• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants why is there no meth in jersey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsnowygrainius

Bluelighter
i mean I'm sure theres little bits of it in the southern, more rural parts of the state but nothing like it is out in the west and the south basically the rest of the country. jersey takes pride in its heroin being its so fucking strong and good but I'm just curious as to why meth is not prevalent here in the garden state. like I have been to 4 rehabs, all in jersey, and I have not encountered 1 meth addict, only those recovering from heroin/ alcohol.

so why is meth not big here like heroin is? is it b/c jersey is so populated so many people crammed in small spaces that it'd be sketchy to manufacture meth? just wondering…...

You dot want the shit! I managed to do it recreationally for around 7 years even still IV'ing it then all of a sudden I used 2 days in a row and that went from staying up all weekend and staying clean through the week, to sleeping and eating daily but also having multiple shots a day(and that how you really make your tolerance stupid. I never thought meth tolerance was much of an issue but im finding out the hard way that eventually you just don't feel it, it just stops you from feeling crazy and dangerous.

I hope to god the shot and pipes I had in the last few hours will be the last bit I ever have, ive tried to quit a few times this week but someone either comes to share or I have a terrible day/experience like I did today and I end up just not ever having enough. Time for some clonazepam and pot soon methinks.

Meth is a terribly destructive drug even when its pure. I know im preaching but its something im going through right now so its very close to my heart.

You dot want the shit! I managed to do it recreationally for around 7 years even still IV'ing it then all of a sudden I used 2 days in a row and that went from staying up all weekend and staying clean through the week, to sleeping and eating daily but also having multiple shots a day(and that how you really make your tolerance stupid. I never thought meth tolerance was much of an issue but im finding out the hard way that eventually you just don't feel it, it just stops you from feeling crazy and dangerous.

I hope to god the shot and pipes I had in the last few hours will be the last bit I ever have, ive tried to quit a few times this week but someone either comes to share or I have a terrible day/experience like I did today and I end up just not ever having enough. Time for some clonazepam and pot soon methinks.

Meth is a terribly destructive drug even when its pure. I know im preaching but its something im going through right now so its very close to my heart.

I always believed that the crack dealers and heroin dealers in New Jersey and New York wouldn't allow meth dealers the chance to set up shop. I mean, there's definitely meth in NY and NJ, but that's my theory.

Meth dealers who partake would truly give any heroin or Crack dealer a run for their money.. They'd probably be scared off because they get too fucking crazy... A lot

I've lived a few different places in the Northeast United States over the past few years and I have seen Methamphetamine a total of 2 times. Bear in mind that I have been heavily involved in the drug scene in each of the places that I have lived. Different dealers, different circles, different friends and I've never seen meth more than the two times. Plenty of crack/cocaine, heroin/opioids, amphetamine pills of all shapes and sizes, MDMA, etc.

To give you an example, I spent a little while living in Lowell, MA while I was finishing up my undergraduate degree at UMass and was using drugs and ethanol heavily the whole time. Lowell, compared to the surrounding area, is often considered to be a pretty "rough" town. Adderall (mixed salts) was the amphetamine of choice. Dealers and fiends both had it, used it and sold it. They would sell a 20mg Adderall for up to XXX dollars (ludacris price). Now if there were Methamphetamine available at all, I feel that people wouldn't constantly be hunting and using Adderall, due to the incredible difference in price. Also, keep in mind, I'm not talking about students at the university, I'm talking about straight-up street walkers, junkies or whatever you want to call them; people with drug connections. Heroin and cocaine could be scored with ease, but no methamphetamine, although I heard it mentioned a couple of times, just in passing, so there must be some small shred of it. Who knows...

Meth was popular in NJ in the 60s, and for sure in the 70s and 80s, and probably during the 90s and during the early/mid 00s too. It's probably still around but coke/crack, heroin/opiates, and PCP are far more popular, and even Dexedrine/Adderall are more popular now. It was/is also like this in PA.

If you do a google search you will read about people getting arrested for meth in NJ so it is there.

Since you have issues with drug addiction don't get started with meth, as it's highly addictive.

Meth was popular in NJ in the 60s, and for sure in the 70s and 80s, and probably during the 90s and during the early/mid 00s too. It's probably still around but coke/crack, heroin/opiates, and PCP are far more popular, and even Dexedrine/Adderall are more popular now. It was/is also like this in PA.

If you do a google search you will read about people getting arrested for meth in NJ so it is there.

Since you have issues with drug addiction don't get started with meth, as it's highly addictive.

Yes, I can't speak personally about Methamphetamine addiction, but it seems to be every bit as addictive as opioids (which are highly fucking addictive) but far more destructive in a physical and social sense. Do you want to do rehab for a fourth time or do your want to try to manage your drug use in a little more responsible way?

The vast majority of methamphetamine now comes across the western border with Mexico, west of the Rio Grande. It's primarily manufactured in western/SW Mexico, not Jaurez. There aren't many transit points east of the Mississippi, so think of it like bth vs. #4. A matter of smuggling routes, profit and risk. I spent a full year in western NY looking for meth, not a shard to be had, rural, city - zilch. That was 04- 05. Nobody even tried to fool and rip me off for MSM or something else insert, surprisingly b/c I was offering serious cash for good crystal, not even crank there. Maybe the bikers have it... sorry if that's an insult or stereotype to any bikers here. I do not intend any disrespect (I fear them much more than LE)

Just my take...

meth is everywhere, sorry this type of question isn't allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.