• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Why is heroin more addicting than oxycodone?

To be fair, heroin like that is really hard to find. I emphasize pure heroin a lot on here for a reason. I had actually tried street dope quite a bit before that first experience but it was on par with oxy in feel for the most part, maybe a bit more sedating. That pure was on another level.

I had access to it for a few years through some less than savory gentleman. They wouldn’t pick up for less than 100$ worth and usually they wanted you to drop 300-500 in one go. I remember one time trying to ask for a 50 and he brought me an insultingly small amount to kinda show me “don’t waste my time.” It was always the same purity, these off white/beige rocks that would sometimes be really large like they came right off a brick.

If it helps, I don’t even try looking for shit of that caliber anymore. Fentanyl rules and Oxycodone is probably the better option these days.

Also I look more fondly on my days snorting oxy cuz it was just a more “fun” time. Too many 5’s, 20’s, 40’s and 80’s to count but it was more social. Heroin straight took over my life. I told myself I was gonna quit every day for years. So yea be glad you haven’t fucked with it, not worth it.

-GC

To be fair, heroin like that is really hard to find. I emphasize pure heroin a lot on here for a reason. I had actually tried street dope quite a bit before that first experience but it was on par with oxy in feel for the most part, maybe a bit more sedating. That pure was on another level.

I had access to it for a few years through some less than savory gentleman. They wouldn’t pick up for less than 100$ worth and usually they wanted you to drop 300-500 in one go. I remember one time trying to ask for a 50 and he brought me an insultingly small amount to kinda show me “don’t waste my time.” It was always the same purity, these off white/beige rocks that would sometimes be really large like they came right off a brick.

If it helps, I don’t even try looking for shit of that caliber anymore. Fentanyl rules and Oxycodone is probably the better option these days.

Also I look more fondly on my days snorting oxy cuz it was just a more “fun” time. Too many 5’s, 20’s, 40’s and 80’s to count but it was more social. Heroin straight took over my life. I told myself I was gonna quit every day for years. So yea be glad you haven’t fucked with it, not worth it.

-GC

I had a very similar experience. Oxy was always a good time and the price acted as a sort of limitation. When I got into high quality dope it went downhill within weeks.

Love the Rush and Ritual of IV Heroin use.

That and it's more sweating nature than Oxycodone, but different strokes for different folks. I take Oxy more frequently these days as it's so risky to buy Heroin these days. Seems like it's just a role of the dice if it's too much Fentanyl and it kills you off. But if I could get clean and pure Heroin of choose that everytime.
Make sure you are getting real oxycodone, hydrocodone, etc. There are fake pills that look exactly like the real ones but they are laced with fentanyl. It is like this with benzos as well.

Stay safe I remember you from my days on the shroomery when I was a teen and in my 20s and into using drugs. I am extremely lucky I never became addicted to any drugs.

-GC
What were the effects of heroin, even pure dope, versus oxycodone, hydrocodone, and codeine? I never used dope but I was told by friends who are addicts that it is like any other opiate but much more sedating and most people do vomit.

Well I found it to be a tad more sedating looking back but not by much. At lower dosages it is very stimulating for myself and a lot people I know. I was able to work really long hours because of it. It will make you nod at higher doses easier than Oxycodone I suppose comparatively.

Idk I just felt like Heroin was able to completely fill a hole that no other opiate or drug could fill. Oxycodone came close but the euphoria, anxiety killing aspect isn’t as strong.

That was another reason I liked it. Oxycodone kills anxiety sure, but this pure dope had me acting like I ruled the fucking world. I did a lot of stupid shit during that time thinking I was invincible. It was stronger than alcohol and I stopped almost instantly a 5-10 shot a day alcohol habit. (More on the weekends of course.). I was an anxious mess then and it cured all my problems.

Also just the taste and way it snorts. Crushed up so fine and easy and tasted/felt like heaven. IV is easy as can be and due to the potency/solubility it took very little solution so made it easy for a noob like me with shit technique to actually get it all in.

Idk everything about it. I crave it to this day but know I’d fall apart quick.

A lot of people died that tried it too unfortunately...

Finally comparing the high to the withdrawals, heroin withdrawals are MUCH easier than Oxycodone. Don’t ask me why but it seems more synthetic opiates have worse comedowns/withdrawals.

If I was to rate some of the opiates I’ve tried..

1.) Heroin
2.) 6-mono benzoyl morphine
3.) Oxycodone
4) 6- mono benzoyl dihydromorphine
5) Bupe
6) Methadone
7/8) Hydrocodone
7/8) Hydromorphone
9) Codeine
10) Tramadol
11) DHC
12) Fentanyl

-GC

Last edited:
I totally overlooked that aspect about oxy. The price limitation moderates someone's use more. It's impossible for a non-wealthy person to afford a 200-300 milligram oxy/day habit. At that point though, with high opioid use the effects wouldn't be impressive after a week or two if even. However I would not doubt there are addicts out their with HEAVY opioid scripts from doctor bribing and under-the-table treatment deals--who knows? There's definitely scripts out there being used by people without true chronic pain that would kill 5 people. It seems far easier for incredibly wealthy Caucasian people to get opioid scripts from doctors. Actors/etc.

Opiates totally suck when you're addicted to them. You can still get high but the euphoria leaves long before the body high starts wearing off (if it ever does). People say that they don't get high anymore but I believe that's total bullcrap. Opiates never stop feeling good even with god tolerance because the brain needs to depend on them being present to function.

I found subutex to be the best opiate I've ever encountered lol (even more than the H lines). Nothing was as long lasting or euphoric as subs. .5 mg of subutex on the first go made me drooling and nodding out intensely as though I had just overdosed. My receptors probably weren't used to being filled up like that at the time. I wonder how strong they'd be nowadays for me. More bang for your buck would definitely cause use to spiral out of control for most without the oxy prices being involved. That's dangerous! lol

Of course most of us find oxy to feel fantastic--but it's not a life-consuming "holy crap I'm going to do this constantly for years" high. It's pleasurable but like a 7 out of 10 feeling for most I'd think. Pure heroin sound like a 9.5/10 sensation if not more. I'd theorize that perpetual oxycodone addiction does not feel good anymore after about a year or two, while heroin still feels good after the second year.

Last edited:
Well I found it to be a tad more sedating looking back but not by much. At lower dosages it is very stimulating for myself and a lot people I know. I was able to work really long hours because of it. It will make you nod at higher doses easier than Oxycodone I suppose comparatively.

Idk I just felt like Heroin was able to completely fill a hole that no other opiate or drug could fill. Oxycodone came close but the euphoria, anxiety killing aspect isn’t as strong.

That was another reason I liked it. Oxycodone kills anxiety sure, but this pure dope had me acting like I ruled the fucking world. I did a lot of stupid shit during that time thinking I was invincible. It was stronger than alcohol and I stopped almost instantly a 5-10 shot a day alcohol habit. (More on the weekends of course.). I was an anxious mess then and it cured all my problems.

Also just the taste and way it snorts. Crushed up so fine and easy and tasted/felt like heaven. IV is easy as can be and due to the potency/solubility it took very little solution so made it easy for a noob like me with shit technique to actually get it all in.

Idk everything about it. I crave it to this day but know I’d fall apart quick.

A lot of people died that tried it too unfortunately...

Finally comparing the high to the withdrawals, heroin withdrawals are MUCH easier than Oxycodone. Don’t ask me why but it seems more synthetic opiates have worse comedowns/withdrawals.

If I was to rate some of the opiates I’ve tried..

1.) Heroin
2.) 6-mono benzoyl morphine
3.) Oxycodone
4) 6- mono benzoyl dihydromorphine
5) Bupe
6) Methadone
7/8) Hydrocodone
7/8) Hydromorphone
9) Codeine
10) Tramadol
11) DHC
12) Fentanyl

-GC

That's probably the best description of heroin right there. Like I said before we've had very similar experiences. When I found what was essentially an unlimited supply of high quality H I didn't give a shit about any other drug I used, besides maybe weed. At that particular point in time I had a wide variety of opioids, benzos, and psychs and they all took a back seat because none of them came close. Even the psychedelics felt like they didn't give me the same kind of world understanding and insight H did, and that's like the main thing with psychs.

Just everything about it was perfect. The texture, the vinegar smell, the drip when snorting, the IV ritual (which I was terrible at). That's what makes it so dangerous.

I totally overlooked that aspect about oxy. The price limitation moderates someone's use more. It's impossible for a non-wealthy person to afford a 200-300 milligram oxy/day habit. At that point though, with high opioid use the effects wouldn't be impressive after a week or two if even. However I would not doubt there are addicts out their with HEAVY opioid scripts from doctor bribing and under-the-table treatment deals--who knows? There's definitely scripts out there being used by people without true chronic pain that would kill 5 people. It seems far easier for incredibly wealthy Caucasian people to get opioid scripts from doctors. Actors/etc.

Opiates totally suck when you're addicted to them. You can still get high but the euphoria leaves long before the body high starts wearing off (if it ever does). People say that they don't get high anymore but I believe that's total bullcrap. Opiates never stop feeling good even with god tolerance because the brain needs to depend on them being present to function.

I found subutex to be the best opiate I've ever encountered lol (even more than the H lines). Nothing was as long lasting or euphoric as subs. .5 mg of subutex on the first go made me drooling and nodding out intensely as though I had just overdosed. My receptors probably weren't used to being filled up like that at the time. I wonder how strong they'd be nowadays for me. More bang for your buck would definitely cause use to spiral out of control for most without the oxy prices being involved. That's dangerous! lol

Of course most of us find oxy to feel fantastic--but it's not a life-consuming "holy crap I'm going to do this constantly for years" high. It's pleasurable but like a 7 out of 10 feeling for most I'd think. Pure heroin sound like a 9.5/10 sensation if not more. I'd theorize that perpetual oxycodone addiction does not feel good anymore after about a year or two, while heroin still feels good after the second year.

Another big red flag for H, yeah it never stops feeling good. I got very pleasantly high off subs too but that goes away very quickly. I got maybe 8 good highs out of it, then even for years afterwards it did fuck all. Oxy can keep up pretty well, but having an oxy habit is just not feasible for a lot of people these days. When I started to need more than 3 IR 30s or 2 OC80s I just said fuck it, HEROIN.

When you can get either 3 pills or a whole gram of dope the jump to heroin is incredibly easy to justify.

Another big red flag for H, yeah it never stops feeling good. I got very pleasantly high off subs too but that goes away very quickly. I got maybe 8 good highs out of it, then even for years afterwards it did fuck all. Oxy can keep up pretty well, but having an oxy habit is just not feasible for a lot of people these days. When I started to need more than 3 IR 30s or 2 OC80s I just said fuck it, HEROIN.

When you can get either 3 pills or a whole gram of dope the jump to heroin is incredibly easy to justify.

I agree--oxy tolerance can stay low for a LONG TIME but eventually you can't put a damper on it. I think that for anyone in the position like this (where oxy is just no longer feasible), it's best to at least take a break.

Making the switch to heroin is a HORRIBLE life-changing idea that you can't take back. I've never met anyone glad that they touched heroin lol. You save money in the beginning, but then you're spending far more money on dope than you ever did on oxy. It works out that way every time from what I've witnessed. People constantly redose. I mean... like 23 times per day kind of redosing as if they're possessed by a demon-kind-of-redosing. I haven't seen that in people even with oxycodone abuse. They're concerned about getting high but it's not the same way as heroin. People who abuse oxy tend to have an awareness of how bad the withdrawal will be and perpetually live in fear of the crash. I've never met anyone who abused heroin that gave a rat's ass about withdrawals. They just wanted to get high right here/right now.

Also people on oxy tend to seem energized and in a great mood.. usually more social.

When I've seen people on heroin they're struggling to keep their eyes open and have blurred inhibition like how alcohol does to one. People on heroin behave far differently than they ever would sober (like how someone above stated that pure heroin makes them feel like superman). I haven't witnessed that effect from oxy with other people. Heroin definitely takes something from most people that oxy never could even in higher doses. It seems like such a severe downer while opioids tend to be both an upper/downer.

Also people on oxy tend to seem energized and in a great mood.. usually more social.

When I've seen people on heroin they're struggling to keep their eyes open and have blurred inhibition like how alcohol does to one. People on heroin behave far differently than they ever would sober (like how someone above stated that pure heroin makes them feel like superman). I haven't witnessed that effect from oxy with other people. Heroin definitely takes something from most people that oxy never could even in higher doses. It seems like such a severe downer while opioids tend to be both an upper/downer.

I'd attribute the zombification of heroin mostly to fentanyl. When I used H it was almost always very high quality and energizing. Then again drugs affect everyone differently.

I'd attribute the zombification of heroin mostly to fentanyl. When I used H it was almost always very high quality and energizing. Then again drugs affect everyone differently.

Could be. There's very little ways to check how much fentanyl is going around these days within heroin supplies. Most people are just trying to score a high and disregard whether it's laced or not. I'm sure (within the US at least) that the majority of H nowadays is increasingly becoming more and more filled with fent. It's pretty heartbreaking because in my opinion nobody deserves to die for trying to feel good briefly. I hope if people on BL have read threads lately about heroin that they do not make the switch from oxy to heroin. Oxy is definitely not a benign harmless substance, but you can always at least moderate the dosage (with fake pills this is a different story). Nobody should assume heroin is just another opiate imo.

Yea almost ALL of the heroin in North America has fentanyl in it. The only area that may be safe from it still (kinda) is west coast black tar circles. But I hear even that scene is falling apart.

Fentanyl is very sedating, that’s why I hate it. I don’t like the sleepy side of opiates. I suspect most of today’s “heroin” is actually a combination of diacetylmorphine and fentanyl.

True diacetylmorphine has lots of good stimulation especially at lower doses. It’s that feeling where you can lay down and relax but you won’t go to sleep very easily or deeply. If you need to stay up it’s a natural feeling energy similar to oxy.

At higher doses it will sedate you harder than Oxycodone. It has a nice spectrum of effects based on dosage.

The problems come when the user wants to take as high of doses as they can, pushing the limits, where they nod out much more easily.

I also feel one gets tolerant to the euphoria and stimulating effects (dopamine depletion and/or tolerance?) over time so higher doses are taken and you get chronic users that look like they’re not even there.

This is another reason I know diacetylmorphine is a lot more than a simple morphine pro drug. Morphine is so sedating in comparison at every level of dosage..

-GC

Yea almost ALL of the heroin in North America has fentanyl in it. The only area that may be safe from it still (kinda) is west coast black tar circles. But I hear even that scene is falling apart.

Fentanyl is very sedating, that’s why I hate it. I don’t like the sleepy side of opiates. I suspect most of today’s “heroin” is actually a combination of diacetylmorphine and fentanyl.

True diacetylmorphine has lots of good stimulation especially at lower doses. It’s that feeling where you can lay down and relax but you won’t go to sleep very easily or deeply. If you need to stay up it’s a natural feeling energy similar to oxy.

At higher doses it will sedate you harder than Oxycodone. It has a nice spectrum of effects based on dosage.

The problems come when the user wants to take as high of doses as they can, pushing the limits, where they nod out much more easily.

I also feel one gets tolerant to the euphoria and stimulating effects (dopamine depletion and/or tolerance?) over time so higher doses are taken and you get chronic users that look like they’re not even there.

This is another reason I know diacetylmorphine is a lot more than a simple morphine pro drug. Morphine is so sedating in comparison at every level of dosage..

-GC

Do you know the history as to why fentynal began to grow rampant within our country? Was it sudden or a gradual change? I'm actually curious about that. What triggered the fent epidemic?

Some people literally are after pure fentynal itself. I'd imagine that at that point they definitely have extreme tolerance to opiates so overdosing isn't necessarily a concern. But at least with that route, you don't have to worry about a hugely variable product. I cannot believe that carfentinal is a thing nowadays. So few people could survive something laced with carfentinal. Even those with obsceneeee tolerance would be risking their lives. Very messed up to impose that upon users imo. The fent was immoral enough (if the word immoral can be used when it comes to drugs lol)

I'm struggling to read this, it just makes me wanna go get some dark and feel that wonderful feeling again. Oxy doesn't touch the sides. Craving like mad!

I'm struggling to read this, it just makes me wanna go get some dark and feel that wonderful feeling again. Oxy doesn't touch the sides. Craving like mad!

Hang in there :)

With heroin (especially with low tolerance) it's easy to get your hands on a stronger batch and instantly KO yourself. People traditionally overdose on heroin from returning with low-tolerance, a mistake often overlooked.

Last edited:
I definitely did not intend to make this thread in an effort to trigger past users to want the substance again. I'm sorry if I happened to do that.. totally not my intention btw.

No worries man I’m probably one to blame for that..

I have a tendency to glorify that part of my life even though it was the darkest time.

You also make a good point, overdoses most commonly happen on relapses. Pretty much everyone I know who’s died overdosed on a relapse, I’ve even done it but didn’t get close to dying but was dangerously fucked up for the situation I was in.

Geekgrl you’ve made it so far! Keep it going :)

-GC

No worries man I’m probably one to blame for that..

I have a tendency to glorify that part of my life even though it was the darkest time.

You also make a good point, overdoses most commonly happen on relapses. Pretty much everyone I know who’s died overdosed on a relapse, I’ve even done it but didn’t get close to dying but was dangerously fucked up for the situation I was in.

Geekgrl you’ve made it so far! Keep it going :)

-GC

Same here. I've lost a few friends who thought they could just go on one last run. It almost never works that way. To anyone reading this, if you get clean just stay clean.

Same here. I've lost a few friends who thought they could just go on one last run. It almost never works that way. To anyone reading this, if you get clean just stay clean.

Far easier said than done lol. At least with oxy it's totally measured so if you overdosed you've deliberately taken way much during a relpase.