anything.

EDIT: though this thread is pretty much dead, I am making this edit for those who might possibly stumble upon it: a few hours after the above post, the withdrawals returned with a vengeance. My anxiety levels went throigh the roof and I proceeded to experience the withdrawals like never before, not only because now I had the hangover to deal with, but that because if alcohols affinity to gaba-b, it might have set something off. It has been two days since that post, and I am still feelin like complete shit. So, if you want to be smart, listen to the above poster and wait 2 weeks after pheni withdrawal is perceived to be over to start pouring alcohol down your throat.

Last edited: