• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Wii vs. 360

Mehm said:
^^lol, did you hear that girl say "god damn it" after she missed her put.

What's ya'lls opinion on if later generation wiis will have much better processors and rf sensors? I really want to get one, but not if it won't work with games in 4 years..
I never heard that, but remember the N64? It came with 4 megs of ram and for the low low price of one months allowance, you could double it to 8 with the expantion pack.

Frankly, I'm supprised they didnt do this with the cube to make a little extra money off the thing, but I can pretty much promice that you could just upgrade your wii with some overpriced accessories, but still get away with not buying a new one.

got the hang of fishing in zelda and boxing. man my shoulder were getting tired and i built up a sweat playing that thing! :D

Golf and bowling are both fuckin sweet also.

We broke out the wiiplay last night to give the first few games a go.
the shooting game (modern duck hunt) is great fun, especially two players.
the mii spotting game was annoying. Finding the similar wii's is tricky and finding the odd ones is bloody impossible!
table tennis takes a bit of getting used to but fun none the less.

can't wait to have friends over on sunday.

how're other wii owners fairing?

i'm still loving this mofo. Still addicted to sports, as i've just attained pro status on tennis. Man, this gets hard, but it's still heaps fun.

I just ordered red steel from ebay.

The wii's sold out almost everywhere ive seen.... im gonna wait for more games to come out for the wii b4 I even drop 250$...... Nintendo is notorious for a LACK of games.

I'm loving my Wii so far. Red Steel is a lot of fun. It's pretty cool that if you turn your wrist whilst holding a pistol the guy on screen also does meaning you can shoot people gangster style.

Wii sports is insanely fun to play drunk. So far I've copped one accidental punch to the face playing baseball.

And my advice is not to play the tank game in wii play. So addictive. A friend and I spent about 6 hours playing it on the weekend.

i'm dissappointed in both consoles, i think the original xbox is better (when modded to the extreme).

^^ You think something is better when "modded to the extreme" but both consoles havn't even been out long enough to have a third party mod community built up yet? Kind of dumb but.. ok..

posting from the wii is the new ultra black.
this is pretty cool. predictive typing works well.

I haven't played the PS3 yet, but Wii wasn't that impressive to me. I've only played Wii Sports and Zelda, but the motion sensor controller was a novely that wore off pretty quickly. Just my $.02.

that video was some funny shit.

i really really want a wii, and second i would get a ps3.

after seeing the 360, how it operates, the games, i'm just not very impressed. i guess i'm just to a point where i want something different, new and fun to play. rather than your ol' time games.

the wii is the future of videogames. but it also very well captures the past. one of the best features is the ablility to buy and store any game on any nintendo and sega system and play it on your wii. and all the games are cheap (cheaper depending on how old the game system is)

i love the shit

we should have a poll or somthing

i haven't played them yet, but i imagine flash games on the wii ftw :D

I haven't played the PS3 yet, but Wii wasn't that impressive to me. I've only played Wii Sports and Zelda, but the motion sensor controller was a novely that wore off pretty quickly. Just my $.02.

Did you play it against another person or just by yourself? And.. do you normally play video games? Cause the novelty of the controllers wore off pretty quick for me too and then it's just a much better way to control video games. I actually enjoy playing console games now just because of the controls being so much better.

Also, watching YouTube on the Wii is fun.. I actually use my television now and not just when I put the effort into hooking my computer up to it. Yay internet videos on TV through the Wii!

hmm, I wonder if nintendo could partner with youtube, and make a Wii channel specifically for videos

Did you play it against another person or just by yourself? And.. do you normally play video games? Cause the novelty of the controllers wore off pretty quick for me too and then it's just a much better way to control video games. I actually enjoy playing console games now just because of the controls being so much better.

I did both and don't play video games nearly as much as I used to.

Wii looks like it would be fun for a while but then get old once you realized you had to contort around with a controller every time you want to game. I don't know about anyone else but I like to lay back on the couch with a bong when i'm playing not be flailing my body around all crazy with a wii. Therefor my vote goes to the 360. 360 has a lot of fun games and connecting to multiplayer is a snap.

you don't need to gesture wildly... most of the time a little flick of the wrist is good enough. i just got tony hawk downhill jam and it is fun as hell.

I got a wii for xmas, and within an hour I swung my wrist back in bowling and smashed the wiimote into the wall and broke it :(

I'm not joking

^ dude
today the wiimote slipped from my grip for the first time, and it was during bowling, yet the strap caught it with ease.

We've hit walls, people and other wiimotes with our wiimotes and one has a nice indentation on it, yet they both still work fine. Strong fuckers.

How hard were you swinging it?