• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Why I didn't feel anything on Kratom?

talkin2myself

Bluelighter
I heard good things about Kratom, so I decided to give it a try. I bought 50 pills filled with bali kratom powder. I always start a new drug with a low dosage, so I popped two. Waited for a while, then popped another 2. This went on, untill I ate 35 pills. Nothing on the Earth happened. I was sober.

How is that possible? Am I immune to Kratom, or what? People say it's like opiates/stimulants mixed, everyone is so amazed by Kratom, and I don't understand it.

(I bought the pills at the biggest headshop in my country, so I'm sure it was real Kratom, they are very reliable)

headshop kratom is notoriously weak, try visiting the kratom forum (google it) and reading the vendor reviews. It also helps the kratom absorb faster if you swallow the powder (toss n wash) or make tea instead of taking it in capsules.

dont buy pills and dont buy kratom from a headshop..find a reputable vendor online and buy plain leaf from them..take 5-6 grams and see what happens

There are a few things going on here.
1. Yes, headshop kratom is notoriously weak. While this could be part of your problem you took about 17.5 grams so it should still have done something. But this is a possible part of your problem.
2. Did you eat before taking them. To get faster effects it is important to take kratom on an empty stomach. This is important with powder and even more so with capsules. Because even on an empty stomach capsules take a long time to go into effect because first the gelatin must dissolve. Then the kratom too. Kratom that has been packed tightly into a capsule then been soaked in water and stomach acids will clump together and dissolve very slowly as opposed to loose powder which has a lot of exposed surface area and is processed much quicker. In this way kratom capsules almost work with a time-release type effect. Add a full stomach and they could be digesting slowly over up to 5 hours! This alone could be your problem because the kratom could be entering your system so slowly being titrated this way that you never feel the effects.
3. How you spaced out your capsules slowly over a long period of time. While kratom does have a cumulative effect to get any sort of euphoria the dose must be taken all at once.

My advice is to try tossing and washing some powder. Advice to buy powder from a good vendor online is good advice. If, however, you want to stick to your headshop, most sell powder also, or you could empty some capsules. If you do decide to take capsules again then I would recommend not eating for 2-4 hours prior and take at least 10-14 capsules. This is 5-7 grams of kratom and a good starting dose. Though i'd recommend the lower end. Hope this helps!