• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Why would you fear death?

lol. the popo have never missed drugs on me. trust me. there's always warrants out for my arrest, hence I keep getting searched, I wish they would just get a dog to sniff me.

true live cops always use me to deflect their own actions, most of the time anyhow. it must be that grossly unimpressed look i feign when in a room full of drug taking strangers. I've finally released myself from this pattern of events. not to say it wasn't funny. but the joke was only funny to he whose inception it was, I believe.

that said, I'm most afraid of not ruminating with god on my death bed, I wouldn't wanna send him up when my time is up because I find interaction from the spirit world and the divine to be a necessity, I like these things in their own right. Also if I'm not well, I don't want to be suffering to death either. I like life. plain and simple. Life has more to it. I don't think partners exist in the afterlife, for example. it'd be a case of haunting my sister, which I don't wanna have to do for a good, long time. bah, humbug. oh well. when the clock is up the time is nigh.

Last edited:
Death does not exist. Your physical body may be gone but your spirit,, your soul goes on to your next life in the universe it's cycle to evolve intelligence, life by life. A pesimistic view will not change the way things are. You, as a living being will never cease to exist. Only evolve further untill you have reached a higher understanding. There is a reason why we, in our minds only talk with questions and answers. The meaning of life is to find the right answers to the right questions. There is no hell. And if you think about, don't you enjoy life more now since you were a little kid? Hypnosis erases the memory of a past life so it's hard for people to believe in reincarnation.

The physical body - the meat, if you will - wants to survive. It is linear and temporal. On some level it knows that once it dies, that's it. It's the true death as far as the body goes. The mind is part of the body, so the ego that is projected of mind will also want to live. It sees itself as a something that exists and should continue to exist. This is all very normal... otherwise how would the meat be able to function in a hostile material world; how would evolution be possible if organisms didn't have this?

I have also seen, vaguely, that in the near death state, when the body is almost totally spent and there is not enough energy to project a strong ego/identity complex, the ego collapses into the void from which it came. There seems to be something a lot more subtle - call it a soul, if you will - that knows what's going on and will direct the activities of death if necessary. This also includes the sudden will to live and regenerate. I don't know how to verbally describe the differentiation of this consciousness from the mind-body projections because the mind-body is required to describe it to the reader. This non-thing that I am calling a soul is non-dual and can shed the mind-body, or persist with it. I don't feel this soul-level thing is truly identified with the mind-body, but it is integrated and necessary. All activities and "experiences" of the mind-body can be traced back to it, yet it is not attached to these activities. It is essentially a loving, perfect observer that is unaffected in the way that we would imagine what it would be like to be affected by an experience.

The very small sneak preview I've had is that the mind-body really struggles in death. Death can be a painful, confusing, traumatic experience, just as birth can be. Particularly, the body hangs on. The mind can really give up and lose all hope but the physical processes of the body really cling to life. But it seems like once the experience level of the mind-body is shed, the veil of silence is lifted and something else is revealed. I don't think that "you" as you conceive of yourself to be survives death to experience this revelation, but something else, something more primary, is what has the revelation.

It's sort of like how you can fear jumping into a cold lake because it's freezing but once you get over the initial shock, you are not only refreshed but you also have a deep remembering of how lovely it is to swim and all the times you went swimming before that you enjoyed. We all fear death because on some level we remember that death is not a cake walk, but like all experiences it eventually ends.

I've been reading and watching everything I can on the simulation hypothesis recently and I find it fascinating. If true, then death here is as irrelevant as dieing in Call Of Duty is...

Even if not true, I don't fear death.. I've faced it before numerous times while serving overseas and I've accepted and come to terms with it.. I don't think this life is the end, but if it is then you won't know anyway so who cares?

Live life while you're here... Try to be nice to others and for fuck sake, just enjoy the ride.

Peace.

I've been reading and watching everything I can on the simulation hypothesis recently and I find it fascinating. If true, then death here is as irrelevant as dieing in Call Of Duty is...

Even if not true, I don't fear death.. I've faced it before numerous times while serving overseas and I've accepted and come to terms with it.. I don't think this life is the end, but if it is then you won't know anyway so who cares?

Live life while you're here... Try to be nice to others and for fuck sake, just enjoy the ride.

Peace.
Hooyah to that.

Yeah, it is fascinating. But the again, re “then death is irrelevant“, I suppose that only applies if you believe in some deity or an afterlife or some underlying sense or purposw that you are fulfilling. Otherwise, being “deleted“ out of some game/simulation you've been unknowningly a part of would be absolutely the same experience, or better non-experience, as loosing your mental faculties in the process of dying. Nothing thereafter either way and no way to reflect on it.

maybe there is every reason to fear death. I would hate to think of the burden it would place on my family etc. that said, I do fear death in the long haul. not sure if the afterlife can be banked on because it's synonymous with other occurences.

It is so easy to let go of it. This world goes around just fine without you. Why would you be scared of death? Your relatives? You're not there to see their pain, it doesn't matter. Life is just a cycle of shit. I meet a girl, i fuck, i cheat, relationship brokes up and i find a new girl. I get addicted, i rehab, then i get addicted again. What the fuck? There is no point in life, so i would suggest just laughing at the insanity of the world. Don't get depressed about the state of politics, climate change debates, brokeups, anything. Just laugh. It will all repeat itself.
I am existential nihilist and pessimist. I used to be hedonistic nihilist, what in my mind means that you try to get euphoria/good feeling without caring about consequenses.
Holy shit, i haven't changed a bit in a year. This shit is so true.

i do not fear death and often wish for my time to come sooner than later. Death is the ultimate grace of life the final end to suffering death is the most beautiful thing that can touch the soul because now you know the person will no longer have to suffer on this earthly plane of existence.

I switch between nihilism and still trying to find and figure out my lifes purpose which the only thing i keep getting showed is that i would only be fulfilled if i was a LSD chemist and i doubt that is going to happen so i got to put up with my mudane existence watching life go by.

The one thing i fear is waking up on a infinite loop to relive life over and over likes it groundhog day. One time is enough to look back on my mistakes. If we are reborn into new bodies i hope its at least a 100 years from now and we have colonized mars cause that would be kind of cool.

Life is the loop of the same fucking problems and death is the ultimate escape of never returning to this shit that in the end i created for myself. I want to rest forever in the white light nirvana i seen enough life for now.

I don't fear death, itself. I've been legally dead more times than I can remember, medically - no exaggeration. The last time, I had what people would call a near death experience (my brain interpreting misfired impulses and no oxygen), that resulted from my last heroin/crack overdose and finally led me to get clean. What I learned during that, without going into details about what hell my brain interpreted during those hours, is I don't fear death, I fear not being able to enjoy being alive anymore. I fear not being able to wake up and be conscious and no longer able to enjoy the sensations and joys of life, no matter how small. I fear losing the ability to be. I watch my body slowly die as the months go on, and I'm sad to know that time is coming sooner rather than later for me. It's sad that I didn't realize during my darkest days what amazing gift I always had: life.

There's got to be something else deep within'. If we haven't died from all the fucked up shit we've done is for a reason. I don't fear death either, been to close far too many times. I just wanna know my mission here that's all.

I don't fear death, I fear not being able to enjoy being alive anymore. I fear not being able to wake up and be conscious and no longer able to enjoy the sensations and joys of life, no matter how small. I fear losing the ability to be.

man, I was about to post this same sentiment but thanks for saying it more eloquently than I could have.

as you said I don't fear death, and i wouldn't fear the absence of all the terrible aspects of my life. But I do not look forward to not being able to watch the birds, or feel the breeze , or taste food. Or have any experience at all.

i think the thing that makes it scary is that its so hard to wrap your mind around. I get that one day you will wake up and that'll be the last time. I picture myself dying but it always takes me a second to realize that being dead is not just being buried in the ground it's the complete loss of consciousness, forever.

id like to be able to check in maybe once every ten years or so. Just peek through the window.
i don't believe in any of that though, unfortunately.
it makes me understand the power of religion though and an afterlife. You get to keep being you, you have new things to experience, loved ones to see.

I don't fear death I have a fear of dying before my kids are adults. Would like to see my kids get set in life and after that enjoy a couple of years with my wife then i be happy

Because there's nothing after? I dunno, I think for me -- I don't fear death because I did what I loved and even if I have some things lefts I can swear on my heart that I've read the book.