• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids why dont they just legalize codeine?

kushblowin

Bluelighter
at this point does it even matter anymore? every single drug user on the planet is playing russian roulette literally. when its so bad that 99% of opiates are cut with fent its officially over theres nothing you can do. humans have been doing opiates for thousands of years and they're not going to stop now theyll just keep dying. i dont know what the fuck anyone is thinking but with drug bans getting harsher and synthetic drugs coming up every day that are completely untested, completely unregulated purity, and used to lie and deceive people into becoming addicted to the most dangerous substances on the face on the earth or just to make a quick buck everything is fucked.

i would rather have people running into pharmacies and grabbing blister packs of codeine then just having millions of people drop like flies and shooting up random chinese chemicals just to find out if they die or get high for 2 hours. we already have hard drugs on the market. alcohol is literally a hypnotic narcotic with the only barrier being such a shitty taste, buzz, and awful hangover you have to be a lunatic to drink it. i self medicated anxiety with both benzos and alcohol and i would say that the benzos were easier to quit, cleaner, way more mild, and easier to control.

introducing suboxone and methadone into the community probably isnt a good idea either. it really sucks that ive been responsible and only used opiates in moderation and now i cant have them ever again the same way. for 10 years ive taken opiates in moderation and just used them as a treat to listen to music with a joint and now its gone forever. the dope sickness was always enough for me to not get hooked on opiates and i didnt want them to be ruined forever so i didnt abuse them and it happened anyways. :(

hell even if we let grow poppies and make their own dope it'd be better than this you cant even die from smoking opium. people who are going to shoot stuff up are going to shut stuff up no matter what you do it shouldnt ruin everything for the rest of us. i could get suboxone all i wanted and it was so nasty i never even touched it, pure clean opiates are the only way.

Nobody misses the good old days like i do. Pharmaceutical opioids were my DOC. All painkillers and benzos that came in pill form were the cat's meow. Had some of my own scripts through the years and when I lost them ( because of abuse ) I just bought other peoples.

Then all of a sudden the perks and vics dried up and people only were getting Lyrica and gabs. Well, some people were probably still getting some good stuff but they weren't sharing and selling anymore. Then all of a sudden the 8 mg sub strips flooded the streets.

So I went with the gabs and the Lyrica and the subs for awhile but nothing could beat the 30 mg IR blues. So I said shit....might as well jump because my DOC is now out of my reach. Goodbye sweet Prince....you were such a warm fuzzy blanket.

Kratom and weed is where it's at for the rest of my life anyway. And I'm OK with that now. Don't crave hardly at all, drug dreams are gone, my life is actually better. I thought it was better on the pills but in hindsight I was wrong.

If it were up to me, all drugs would be legal and sold OTC in pharmacies. Crime would be reduced exponentially and drugs would be SO MUCH SAFER because they would be pure, you'd know you were getting what you actually think you're getting and you'd know the exact dosage, too.

I have a script for 4 20mgs tablets of Oxy daily. I know that I’m now addicted to it. I don’t know when my doc is going to put the breaks on.

Do you know they are definitely going to? Unless they have very good reason to suspect you abuse it or are doing something illegal, I don't think they *can* just do that to you?

I hope not. But I’ve said this before, my pain doc is living very large. He drives a new Bentley convertible and obviously is making a shit ton of money. There is every reason for the DEA to pay him a visit.

I was getting 3 of the 20mg Oxys each day. Then, about 4 months ago, I began getting 4 of the 20mg Oxys per day. It’s kinda weird but I’m certainly not complaining. He never talked about bumping me up to 4/day, but I keep picking that 120 pills up from the pharmacy.

Last edited:
I hope not. But I’ve said this before, my pain doc is living very large. He drives a new Bentley convertible and obviously is making a shit ton of money. There is every reason for the DEA to pay him a visit.

I was getting 3 of the 20mg Oxys each day. Then, about 4 months ago, I am getting 4 of the 20mg Oxys per day. It’s kinda weird but I’m not complaining. He never talked about bumping me up to 4/day. But I keep picking that 120 pills up from the pharmacy.

Oh, do you live in the U.S.?

I'd check out a local methadone clinic or something just so if *touch wood* the worst does happen, you'll have a plan and won't have to suffer withdrawal (and methadone is VERY effective for chronic pain, too).

I was getting 3 of the 20mg Oxys each day. Then, about 4 months ago, I am getting 4 of the 20mg Oxys per day. It’s kinda weird but I’m not complaining. He never talked about bumping me up to 4/day. But I keep picking that 120 pills up from the pharmacy.
That's lucky. A lot of ppl would kill for that script.

That's lucky. A lot of ppl would kill for that script.
Yes, I feel quite blessed to have access to this amount of Oxy on a daily basis.

As the number of written prescriptions for Oxy has decreased, I realize the fortuitous position I’m in, not having to try to find it on the streets. Most of those Oxy 30mgs on the street are pressed pills that involve a degree of risk, in terms of adulterants and quality control. 30 mgs is the most common dosage available from the average opiate suppliers here, in my Southern California town.

If it were up to me, all drugs would be legal and sold OTC in pharmacies. Crime would be reduced exponentially and drugs would be SO MUCH SAFER because they would be pure, you'd know you were getting what you actually think you're getting and you'd know the exact dosage, too.
Well here it is. My opinion right there.

Just like, pure amphetamine, pure heroin, pure MDMA and so on... Quality controlled and taxed, tax money allocated to harm reduction and helping addicts.

Using a substance, or possession of a substance for personal use, should never be a crime. But if a person has to steal car stereos to support the habit, then it is of course criminal behavior in my opinion. Unacceptable and criminal.

Basically the old: "Your body, your choice" thing.

I have a script for 4 20mgs tablets of Oxy daily. I know that I’m now addicted to it. I don’t know when my doc is going to put the breaks on.
Lucky you! I know it starts to suck a lot after like 3-4 years and you probably hate oxy by now lol! I am still strangely envious.

Anyway, the human species has proven themselves incapable of controlling their opiate use. They overdose like mad, sell it, manipulate others with their pleasurable addiction by sharing their secret to them for the worse. Codeine isn't the strongest or most pleasurable opioid by far, but it still would ruin so many people's lives lol. Although, lets see what happens in oregon with legal drugs and whether opiate addiction goes way down from allowing their fun to go unpunished. Opioids being forbidden does make the high that much better.

Codeine is okay for me. I prefer the life ruining euphoria that comes with oxycodone and the worse family members in that drug class. Codeine just doesn't ruin my life enough and make me nod out and do nothing ever. If I'm going to do something life ruining it might as well be "ohhhh that's good."

at this point does it even matter anymore? every single drug user on the planet is playing russian roulette literally. when its so bad that 99% of opiates are cut with fent its officially over theres nothing you can do. humans have been doing opiates for thousands of years and they're not going to stop now theyll just keep dying. i dont know what the fuck anyone is thinking but with drug bans getting harsher and synthetic drugs coming up every day that are completely untested, completely unregulated purity, and used to lie and deceive people into becoming addicted to the most dangerous substances on the face on the earth or just to make a quick buck everything is fucked.

i would rather have people running into pharmacies and grabbing blister packs of codeine then just having millions of people drop like flies and shooting up random chinese chemicals just to find out if they die or get high for 2 hours. we already have hard drugs on the market. alcohol is literally a hypnotic narcotic with the only barrier being such a shitty taste, buzz, and awful hangover you have to be a lunatic to drink it. i self medicated anxiety with both benzos and alcohol and i would say that the benzos were easier to quit, cleaner, way more mild, and easier to control.

introducing suboxone and methadone into the community probably isnt a good idea either. it really sucks that ive been responsible and only used opiates in moderation and now i cant have them ever again the same way. for 10 years ive taken opiates in moderation and just used them as a treat to listen to music with a joint and now its gone forever. the dope sickness was always enough for me to not get hooked on opiates and i didnt want them to be ruined forever so i didnt abuse them and it happened anyways. :(

hell even if we let grow poppies and make their own dope it'd be better than this you cant even die from smoking opium. people who are going to shoot stuff up are going to shut stuff up no matter what you do it shouldnt ruin everything for the rest of us. i could get suboxone all i wanted and it was so nasty i never even touched it, pure clean opiates are the only way.
Some people can turn Codeine into more powerful opoid's.

So eventually that would be a good reason, its a precursor.

Some people can turn Codeine into more powerful opoid's.

So eventually that would be a good reason, its a precursor.
thats true but if you had clean codeine pharma tabs or a dirty mexican packet of chinese fent which are you going to do? alcohol and cigarettes arent exactly the most beautiful or non addictive thing on the planet. thats the nastiest shit ive ever tried.