• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Why is adderall safer than meth?

Sort of related question, what are some good things to know before first trying amphetamine (in the form of Adderall)? I'm not really sure how to use it yet, either for studying or recreationally. I certainly don't want to become one of the poster child college kids who abuse the fuck out of it just to get their work done. I've heard that the addiction can really just come out of nowhere, so any tips for safe and responsible use would be much appreciated. Also what's a good recommended first dose (was thinking 5 or 10 mg)?

Lol, I'm addicted to it and it's kind of shameful. Some have no affinity for abusing it so it depends on the person entirely. Worst thing that happens to me is I gobble it all in two days (my script isn't too large) and don't sleep for two days. Good eating habits lately and sleeping regularly without balances it out however. This is only a big deal if I eat them before an important day that I need to be super functional. It's not anything like methamphetamine addiction where people stay up for 8 days in a row unless you have a huge amount to do so. That's where self control has to come in. If you need to be functional then imo 10 mgs will help you focus a lot. In higher doses it can produce euphoria and put you in a fantastic mood before the crash. I'm addicted to that euphoria. I can't imagine someone flunking out of school from adderall alone--you'd need a ridiculous amount for that to happen in which case you'd be spending thousands off the street. Most scripts prescribed if you go overboard you'd run out fast because there's just not enough to do it 20 days in a row. I spend the rest of my month living like a normal human being and feel fine.

Problem is for me I take 10 mg (one pill) and feel great, then the buzz dies out and I end up taking a lot more and then it becomes a bender party. However this isn't normal. Most people don't abuse it and don't think about taking more than the required dose. I actually refuse to get rid of the script even though I probably should because of "addiction." You'll know if you're addicted to it pretty quickly because you can't leave it in a drawer and stop taking more--like with people like me. Like any drug, I guess depending on brain chemistry it can feel incredible to some but mediocre for others. Still, I'd rather be addicted to adderall than cocaine or benzos any day. But it definitely hasn't been a positive influence on my life that's for sure. I don't know how people can study for exams or write papers on 150 milligrams... at that point I'd be tweaked and dysfunctional. Honestly past 20-30 mg I lose focus and am too high, and it can produce strange paranoia thoughts in higher doses but that's never seemed to stop me. I wouldn't recommend going past 100 mg in a day. There's no point unless your tolerance is insane and by that point whatever works.

I knew from the first time that I tried it several years ago that it was going to be an issue for me. I think you'd know right away from the first couple of times if it's a problem down the road.

Last edited:
Sort of related question, what are some good things to know before first trying amphetamine (in the form of Adderall)? I'm not really sure how to use it yet, either for studying or recreationally. I certainly don't want to become one of the poster child college kids who abuse the fuck out of it just to get their work done. I've heard that the addiction can really just come out of nowhere, so any tips for safe and responsible use would be much appreciated. Also what's a good recommended first dose (was thinking 5 or 10 mg)?

Hey there, addies have potential to be addictive psychological, the best mind set that you can have to approach to amphetamine is by knowing that you are the one who is creating, learning, doing or whatever you gonna do. Don't fall into the trap of thinking that amphetamine are the protagonist of your actions. Just consider it a boots for doing something, in my case I use it went I have been studying for a good time and your start to see that your cognitive abilities are not there, pop one.

Now for the dosing part is tricky, if you actually don't have ADD you will get kinda tweaky if you do a high dose. You should definitely start with 5mg and see what happens. Sometimes amphetamine is not the help you need. I have done amphetamines for about 6 years and always have the same 20mg pill prescription that I divided and use in 3 dose: 5mg for recreational use, 10mg for functional use and in extreme cases 20mg for functional use. You may need to find your dose and always stick to the lowest dose with desired effects.

Please don't use if:
- You got glaucoma
- Have heart problems
- Liver problems
- bipolar with manic episodes that have turn into psychosis. Amphetamine can increase the chances of having a psychotic episode
- have severe depression. Amphetamine can cause depression in healthy people, can worse depression in patients.

Possible side effect are:
- Rise in blood pressure
- Tachycardia
- Temporary sexual dysfunction
- sweating
- turning into a College Tweaker

Hey there, addies have potential to be addictive psychological, the best mind set that you can have to approach to amphetamine is by knowing that you are the one who is creating, learning, doing or whatever you gonna do. Don't fall into the trap of thinking that amphetamine are the protagonist of your actions. Just consider it a boots for doing something, in my case I use it went I have been studying for a good time and your start to see that your cognitive abilities are not there, pop one.

Now for the dosing part is tricky, if you actually don't have ADD you will get kinda tweaky if you do a high dose. You should definitely start with 5mg and see what happens. Sometimes amphetamine is not the help you need. I have done amphetamines for about 6 years and always have the same 20mg pill prescription that I divided and use in 3 dose: 5mg for recreational use, 10mg for functional use and in extreme cases 20mg for functional use. You may need to find your dose and always stick to the lowest dose with desired effects.

Please don't use if:
- You got glaucoma
- Have heart problems
- Liver problems
- bipolar with manic episodes that have turn into psychosis. Amphetamine can increase the chances of having a psychotic episode
- have severe depression. Amphetamine can cause depression in healthy people, can worse depression in patients.

- Rise in blood pressure
- Tachycardia
- sweating

I wish I had your self-control o_O The obsession I have obtained with redosing is what makes me never want to touch methamphetamine but you don't seem to have that whatsoever!

Lol, I'm addicted to it and it's kind of shameful. Some have no affinity for abusing it so it depends on the person entirely. Worst thing that happens to me is I gobble it all in two days (my script isn't too large) and don't sleep for two days. Good eating habits lately and sleeping regularly without balances it out however. This is only a big deal if I eat them before an important day that I need to be super functional. It's not anything like methamphetamine addiction where people stay up for 8 days in a row unless you have a huge amount to do so. That's where self control has to come in. If you need to be functional then imo 10 mgs will help you focus a lot. In higher doses it can produce euphoria and put you in a fantastic mood before the crash. I'm addicted to that euphoria. I can't imagine someone flunking out of school from adderall alone--you'd need a ridiculous amount for that to happen in which case you'd be spending thousands off the street. Most scripts prescribed if you go overboard you'd run out fast because there's just not enough to do it 20 days in a row. I spend the rest of my month living like a normal human being and feel fine.

Problem is for me I take 10 mg (one pill) and feel great, then the buzz dies out and I end up taking a lot more and then it becomes a bender party. However this isn't normal. Most people don't abuse it and don't think about taking more than the required dose. I actually refuse to get rid of the script even though I probably should because of "addiction." You'll know if you're addicted to it pretty quickly because you can't leave it in a drawer and stop taking more--like with people like me. Like any drug, I guess depending on brain chemistry it can feel incredible to some but mediocre for others. Still, I'd rather be addicted to adderall than cocaine or benzos any day. But it definitely hasn't been a positive influence on my life that's for sure. I don't know how people can study for exams or write papers on 150 milligrams... at that point I'd be tweaked and dysfunctional. Honestly past 20-30 mg I lose focus and am too high, and it can produce strange paranoia thoughts in higher doses but that's never seemed to stop me. I wouldn't recommend going past 100 mg in a day. There's no point unless your tolerance is insane and by that point whatever works.

I knew from the first time that I tried it several years ago that it was going to be an issue for me. I think you'd know right away from the first couple of times if it's a problem down the road.
Yeah I can, definitely see how I'll know how it affects me in regards to addictive properties upon the first time dosing or two. Fortunately, it's not something I have easy access to but I know that's always a good strategy lol. From what you've said and other experiences on erowid I've read it seems redosing is the key factor in whether or not problems occur. I'll probably just stick to 5-10 mg at a time and no more than once every few weeks maybe before finals. Thanks for your input!

Please don't use if:
- You got glaucoma
- Have heart problems
- Liver problems

- Rise in blood pressure
- Tachycardia
- sweating
I really like that mindset, sort of like psychedelics being quite literally "mind revealing" and not necessarily containing the secrets to existence as some people claim. I'll start with 5 mg as you recommend and absolutely not redose as from what I've gathered that's where the addiction and other issues seem to stem from. Keeping use infrequent also will be smart too I'm thinking

I really like that mindset, sort of like psychedelics being quite literally "mind revealing" and not necessarily containing the secrets to existence as some people claim. I'll start with 5 mg as you recommend and absolutely not redose as from what I've gathered that's where the addiction and other issues seem to stem from. Keeping use infrequent also will be smart too I'm thinking

Honestly, I've found psychadelics to be overrated in regards to "showing you life's answers." Mostly they make me f'd up rolling around on the floor laughing and trying to survive the next few hours. I suppose they taught me how to contain myself in overwhelming situations that are completely out of my control. Psychadelics were just something I wanted to cross off of my to-do list. I don't think I'll ever trip again as they're not for me. But there is a cult surrounding psychaledics and I do think they can alleviate depression--iirc there's some sort of beneficial properties they can have for someone with alzheimer's. I've recalled some childhood events I've totally forgotten about while on them which is interesting. Scariest thing in the world is in higher doses you forget you've even taken something and become delerious because you have no idea what's going on.

Adderall addiction isn't the worst. The withdrawal is benign minus the depression aspect because you can eat and sleep unlike with opiate or benzo withdrawal. But otherwise, there's not noticable consequences like with benzo abuse or something like that. If you're purchasing them off the street or from a friend though it's too costly imo and the legal repercussions are a little absurd if you get caught. I don't take them for more than a week per month because daily use raises your tolerance sky-high and so quickly, plus withdrawal becomes a real thing. It's way more effective if I take it after an extended period of time of being totally sober. But yeah, opioid addiction has given me far more personal issues than adderall ever could thus far. In general cocaine and meth addiction is way more of an issue for folks.

Might be important to state that in the beginning I had no affinity for abusing it. After I went through heartbreak with someone I really loved I just wanted anything to make myself feel better and started taking it out on my script. Even after I got over the breakup for some reason the stim abuse stuck with me. I've just accepted that I can't control my adderall use and found ways to limit the behavior but I'm selfish and can't get rid of the damn thing. Adderall feels better to me than any other drug on earth (haven't tried meth), so it probably depends on individual brain chemistry what the drug means to you. However, that being said if it feels way too good for you like it does for me there's no way you can keep it at 5-10 "once in a blue moon." You can either stop entirely or fall down the rabbit hole. At that point though, purchasing them without a script can get financially taxing with that addiction. Stims aren't like other drugs--you can quit at any moment without worrying about the repercussions of withdrawal other than sleepiness/depression and a lack of focus. Moral of the story is that love has a worse withdrawal than any drug. I hope he lives the rest of his life in misery for cheating ;)

Last edited:
Done amphetamine a lot of times after my 19 years and recently this month I tried methamphetamine for the first time and even so methamphetamine ROA I use make it extremely more stimulant, amphetamines are always better. I feel that the stimulus that amphetamine give you is cleaner. Also I don't like the compulsive redose methamphetamine give if you are not careful.

I do love psychedelic but the culture around it is horrible. Mostly because the average psychedelic fan are hippies with a horrendous mix of many oriental believe water base for the common white western person. Yes you can have live changing experiences with psychedelic but most of the time you don't. In my 4 years using LSD-25 I never felt anything spiritual about it. Trippie? Yeah, visuals? Oh hell yeah! But no spiritually or other bullshit.

Done amphetamine a lot of times after my 19 years and recently this month I tried methamphetamine for the first time and even so methamphetamine ROA I use make it extremely more stimulant, amphetamines are always better. I feel that the stimulus that amphetamine give you is cleaner. Also I don't like the compulsive redose methamphetamine give if you are not careful.

I do love psychedelic but the culture around it is horrible. Mostly because the average psychedelic fan are hippies with a horrendous mix of many oriental believe water base for the common white western person. Yes you can have live changing experiences with psychedelic but most of the time you don't. In my 4 years using LSD-25 I never felt anything spiritual about it. Trippie? Yeah, visuals? Oh hell yeah! But no spiritually or other bullshit.

Silly question probably but why do people bother with methamphetamine if the vapors are toxic to one's teeth and lungs/the substance is permanently dopamine damaging resulting in ahedonia even with lighter users?

Especially since you say amphetamine is still great and subjectively cleaner? Why suck that big ass glass dick anymore? I'm guessing just because methamphetamine is a lot stronger and lasts significantly longer. Sometimes stronger highs aren't necessarily better with other substances but maybe crystal is way diff. I"ve always felt that adderall was so strong even in such tiny doses o_O I agree coke sucks. I tried it twice with my cocaine DOC friends to check if the quality was any good before snorting up the nose candy and I barely felt it and only noticed a crash. Felt like 5 drinks of starbucks coffee with no euphoria. Someone told me you need to try cocaine more than two times to feel the full effects but at that point I'm already kind of an addict and not trying to make it worse with a new demon like cocaine. Adderall/ritalin is so cleaaaaaan. The effects always hit me like a hammer and the up is so captivating. Pretty sure that "superman" feeling that people achieve from cocaine use is a similar sensation I get from adderall.

Totally off topic but both my parents were pretty heavy addicts at one point in thier life--mother opiates and my father was a compulsive alcoholic/cocaine addict. It's strange that I hate both of his favorite substances but opiates are a problem for me. I guess addiction can be hereditary too!

Last edited:
I have a dexamphetamine script for ADHD and I have to say I don't find it addictive at all. For one thing it's easy to take tolerance breaks without even tapering. And I feel absolutely zero desire to compulsively redose, in fact if I take enough or my tolerance is low enough that I feel a comedown approaching I feel like smoking a spliff or popping a benzo to bring me down gently rather than taking more stims.

But in most cases, my tolerance is enough that I don't get a bad comedown anymore, and I just use it in scripted doses, so it's not a very problematic drug for me at all. And I get hundreds of pills scripted to me every month. I am perfectly able to leave them sitting there for a week if I feel like a tolerance break. No urges to bosh them at all.

On the other hand if you put a huge pile of opiates in front of me... yeah I will straight up compulsively redose until the stash is gone. I even stopped my legit script for back pain because I could tell that was going the same way and wanted to quit while I was ahead.

The only time I got some type of sense of wellbeing was with tramadol
That may be because of its serotonin Effects, you may actually very likely benefit from a serotonin Antidepressant of some sort i'm not big on those so i can't reccomend any, maybe Zoloft or Fluoxetine, but even then i'd only ever taken maybe 1-2 of each so i cant really vouche for them.

I have a dexamphetamine script for ADHD and I have to say I don't find it addictive at all. For one thing it's easy to take tolerance breaks without even tapering. And I feel absolutely zero desire to compulsively redose, in fact if I take enough or my tolerance is low enough that I feel a comedown approaching I feel like smoking a spliff or popping a benzo to bring me down gently rather than taking more stims.

But in most cases, my tolerance is enough that I don't get a bad comedown anymore, and I just use it in scripted doses, so it's not a very problematic drug for me at all. And I get hundreds of pills scripted to me every month. I am perfectly able to leave them sitting there for a week if I feel like a tolerance break. No urges to bosh them at all.

On the other hand if you put a huge pile of opiates in front of me... yeah I will straight up compulsively redose until the stash is gone. I even stopped my legit script for back pain because I could tell that was going the same way and wanted to quit while I was ahead.
oh my haha, we're exactly the opposite in what we'd just devour, but even while i do technically have stupid level of amp use/ stim combos etc i don't find taking a break from them too difficult, if i've taken 10-15 addys one day and i'm done the next i'll likely maybe take one the next day to function n' then just deal with a tolerable stim wd for a day or two and then im good to go

oh my haha, we're exactly the opposite in what we'd just devour, but even while i do technically have stupid level of amp use/ stim combos etc i don't find taking a break from them too difficult, if i've taken 10-15 addys one day and i'm done the next i'll likely maybe take one the next day to function n' then just deal with a tolerable stim wd for a day or two and then im good to go

Individual chemistry is an interesting thing eh?

But yeah this is the thing with stims, the addiction is basically all psychological. There's no real physical dependence. You might feel tired for a few days but that's it. So taking a break cold turkey is easy. Opiates are much harder to use the same way because they will cause physical withdrawals.

Both are quite a good time. I become compulsive with stimulants because I know that I'll always live, and it's not like opiates where I repeatedly have to live in fear of a brutal soul-crippling withdrawal.

Speaking of adderall, only less than 2 weeks before I recieve my metherall script. Not too much longer before I can whack off a level 5 hurricane while in a porn-fiend marathon. I wonder.. do people who frequently use methamphetamine become addicted to jerking off on it? lol

I’d have to search for hours and can’t be bothered; but; few years ago now the AFP seized a huge haul of pure Methamphetamine from a Chinese boat as it docked here.

Some scientists broke it down to see what the latest garbage going round was and were surprised by the result.

Good, clean, untainted illegal meth had 99% the chemical make up of their legal cousins.
I’d say they’d have compared it with Ritalin here not adderal but aren’t they really all the same thing anyhow

It's a common misconception that adderall is safer than pure meth. Any reasonably informed person would agree that 150-200mg adderall is more dangerous and overall harmful than 15-20mg meth. They're both terrible for you, neither one is "safe" lol. True, with adderall there is pharmaceutical grade quality control and precise dosing. Meth is likely to have any number of remnants of synthesis, cuts, and even dirt/bacteria from the environment etc. that wouldn't be present inside an adderall capsule.

Can you clarify why you are stating this ? That's what I'm trying to get at. Too many claims that adderall is safe versus it's harmful. I don't know what to believe. It makes me think that research still needs to be done on how stimulants affect the brain. Maybe I'm asking a question that totally hasn't been clarified yet.