• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Why is this chemist pretending not to have codeine linctus when I phone up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelicka

Ex-Bluelighter
Hi guys just so you know I'm not trying to source of score drugs I have a bad cough and simply want to know the best course of action, so I was in the pharmacy the other day having a discreet look around and I saw a bottle of the codeine care linctus sugar free so I thought awesome they started selling codeine again but I rang up, spoke and said I had a bad cough so you have any codeine linctus and he said no so I said ok and put the phone down. Now I'm thinking of going in today and pretending to just spot it on the shelf and say like "oh what's that can I buy it?" do they have to sell it to me if I call it out? By the way I would go to my doctor but you he Saturday.

Pharmacists are well aware of why people want codeine linctus, so unless you're old and/or have a valid reason for wanting it they are unlikely to sell it to you - especially if you just say "oh what's that, can I buy it?"

You'll have to do your own research as to whether you have a valid reason, we can't advise you on ways to cheat pharmacists or doctors.

Hey fubar like I said I have and still have a cough i went in today but wasn't confident enough to ask for the linctus so I just got some cocodomal I just done a cwe with coffee filter and I think I done it right the only thing is after having a few sips of the after codeine water I feel sick like a poorly stomach is this normal? It feels a bit better sitting down but not much I've never tried liquid codeine so maybe it's kicking in faster than im used to

Just saying you've got a cough might not be sufficient. It's up the pharmacist's discretion what they sell you and if they have the slightest suspicion that you may abuse the medication they will refuse.

As for the CWE, I sometimes get some stomach ache as well, but I don't know why tbh.

Codeine is still available OTC here but not maybe where you are...?

I popped in earlier and the pharmacist wasn't their so I 'wooed' the pharmacists assistant got her to show me the bottle and it was.the sugar one so i just got some red 12.8/500 cocodomal tablets i also brought some promethazine as it's hard to buy and apparently it gets abused as much as lean.

Angelicka, if you don't mind I'm going to move this thread over to EADD. There are many more UK users over there that might answer your questions.

A lot of pharmacies, including every single chain, will lie and tell you it's prescription only at this point.

Even when I sent my 60 year old dad into some pharmacies they told him the same thing so they don't even care if you're old.

The only pharmacies that still stock codeine linctus these days are dodgy ones who know what you want it for but just don't care. I found one nearby that just sells me a bottle or two every week no questions asked. But if they don't know you they'll give you the Spanish Inquisition in case you're an undercover journalist or something - pharmacists are very worried about that right now because of shit like this.

I just use one of those online pharmacies to get a prescription for 100x dihydrocodeine 30mg. DHC is a far superior opiate anyway.

And on that note I do believe everything that can be said within the BLUA has been said so time to draw a close to this thread. Hope your cough improves soon <3

Status
Not open for further replies.