• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Why redosing codeine doesn't work?

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Girls & Boys

I wonder, why redosing codeine never or almost never works? Being that, like tramadol, it's a pro-drug and everyone recommend tramadol is better when it's dosed in small amounts every X time until reaching X dose.

Why doesn't this work with codeine? Or is it more, why redosing almost all opioids is a waste of pills or drugs? Euphoria-wise at least.

i was thinking why many times
>>https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/codeine-and-liver-cirrhosis.893823/#post-14995633

but finally found the answer
codeine itself is a cyp2d6 inhibitor. This means that taking the whole dose as quickly as possible will probably give you the biggest high (ie. its a waste to redose in 30 mins).
so yeah taking it in one shot is a lot better, or she will prevent it self from getting converted lol :LOL:

^^Okay. I kinda get lt. I would imagine tramadol is the opposite and is not a cyp2d6 inhibitor right? because almost everyone recommends you to take it in split doses until you reach your desired dose. Is it the only opioid that works best when re-dosed?

the strongest codeine highs I've ever had is when I took multiple staggered doses vs single big dose

it's a weird drug which is completely subjective and based on everyone's own unique body

what I never understood is codeine is psychoactive when it becomes morphine, yet a codeine and morphine high are VERY different.... why?

the strongest codeine highs I've ever had is when I took multiple staggered doses vs single big dose2

Well thats the first time I heard something like that.
I suppose, like you said, each organism is different.

what I never understood is codeine is psychoactive when it becomes morphine, yet a codeine and morphine high are VERY different.... why?

I think that's because morphine only represents a small fraction of the total metabolized codeine (5-10% ). Much of its effects are caused by its other metabolite: codeine-6 glucuronide (C6G).
I have never taken morphine, so I would like to know what differences do you noticed between codeine and morphine? besides potency.