• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Why is 20mg Roxycodone giving me way less effects than 20mg Percocet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirtualRealism

Greenlighter
I had a prescription of 10mg/325mg (Oxycodone/Acetaminophen (Percocet)) for an abscess on the inside of my cheek about two months ago. I took 20mg at a time, and would get a very strong body and mental high. I never really get euphoria, but I'm in it for the body high anyways. By body high I mean the pleasurable feeling you get down your back and spine. It's blissful, and is my favorite drug effect to date. I would get this pretty consistently with my Percocet prescription.

Now I just got a 10mg Roxycodone (Pure Oxycodone) prescription, and 20mg isn't giving me much of anything. I've been taking it the last three days and have yet to experience that blissful body high I'm looking for. I've even tried upping the dosage to 30mg with no results. I don't even get much of a mental high (No nodding or anything). I just tried parachuting 20mg to see if that helped, and it didn't. I don't understand this at all. These two prescriptions should be practically identical except for the Acetaminophen which, as far as I know, isn't a potentiator for Opiates.

I had a good month and a half between these two prescriptions, and I never once had to up the Percocet dose due to tolerance. So, I'm pretty positive it's not a tolerance issue.

Can anybody offer some advice/information? I will only take them orally; I'm not open to snorting, IVing, or, "plugging."

Thanks.

If you have any left try snorting one or two, or swallowig one and snorting one

Actually as far as pain relief goes APAP with oxycodone is considered a better combination for pain relief than either of the two drugs on their own.

If you have any left try snorting one or two, or swallowig one and snorting one

I stated, very clearly, that I was not open to anything other than oral usage. I wish to understand why I get much higher on an equivalent dose of Percocet than I do on Roxycodone.

Most likely tolerance and oxycodone with Acetaminophen is better than oxy alone.
But we can only guess and it's not really suited for OD, so I'm going to close the thread.
If you want me to re-open it/have a question PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.