• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Why won't Adderall work for more than an hour or two for me

another1keys

Greenlighter
I was prescribed Adderall IR 20mg last month. I have the pink 135 COR kind.

The first time I took it, I thought it wasn't working. I have no experience with drugs, not even marijuana, what I felt it kick in after an hour of feeling nothing, it felt good. My face felt tingly and weird, and I just got up from the couch and felt good. It wasn't out of this world tho, as I've heard others say it is for them.

Anyway, I felt like it only lasted about 2 hours, maybe 3. I didn't feel the high energy or having lots of energy and not being tired feeling anymore.

I'm not taking them every day btw. I still have more than 20 pills left, but I'm going back to the doctor next month.

Anyway, I took 1 yesterday. Felt tired, tired, then I went to my bed to just chill on my phone and see if it would work. I eventually didn't feel tired anymore after an hour. I felt great, not the "euphoria" like the first time tho. This was the first time I took it on an empty stomach too. The other times I took it, I didn't. I was just more talkative, but after an hour, I started yawning and yawning.

Same thing happened yesterday. I was awake and not tired anymore. I could focus. I didn't feel like I could, I just DID focus, and it wasn't after I thought of it and realized I actually focused this time and I felt good, cause I knew it worked. I felt good about it cause I've taken pills before, for anxiety and depression, and they didn't make me feel different. Don't take them anymore tho.

Anyway, after an hour, I start yawning. AN HOUR. And I don't even abuse it, how can it just last an hour?

After an hour more(about 12:30PM), I just went to bed cause I was tired. Intended on sleeping an hour, but woke up at 9PM.

Could it have been my sleeping? I stayed up all night cause I woke up in the afternoon the day prior. But this also happened before.

I forgot if I was yawning or not the first time I took it.

I wish I could take it right now and be set for like 3 hours, but it'll most likely be the same. Not feel for an hour, feel very awake and focused for an hour, then yawn yawn and yawn.

Could it be my weight and height? What is it?

I really feel like Adderall works very good in that hour it does work. I'm awake, I can focus...

I'm gonna gonna try and stay up all day today so I can be tired at night and take it tomorrow.

20mg IR is a fairly high starting dose, and your weight shouldn't be too much of a factor unless it's excessively outside the normal range. What's your diagnosis, and what else are you currently prescribed or have been in the past?

I feel like 20 mgs is a pretty low dose but an average starting dose. Maybe my doctors have just always been liberal with the meds or its that my normal dose is 60 and they start me at 20 and work up to 60 any time I go off and back on.
My prescription is written for 3 seperate 20mgs a day so when I feel one wear off I can take the next but I usually only take 2 a day so 40 mgs.

I've been diagnosed with anxiety, depression, a mood disorder, and not OCD but I'm 99% sure I have it since my symptoms are very much like people who have OCD have described theirs as. Although the anxiety is mostly when I worry now, and make it snigger deal than it really it(it's been getting better tho, without meds). The depression was twice, first one being full blown depression that I actually felt something in my chest(unpleasant emotion). They were episodes(not caused by events).

Anyway, I've been prescribed Zoloft, Buspar, and Vistaril in the past. Currently on Adderall, Buropion, and levothyroxine. Although as with all my past meds, I am very irresponsible and don't take them as prescribed. I skip days. Although I was given these all last month, along with my Adderall. All the types I've taken Adderall tho, I've haven't taken the other ones.

I took Adderall for many years when younger, of course your tolerance is going to be upped depending on frequency of use, metabolism, what you've had to eat that day, etc. Even if you don't abuse it, you can still develop a tolerance over time.

So you have anxiety, a mood disorder and OCD and your doctor prescribed you a high dose of adderall? If that isn't a disaster waiting to happen idk what is. Adderall makes all of those problems worse in the long run.

Do not use adderall to feel good. You will end up worse than before you started.

What your experiencing is called amphetamine tolerance and it happens to pretty much everyone to an extent, even with supplements. The pro social and mood lifting effects of adderall go away after a few weeks and don't come back. Around this point is when people get addicted as they feel like they need it to feel normal.