• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids why dont they just legalize codeine?

Anybody can convert codeine/dihydrocodeine into more powerful opiates. Simply eat, collect piss, dry and extract with chloroform.
Codeine/dhc gets converted into morphine/dihydromorphine by one of the cytochrome P450 enzymes (10-20% or starting dose) and from there gets conjugated with glucuronic acid, to form the 6-O glucuronic ester, which is 5x more potent than morphine/dihydromorphine, which is removed by kidneys, to be pissed out.
As horrible as it might seem to some, you can't just plug the piss, as urea (which piss is full of), denatures proteins and that is far from good for the walls of your colon (one of the colon's jobs is to remove as much water as possible, from anything in there. This makes the urea soln more concentrated, which is really unpleasant, as the more conc a urea soln, the better it is at denaturing proteins).
So, the only feasable route is to dry piss to a dry mass, then extract opiates from dry mass, with chloroform.

Remember, your body isn't just a temple, but in some cases, an 'all in one' drug lab!

Where I live anyone can get free 8mg dillies from the government. I knew of people getting 30 of them a day just to stay away from street drugs. I never took advantage of this, I am happy with my suboxone but it does show me the government is starting to think different.
Whaaaat? I've never heard of anyone, myself included, being prescribed more than 360 per month / 12 per day / 8mg q2 hours..... but I suppose it is possible.... I was on the Fentora 800mcg x2 ... 1600mcg q2 hrs .... in palliative care in 2016 .... I don't think it would be possible now though, I can barely get 4 8mg per day now & I'm in a hospital bed at home.

I think they don't legalize codeine because they don't care and specially because drug prohibition was never about citizen health in the first place but political decisions. They only care about their politics, power and money and somehow seem many people of power to benefit from illegal drugs. I had some hope for all these legal research chemicals to lead to a better drug policy but all the governments do is banning them group by group while fent is killing people on a daily basis.

Why make any substance illegal IMO? People are going to use x,y,z anyways after all. Plus, criminalization tends to make addicts less inclined to seek help, and it increases the risks associated with use of said banned substance. Honestly, I'd say the same thing regardless of what it is in question. Some studies even show that addiction rates are lower in countries where drugs of all kinds are decriminalized.

Anybody can convert codeine/dihydrocodeine into more powerful opiates. Simply eat, collect piss, dry and extract with chloroform.
Codeine/dhc gets converted into morphine/dihydromorphine by one of the cytochrome P450 enzymes (10-20% or starting dose) and from there gets conjugated with glucuronic acid, to form the 6-O glucuronic ester, which is 5x more potent than morphine/dihydromorphine, which is removed by kidneys, to be pissed out.
As horrible as it might seem to some, you can't just plug the piss, as urea (which piss is full of), denatures proteins and that is far from good for the walls of your colon (one of the colon's jobs is to remove as much water as possible, from anything in there. This makes the urea soln more concentrated, which is really unpleasant, as the more conc a urea soln, the better it is at denaturing proteins).
So, the only feasable route is to dry piss to a dry mass, then extract opiates from dry mass, with chloroform.

Remember, your body isn't just a temple, but in some cases, an 'all in one' drug lab!

Fascinating. How would one best dry the urine? Can you tell me more about the chloroform extraction process? Purely for educational purposes of course, I've no intention on actually drying my piss in a glass container on my window-sill and making chloroform.

Why make any substance illegal IMO? People are going to use x,y,z anyways after all. Plus, criminalization tends to make addicts less inclined to seek help, and it increases the risks associated with use of said banned substance. Honestly, I'd say the same thing regardless of what it is in question. Some studies even show that addiction rates are lower in countries where drugs of all kinds are decriminalized.

Every human civilization has an intoxicants (before anything about Mormons not having one, know the other name for Mormon tea is Ephedra nevadensis. Recognize something about the genus name?). Making drugs illegal is just one big cop out on education about them, but politicians and such like are notorious self interest groups crazed by lust for power and control. Nixon wanted people caught selling LSD to receive the death penalty...

What a fucked up world we have helped make.

I think they don't legalize codeine because they don't care and specially because drug prohibition was never about citizen health in the first place but political decisions. They only care about their politics, power and money and somehow seem many people of power to benefit from illegal drugs. I had some hope for all these legal research chemicals to lead to a better drug policy but all the governments do is banning them group by group while fent is killing people on a daily basis.
Let's not forget the whole prohibition thing, when it comes to any drug other than alcohol, isn't even based off the alcohol temperance movement, so much as racism. Marijuana was suspect because it was used by many Mexicans. Cocaine use became associated with blacks because it was popular with that demographic. Opium smoking was termed the 'Chinese vice' . The one thread tying those wildly different substances and population groups together was the narrative that these drugs were used by men who were NOT WHITE, had 'immoral foreign customs', and basically were sexually incontinent and would seduce precious, pure, morally irreproachable white women into dissolution under the influence of their drug / with the aid of their drug.

Then after the moral panic came blatant exploitative economic and political interests, working nicely together. Also of course, by now there's plenty of people in high-up places both in the producing and the main consuming countries, who directly and personally profit either financially (from being tied in with drug cartels) or in terms of election prospects (by showcasing 'moral rectitude' to a conservative anti-drug audience) from the current status quo, so will be opposed to any measures to change it.

Last edited:
And nowadays they just ban new substances because. Because. It has "always" been handled that way, no harm required (like with methoxetamine which never killed anybody besides a person shooting literally grams together with MDAI if I'm correct but it was still outlawed).

And nowadays they just ban new substances because. Because. It has "always" been handled that way, no harm required (like with methoxetamine which never killed anybody besides a person shooting literally grams together with MDAI if I'm correct but it was still outlawed).
Another upshot of this policy is, the producers of all that new stuff just keep tweaking the chemical formula. Then it's legal again for a bit... then THAT version gets banned... The trouble is every time the formula is rearranged by just a tiny bit to circumvent the new ban, the more unpredictable the substance and its effects on the body get. It's a recipe to make shit MORE dangerous.

I've been on buprenorphine for 6 years almost now & I've come to hate it.

Yet I still love opioids & want to use them, but life has brought me to a place where I have no access to them anymore, except for buprenorphine.
Most people would just say "fine I'm done, I give up", but opioids have been my life now for well over 15 years. To cut them out of my life completely would be like getting rid of a family member or a close friend for no other reason than because I can't see them or something. Ironically it was okay for me to go collect 180 tramadol a month for years & years until one day they decided "whoops, it's a narcotic, so can't do that now". Do they realize how many people probably ended up with a habit thanks to their little myths about oxycodone & tramadol. And then they think it's okay to just take that away from everybody.

So basically it's okay to be "addicted/dependent" on the government sponsored crap but not the other stuff because it might actually make me feel good & some people might misuse it (big deal, people misuse legal things every day). It's also like saying "we don't trust you to be able to handle your own shit", which is an insult & ultimately deprives people of being able to make a choice that is right for them. Along with the whole slew of other problems everyone here has mentioned.

It's time to legalize opioids but in the face of the political power & climate it almost seems hopeless. Gotta keep speaking out & trying to educate people on how much the "dangers" of opioids has been exaggerated to get the public to comply with the idea that pain killers & opiates should be phased out of society for "the better". When it's actually an act of control that has severe consequences for people.

Fascinating. How would one best dry the urine? Can you tell me more about the chloroform extraction process? Purely for educational purposes of course, I've no intention on actually drying my piss in a glass container on my window-sill and making chloroform.

You wouldn't be making chloroform. ;) He's saying use chloroform to extract an ester of morphine which is 5x more potent than morphine, from your piss, after you ingest codeine, metabolize it, and piss it out.

You wouldn't be making chloroform. ;) He's saying use chloroform to extract an ester of morphine which is 5x more potent than morphine, from your piss, after you ingest codeine, metabolize it, and piss it out.

I was thinking that (regarding it not being possible for one to make chloroform). Actually why I worded it as such was, along with my own ignorance, I had recently seen either a YouTube-short or Tic-Tok featuring the silly actions of a certain fellow who 'claimed' he was making chloroform by mixing two products together and was then going to huff it to see the result. Well I know now he wasn't making chloroform like he claimed but he, upon his first huff, passed out in the same manner you'd expect from chloroform, bless his barren brain-box. Having said that - who am I to judge, for I myself did something similar many, many years ago - not in an attempt to make chloroform - in fact I've no idea what I was trying to achieve but I can recall mixing together whatever I could find in the bathroom into a plastic deodorant cup (likely during my thankfully short teenage phase of huffing it through a towel :rolleyes: ) and upon waking up on the floor had to open up a window, air out the room and dump it as fast as possible. Never again of course - though I still remain fascinated with chemistry and do have a genuine interest in it beyond anything to do with drugs (although pharmacology is a big one too). It was through a fascination with chemistry that lead my deeper into 'Spiritual-Alchemy' and into the transmutation of the standard/base-level Soul (lead; Malkuth) into the enlightened Soul (gold, surprise-surprise; Kether) via (the eventual correct path of) the Sephirot within the 'Kabbalistic Tree of Life'. I digress. Appreciate you clearing that up for me ;)

Back on topic - Codeine is still legally sold over the counter the length and breadth of Ireland (the usual 12.8mg Neurophen Plus and whatever amount Solpodine contains) however I recently saw such codeine containing medications crop up in the news regarding the country possibly revising its relative legislation as its been said there has been something of 'a surge' in people becoming addicted to them. Whether it'll require a prescription in the near-future or not remains to be seen. I certainly hope not what with the average charge for a doctors visit being ~€50, and Nurophen Plus costing ~€10-12, one would be looking at a ridiculous price to pay for them. Dissuasion is probably the hope - but I fear its only going to force those who were addicted to hit the streets for codeine tablets, in which case they're more than likely going to encounter people of a certain persuasion offering them 'something that will be more effective' and 'last them longer', for it likely wont be 12.8mg Neurophen Plus nor Solpodine Extras; more like 30mg Tylex - or indeed - (perish the thought) something 'a little bit stronger and economical'.

I know codeine seems like nothing to those of us with an inclination towards the use of stronger opioids, but addiction is addiction, just as much as desperation is desperation and as sure as desperate times beget desperate measures - those offered an opioid fix will more often than not take the opioid that's offered to them, especially when they had no problem getting them from their local pharmacies the week prior to 'the new legislation'. I'm not saying codeine addicts are about to begin shooting smack, but I don't see this course of action helping those who've been addicted for years and cant function without it. Maybe I need to think about it more - perhaps my own state of withdrawal from opioids is clouding my mind and I'm missing something that should be obvious to me and will become so a week from now, but this is how I feel at least at the time of making this post.

Any talk of this in the UK? If not, I'd imagine people will be hitting/crossing the Northern-Irish/UK border in their droves to stock-up for what could be an even larger and potentially much more damaging demand sometime soon...

At the same time there's a plan being put together around "the legalisation of certain recreational drugs", though I haven't yet been able to find any further information on which ones. As soon as I saw "certain recreational drugs not including Heroin or Cocaine" (with the latter being arguably one of the most commonly used (and of course abused) drugs out there I visibly eye-rolled. Heroin and Cocaine (especially crack and the affect its been having on the country for many years now) I should think is much more of a pertinent issue than "drugs which aren't manufactured".

That said, at least its a step in the right direction...
I hasten to wonder what the collective government decide what a 'recreational drug' is, though having read as much of this as I did, I gather they mean cannabis, which is already 'de-criminalised' in small amounts but not exactly legal. I don't smoke it - I gave it a go for a few years in my teens and then would occasionally try it in my 20s if it was around or offered but by that stage I hadnt bought it in years and found I couldnt smoke it without first having a few drinks as it just reaped havoc with my anxiety (except for two separate occasions - one in Lanzarote where its legal in the 'cannabis clubs' where my father bought a little lump of the most relaxing stuff I'd ever had, then again in Toronto where I brewed up a brand ('Mary Jane' - what else of course) of THC infused tea - though I believe people should have the right to and I mean beyond it being medically prescribed.

There was a proposal set forward in regard to a safe injection site within the city-centre not to long ago which didn't go ahead despite it and more being desperately needed. Again, I digress...

Last edited: