Why??

Hwngrl

Greenlighter
I found out a few weeks ago that my fiancé is using crack (and to me, is an addict in denial). He has pawned stuff to get it... uses daily and lost both his jobs. I've been clean almost 20 years. I don't write this for advice, but if anyone who reads this can relate, maybe it will help them. Here we go...

* Found out partner was smoking crack cocaine.

* He started acting differently and coming home several hours late from work when he has always been someone that was on time to everything.

* He has changed so much and I’m scared of what he might do.

* I’ve tried to talk to him about this with no success. The only positive here is that I don’t crave it or want it while he is in the bed next to me blazing. He won’t talk to me. He just says he’s ok and not to worry,

While he’s smoking he is really good and respectful , but when he’s out he turns into a monster. If I try to give him an ultimatum as you all know, the stem will always win. So I don’t. Now it’s come to me having to supply his habit or deal with the monster.

Thanks for reading,

I would try look for a women refuge support group if he turns violent and go from there with them to try escape as i see it he will just become more of a monster and a slave to the crack and if he starts becoming violent or abusive its best to just wait til one day he is at work pack up everything and if you have a womens support group for escaping relationships go through them.

@Hwngrl - welcome to Bluelight <3

I'm gunna shoot this over to The Dark Side, where BLers give phenomenal support. I mean, most of us do, but you'll get more replies there.

Your fiance is bringing you down. He needs help. But so do you.

Take care,
Peace

I'm sorry to ask this...but are you sure you're not high?

I will never understand women who write on boards the same crap. "oh he was so wonderful, etc., then he changed, what am I going to do?'

Unless you have kids with this guy, and even if you do, have some self-respect and if there are kids, don't let your kids see this. This is ridiculous. Your two options suck and are not your only options. You are flirting with your sobriety.

Run as fast as you can. I am going to be praying for you, if you believe in that -- and sending you positive thoughts, if you do not.

Be brave.....Courage!!