• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Why don't Stims work for me?

Maybe you just don't respond well to those specific stimulants. I don't remember all the ones you listed but I remember Ritalin and Vyvanse. I only tried Ritalin (actually it was the generic ingredient which I'm too lazy to try and spell correctly atm, in a capsule so I think it was extended release, I don't recall the dosage or anything tho) once a pretty long time ago. If I remember correctly I had no stimulant tolerance at the time. Instead of a typical stim high it made me mellow and euphoric it was strange. Vyvanse worked some for me but I would have very inconsistent results from it. Some days it'd cause a distinct yet fairly weak stimulant high, others it felt as strong as other amphetamines I'd tried and sometimes it didn't do anything whatsoever, it was all the same dose I was at around the same tolerance and everything but it didn't seem to matter. I switched to Adderall which I took without problems forever then suddenly it started causing extreme panic, paranoia and general dysforia so I switched to Dexedrine which is by far the strongest + smoothest amphetamine I've ever had with euphoria as good as coke.

Also I remembered Vyvanse (levoamphetamine) is a prodrug that is inactive until it's metabolized into the active dextroamphetamine (the active ingredient in Dexedrine and one of the active ingredients in Adderall) when it passes through the liver. I'm not sure if it's possible for this particular drug but I know some people lack certain liver enzymes necessary to metabolize certain drugs into their active metabolites and therefore can't get the effects most people do, just a thought maybe you could look further into.

Kinda unrelated but, you may not be rested after enough sleep because of sleep apnea.