• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Will a nicotine patch make a cigarette buzz stronger?

Arcane magic

Greenlighter
So now this is my first post, so I apologize for any mistakes I make with spelling/grammar, and if I post this in the wrong place.

So I was just wondering. Would a cigarette/ vape produce stronger effects if I had a nicotine patch/ gum? I do have a mild tolerance and I don't get as strong a buzz as I used to, and I know I could just take a tolerance break but I'm still curious about this. I tried looking for information about this but couldn't find much.

Yes it definitely would, as you would have more total nicotine in your system when smoking. Actually it could even be dangerous, as nicotine is a stimulant and rather toxic, so be careful if you do. I'm sure plenty of people have smoked with a patch on (or a dip in or something - hell I've done that). Just saying, be careful and take stock of how you feel.

Yes it definitely would, as you would have more total nicotine in your system when smoking. Actually it could even be dangerous, as nicotine is a stimulant and rather toxic, so be careful if you do. I'm sure plenty of people have smoked with a patch on (or a dip in or something - hell I've done that). Just saying, be careful and take stock of how you feel.
I thank you greatly for your reply my dude! I fare thee well in thy endeavors

I would imagine not, as patches deliver small amounts of nicotine very slowly and are designed *not* to give you a high. The gum might, yes, but honestly you may as well just smoke 2 cigarettes.

I would imagine not, as patches deliver small amounts of nicotine very slowly and are designed *not* to give you a high. The gum might, yes, but honestly you may as well just smoke 2 cigarettes.

Well the patch doesn't get you a nicotine buzz itself, but it does provide you with a baseline level of nicotine which, if you add more nicotine, would result in somewhat more nicotine in the system directly after a cigarette/vape/etc. Maybe it wouldn't be much extra but it would still probably get you at least a little higher. And given that nicotine is actually a pretty toxic drug in an overdose, I thought it best to leave the warning that I did.

Well the patch doesn't get you a nicotine buzz itself, but it does provide you with a baseline level of nicotine which, if you add more nicotine, would result in somewhat more nicotine in the system directly after a cigarette/vape/etc. Maybe it wouldn't be much extra but it would still probably get you at least a little higher. And given that nicotine is actually a pretty toxic drug in an overdose, I thought it best to leave the warning that I did.

I agree with the warning. I switched to e-cigs for a while once and a few times suffered nicotine overdose (I didn't have to go outside to smoke so I'd often end up just vaping away in front of the TV without thinking) and it's HORRIBLE. It feels very similar to hypoglycemia. It doesn't last long, but I had to hide in bed until it went away each time.

I suppose I could, but personally I hate smoking i don't like the taste or the smell. And vaping hurts my throat a bit.

I suppose I could, but personally I hate smoking i don't like the taste or the smell

By far the best thing to use is the oral spray, then. It gives me the same high as a cigarette. Also, due to it's strong mintiness (mintyness? mint-ness-ness?) it doubles as a breath-freshener.

By far the best thing to use is the oral spray, then. It gives me the same high as a cigarette. Also, due to it's strong mintiness (mintyness? mint-ness-ness?) it doubles as a breath-freshener.
Whoa nicotine spray? I never even thought such a think existed! I'll have to look into it.

patches deliver small amounts of nicotine very slowly and are designed *not* to give you a high. The gum might, yes, but honestly you may as well just smoke 2 cigarettes.
The patches are rather easy to OD on. Literally just put them on.

You're not bright.

The patches are rather easy to OD on. Literally just put them on.

You're not bright.

Actually, my IQ is 137 (y)

I worse my friends (maximum dose) patches when I'd never experienced nicotine before for the appetite suppression.
Had zero side-effects whatsoever. You'd have to be stupid enough to wear multiple patches.

And thinking you can determine one's intelligence from their experience with a nicotine branch? Sounds like you're trying to cover up your own insecurities over your lack of intelligence.

p.s. I have no info to contribute to original topic, I theorized you might be numbed to nicotine if you're "desensitized" from being always "on" it. Like if you're on patches for like 3 weeks then try a cigarette vs just a cigarette. Does that make sense?

Shadow's logic follows through for almost all of it though, for average users.