Site Feedback Why is "other drugs" so all encompassing of disparate drugs?

Where's my Negronis and Belmonts subforum? ;)

Nah, I reckon the place evolves well and as needed and has done so for decades now.

To me, my personal opinion is that it makes no sense to me that we have no opiate forum, or even a forum for say, downers (so say opiates benzos and alcohol)

But we have a steroid forum? It just seems quite random. How can steroids be more necessary than opioids?

If it were up to me I'd probably just split other drugs into uppers and downers, and let BDD handle the rest of the drugs that fit nowhere else.

Don't get me wrong I don't want dozens of forums for every specific thing (like some other forums that shall remain nameless ;)) It just feels like the current selection doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

That said I don't have access to the data the admins do.
Tbf with SIED, that’s a very niche area of expertise that your average recreational drug user does not have. So it makes sense IMO to offer that space for experts to weigh in.

But ofc that same line of thinking easily applies to the creation of an opioid forum as well

That’s true. I would be happy monitoring other forums for general issues related to community standards (just like a hall monitor) but stims is the only thing I’m comfortable moderating harm advice in. Plus I hate opiates.
Ditto we would make a hell of a team were crystalline in our knowledge and execution of our methods.👌

Could work seeing you are only insane on the days I’ve got it together and vice versa.
Haha yeah it works out. Even i insane I still know whats worth an infraction despite my cerebral infarction too!!😎

I thought steriods were high potency vitamins taken in excess. and opioids are just a natural drug, or at least more on an organic side as far as being grown from plants but having to be processed for consumption.
steroids just seem like over indulging of too much of a good thing.
opioids seem more to be for critical ailments, and target intense pain specifically.

I guess it will be all the gory details that can make the difference though. And hope all good discussions can evolve as progress towards results.

Steroids tend to more be hormonal in function, not just hella vitamins lol

I’m by no means an expert but I’ve hung out over in that forum to know a bit haha

The forum should all be re organized.

Benzos
Nootropics
Alcohol
Opiates
Disassociatives
Stims
etc

Should all have their own forum

"basic drug use" is redundant as well.

Bluelight is like a social forum with drugs #2 in its current state. Maybe how they want it?
Or maybe:

1. How to stay safe on drugs
2. How much fun we have on drugs
3. How to quit drugs
4. American conspiracy theories
5. General bigotry and ignorance
6. Some fun word games to play when you are high or lonely.

We could easily file just about everything I’ve read in the last few months in just those 6 categories. Should give every member a home to feel special in.

Or maybe:

1. How to stay safe on drugs
2. How much fun we have on drugs
3. How to quit drugs
4. American conspiracy theories
5. General bigotry and ignorance
6. Some fun word games to play when you are high or lonely.

We could easily file just about everything I’ve read in the last few months in just those 6 categories. Should give every member a home to feel special in.
Um. Selfies and videos of the 20-30ish idions smoking crack in front of a whiteboard with their address and full legal name written?

7. ween from drugs
8. tolarance break
9. the best of (please no more)
10. the best days on earth
11. the sober planet
12. the genius factor
13. the psychedelic species.
14. i need yyour love

7. ween from drugs
8. tolarance break
9. the best of (please no more)
10. the best days on earth
11. the sober planet
12. the genius factor
13. the psychedelic species.
14. i need yyour love
Totally agree to all these too. Youd be amazed how many heavy druggies on here are secret geniuses #12

Been dying to respond here but like an idiot I fucked up my laptop keyboard (overzealous cleaning with fucking hand sanitizer and after all these years should have know better) (still not sorted i.e. have to strip the fucking thing sometime today).

Anyway. Been monitoring this thread and have some input.

It's taken me some time, since I started here, to get the gist of these forums. At first (and given my reason for becoming and active poster) I thought they were a God send when it came to matters of extractions and the like. But I'll admit I got a bit confused, and still am, when it comes to harm reduction insofar as the forums are concerned. I mean to say: define harm reduction?

I've read so many threads where a forum member is looking to potentiate the effects of a substance (various). Does responding to those types of threads constitute harm reduction or encouragement and promotion? Fine example: there's loads I DO NOT post here (believe it or not) because I don't know where that line in the sand is. For better or for worse: I'm sitting with papers (not some untried and untested backyard mechanic type shit) that range anywhere from potentiating the effects of Cocaine (none of which have been mentioned but have been scientifically tested) to purification techniques to extraction techniques to syntheses of a few substances that would make your eyes water. The collection of this data for a number of reasons (not least of which my interest in all of this shit of course and not to mention I've for sure had the fucking time on my hands this year thanks to this fucking virus). But as I say: where do you draw the line?

The above came home to me last night actually while I was reading through some thread, going back years, where the idea was to post pics. of those that had passed due to OD's etc. Very few pics. were posted but there's more than a few very detailed posts where names and exact cause of death are detailed. And in just going through that thread: there's LOADS of OD's that were attributed to bad shit and/or dangerous cuts and adulterants (not that many from simply using, on its own, the deceased's DOC on its own and assuming a certain level of purity). So where's the line i.e. detailing a synthesis, for example, that would result in a pure product for use (given that the user is going to score ANYWAY and who knows from which source and what quality and what it's going to contain)? Is THAT harm reduction or not? Not to mention the number of members that, as far as I can tell, are getting ripped blind financially for something that could potentially kill them.

Not sure about any of the above i.e. been a constant internal deliberation.

Anyway. I guess my point is that in spite of my joking around here sometimes I wasn't joking on one point on this particular thread (something along the lines of which @Alex_1991 alluded to in point 12. As for the legalities: I know not (although that said this is public information i.e. believe it or not and if you're committed enough and spend the time then you'd be surprised at just how much scientific information, on nefarious topics, is out there and hidden under piles and piles of arbitrary shit).

Anyway. I'd be keen to see some input here on this. Because as per @Alex_1991's other post of yesterday (well done to you by the way) it's time also for me to stop fucking around and wasting time on topics that really don't have any bearing on my life or well being (not to mention joking around and sometimes, and in so doing, possibly causing more harm than good albeit unintentionally and without malice). Could well end up in me having to start something myself i.e. no way I'm letting all of this shit go to waste.

Tl:DR. I feel there is something in what you have written that I want to constructively respond to but I can’t quite synthesise your key point out of that many words. Could you break it down into a couple of bullet points?

Sorry, I’m not operating at optimal levels today.