• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Why is kava so underrated?

burn out

Bluelighter
Theres always like a milllion benzo threads but kava is hardly mentioned. Its way better than benzos though and it doesn't cause the insane withdrawal, i mean have you ever heard of someone water tirtrating kava? I quit with no taper from daily use with no withdrawals. I just recently started drinking again and I had totally forgotten how awesome it is. I actually think I am going to quit smoking weed and start drinking kava instead. it provides both mental and physical relaxation but leaves with you a clear mind. Its also quite spiritual and promotes a sense of peace and brotherly love similar to alcohol but without the obnoxious or aggresive aspect. When the pacific islanders drink kava they get in touch with the spirits of their ancestors. I haven't experienced that yet, but I am still exploring this amazing plant.

Its also a good painkiller. In terms of after work drugs that dont cause a devastating addiction, it ranks right up there with cannabis and kratom. Id even say it ranks above kratom because kratom can have a nasty wd and its not as spiritual in my opinion.

i can see that but neither are benzos and there is always a million threads on those, you seriously think benzos are that good on their own? they just make you dull and knocked out for the most part.

Dont assume everyone shares your experience with benzos or kava. Everyones different bud.

Benzos are simply more popular which = more threads.

I think that a lot of people don't find kava useful because either the stuff they get sucks or they try to abuse it and expect to get high. It is possible but unlikely. Also, it's known to be hepatotoxic so it's not good to take too much.

A few years ago I used it quite a bit because during that time my anxiety was pretty debilitating and doctors wouldn't help me. It's not a benzo but definitely better than nothing.

Been having some anxiety recently and bought some Kava, will be trying it soon.

Any recommendations?

Do you have capsules? It works better if you break em open and make tea. It tastes like ass though.

Indeed... I have never had ANY psychoactive effect from kava in any way shape or form. And the same holds true for many others as well, there is a select crowd that seems to get pleasantly buzzed from it, but it is not the majority. That is why it is "underrated" in fact I would say given my experience with it, it is totally over rated because I get ZERO effect from it. I feel the alcohol before I feel the kava... whatever it is supposed to feel like that is.

what kinds have you guys tried? If if its pill or extracts of course it doesnt work, you need to use the traditional method. Go to the kava forum, they have a list of suppliers and reviews on there. Kava is powerful stuff, you can definitely get high on it.

Listen, on the pacific islands people drink it all the time and get wasted on it.

Do you have capsules? It works better if you break em open and make tea. It tastes like ass though.

Got it in powdered form. So was thinking along the lines of brewing it but I have a machine for putting my kratom in capsules so if it was very bad tasting I could always take it that way.

imo kava is overrated. Made my mouth numb and thats about it. maybe i expected too much. oh well.

imo kava is overrated. Made my mouth numb and thats about it. maybe i expected too much. oh well.

You didn't expect too much, I'm trying to tell you guys kava can be very powerful. It is literally one of my favorite drugs and I have tried just about everything from crack to betel nut. Its common for people not to feel anything their first time, I didn't feel anything except a numb mouth also my first time. But now after a few shells, I get hammered but in a much better way than alcohol.

You people have to understand how to work with plants and herbs. It takes some experimentation. But once you develop a relationship with the plant, it can be truly sublime. Check out some kava music while you're drinking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYAhk0Kc1UU

Lol nice. Yeah you can make it into tea, I did it with capsules and it helped it work better. The powdered kava you have will definitely be better than what I used. Didn't get high but that wasn't my intention anyway. If I want to get high I'll do drugs.

Have you tried valerian root? It smells like DEATH but it's really good for sleep and anxiety.

You didn't expect too much, I'm trying to tell you guys kava can be very powerful. It is literally one of my favorite drugs and I have tried just about everything from crack to betel nut. Its common for people not to feel anything their first time, I didn't feel anything except a numb mouth also my first time. But now after a few shells, I get hammered but in a much better way than alcohol.

You people have to understand how to work with plants and herbs. It takes some experimentation. But once you develop a relationship with the plant, it can be truly sublime. Check out some kava music while you're drinking

#1 i have no idea where to get it ( not asking for sources ) besides a vitamin store or some shitty sketchy online retailer.
#2 i dont like benzos or alcohol so im also assuming i wouldnt really like kava.

Don't know if I'd chill to that music!

Can it be effective if just the fine root powder was 'tossed and washed', or does it need to be brewed?

Get the paste, it should prove to be a whole new experience for people just used to the whole plant. It's pretty effective as a mild sedative and anxiolytic. Can cause liver issues though so not for use with booze or other hepatotoxins.

Can you recommend a dosage of kavalactone? I went out and bought some kava extract and dosed about 300mg of the kavalactone. I barely feel anything- a bit of a headache- but what I DO feel feels EXACTLY like Gotu Kola- another herb that is taken for granted and never talked about on these boards.

Gotu Kola is the shit!

I ordered 1lb bags straight from Hawaii for awhile. First the whole roots which I would grind in my coffee grinder until I went through a couple grinders,lol. Next was pre-ground kava, and I guess I lost interest because the calm effect is subtle and overall it seemed not as good as when I had it in Hawaii.

Don't know if I'd chill to that music!

Can it be effective if just the fine root powder was 'tossed and washed', or does it need to be brewed?

It can be effective toss n wash but thats gross and much more likely to cause stomach upset.

Now I can say i have used a mixture of kava and valerian that really helped potentiate some opiates So that was useful. Just on its own not a fan.