• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Will 1 day of use send me back to the beginning?

At the risk of sounding like an ass cuz I'm afraid this will, I think saying 'once a week in the future' is silly. If you really do it once a week every week your still an addict in a way, plus that would probably end badly. It has to be spontaneous and out of the blue, no schedule to it. Aside from that, it can't possibly be much longer. Take extreme cold medicine or anything else that is for pain and a fever reducer. And take a HOT BATH for everything to do with your skin and muscles. Another huge charmer. That's why I say this is the testing time, your so damn sick and tired of being sick and tired!

aha thank you, for some reason I forgot to take Dayquil, I only took it 2 days I think... I have been alternating between ibuprofen and acetaminophen all wekk and I haven't taken a bath yet but I have been taking several showers a day and it makes me feel very good... I just simply cannot believe that after 9 days I'm not 100%, way longer than my hydro withdrawal

Well, I just know I will use again in the future, hopefully it will be only once in a while like I had been doing for years... I'd do it maybe 2,3 times a year cause I could never get any

Haha I always used to walk around chugging on a bottle of dayquil... and I take the highest recommended dose of BC powders and aleve everyday. It's probably overkill but in my head it helps so whatever. 2-3 times a year sounds pretty damn hard to mess up... sounds good. And yea 9 days and not 100% on such a short and low addiction (no offense just comparing to myself ya know) does seem a bit much... as long as it's getting better though... can't possibly be much longer. At two week if your not 100% there's a freakin problem! lol.

Dude what makes no sense? If you have been addicted, which is proven in your current state... you will have withdraw. Once your brain has been there, it is 10x easier to go back. You will set yourself back days... and you seem to hate these dts so much so why enhance them? Honestly I hate to say this but I have been in your shoes multiple times and it seems like your going to give this another go regardless... so I would say do something different... stay clear of what you know you love, no PST or hydro. For example the time before this one we quit H, we were on one of those days like your having, the dts sucked too much and we had to work and blah blah excuses, so we had the option to get some more H or do some dilaudid, and I chose the D's because it wasn't what we were currently addicted to. It was nothing but an excuses and choosing the lesser of two evils. And I'm saying don't do it... at least for months... but if you absolutely are going to, go for something a little different. It helps with the psychological aspect of things.

Not to nitpick but DTs stands for delirium tremens which happens during severe alcohol withdrawal and has nothing to do with opiates.

Fuck it I think I will buy one bag, enough for only one day and see what happens...

Well just bought the one bag... I fucking hope to God I don't get withdrawals after but whatever, It will be the goodbye I'd been wanting... not going back to dependence.. I'm ashamed of myself but excited

Last edited:
Fuck it I think I will buy one bag, enough for only one day and see what happens...

Well just bought the one bag... I fucking hope to God I don't get withdrawals after but whatever, It will be the goodbye I'd been wanting... not going back to dependence.. I'm ashamed of myself but excited
You should really at least wait a week after you think withdrawals are over. Doing them right away is really just going to make you have withdrawals all over again.

Not to nitpick but DTs stands for delirium tremens which happens during severe alcohol withdrawal and has nothing to do with opiates.
For me it just stands for detoxing. That's what people around here call it "I'm going thru dt's man" etc.

I've been following this thread and much felt familiar. Your authentic cry "I'm ashamed but excited" really resonated... How are you holding up, dude?

I've been following this thread and much felt familiar. Your authentic cry "I'm ashamed but excited" really resonated... How are you holding up, dude?

Well from the second I decided to quit I told myself I would give it one last goodbye and I'm trying my best to see it as just that... I also said I'd be done 100% with withdrawals and while tomorrow that might be true it is not quite, so that's why I'm ashamed.. If I were to withdraw again which I doubt it I'd be forever pissed..

What do you use if you don't mind me asking? Not many people using PST, a lot of skepticism but that shit is the devil, fucking 9 days of withdrawals so far, albeit almost over now, maybe it already is and I got some placebo going on

Your not going to withdrawal again, your just going to set yourself back a few days or so, the real risk you are running is relapsing. And I know you don't see it that way but once you feel what it's like to take that dose, when you get back to feeling like shit your chances are SO much higher of just staying on the stuff. Your prolonging your detox and pain at the very least. I still think at best you should wait till your 100% but I understand how hard that is since it will already be in your possession.

That's not what placebo effect means, that would be like if you took a dose of what you THOUGHT was PST and instantly felt better and felt the hight. Like an IV user injecting water after being told it's some potent shit. But I know what your trying to say and that us possible, your so wrapped up in it your in more pain than you actually are. Plausible. That's why you need to get out and keep your mind busy!

Your not going to withdrawal again, your just going to set yourself back a few days or so, the real risk you are running is relapsing. And I know you don't see it that way but once you feel what it's like to take that dose, when you get back to feeling like shit your chances are SO much higher of just staying on the stuff. Your prolonging your detox and pain at the very least. I still think at best you should wait till your 100% but I understand how hard that is since it will already be in your possession.

That's not what placebo effect means, that would be like if you took a dose of what you THOUGHT was PST and instantly felt better and felt the hight. Like an IV user injecting water after being told it's some potent shit. But I know what your trying to say and that us possible, your so wrapped up in it your in more pain than you actually are. Plausible. That's why you need to get out and keep your mind busy!

Yeah, hopefully I'll be fine.. It's almost over I would say, one time use hopefully won't do anything, if anything I will learn from this.... Since I had it planned from the beginning I don't see it as cheating...

Yeah, I know what placebo really means, I simply meant it as maybe I don't really have any symptoms left but since I'm focusing so hard on them, I'm still thinking I got something while I don't really

Great to hear your journey. I think you will notice an uncomfortable depression after your chip.

Great to hear your journey. I think you will notice an uncomfortable depression after your chip.

We'll see... the smartest thing for me to do would be to just throw away the bag I'm getting tomorrow as I feel completely fine now and other than more bored than usual I'm fine... The past few weeks before quitting I've been depressed thinking of the stupid shit I was doing, and the 4 last times my bag has arrived I've used primarily to stop withdrawals so tomorrow is going to be the first time I use feeling fine again... Hopefully, I'll have an epiphany during my sleep and wake up and throw the shit away, yeah right

Yeah we all have to torture ourselves for awhile. I hope I'm done with it.