• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Why don't I feel Kratom anymore?

So I think I'll give Kratom one more shot today because im going out tonight and I have a huge batch coming in. My original strain was white Bali and that's when I started to feel the best effects. Then I tried white Bali from another source and it was still good, but already slightly lowering.

Here's what I have access to strain wise, any suggestions?

White Bali (from second source)
White Borneo
Thai Maeng Da (haven't tried)
White Maeng Da
White Sumatra (haven't tried)
Green Bali (haven't tried)
Red Hulu (haven't tried)

I was thinking 3-4 teaspoons which is 7.5-10 grams, I could try to take more this time.

Should I try something like taking grapefruit before hand? I also always leave atleast 4-6 hours after eating so my food digests

So I think I'll give Kratom one more shot today because im going out tonight and I have a huge batch coming in. My original strain was white Bali and that's when I started to feel the best effects. Then I tried white Bali from another source and it was still good, but already slightly lowering.

White Borneo
White Maeng Da
Red Hulu (haven't tried)

I was thinking 3-4 teaspoons which is 7.5-10 grams, I could try to take more this time.

Should I try something like taking grapefruit before hand? I also always leave atleast 4-6 hours after eating so my food digests
Thai meang da is very good. Most euphoric ,/ mood bosting strain imo

Thai meang da is very good. Most euphoric ,/ mood bosting strain imo

Yep that's what I take. I did Bali (I think?) once and it was nice but Maeng da is cool for a mood booster and helps you focus during work.

Yep that's what I take. I did Bali (I think?) once and it was nice but Maeng da is cool for a mood booster and helps you focus during work.

Turns out I wont have access to that strain today :( I was expecting it in the mail but I believe my vendor messed up.

My order was for a 125g sample pack of 5 different strains. I recieved a package of 10g sample pack of Red Malay, a strain I didn't even choose lol.

Im very disappointed

Just utse on kratom liver damage
That's a side effect that a small percentage of people experience. Usually those who it happens to notice the problems either immediately or within a few doses. I've seen numerous posts from daily users who have had liver tests done and everything came back normal. I haven't had any tests for proof but I've taken literally kilos of kratom over the years, mostly in the past 3 and haven't seen any symptoms of liver damage.

Kratom is not safe. It's relatively hepatoxic for such a weak drug m

Bullshit.

There's a VERY rare low percentage of people who get liver damage from Kratom and it is almost always within their first few doses or first few weeks of use.

I've been using for 2 years and I've had check ups and my liver is fine.

I don't think Kratom is hepatoxic I think there are certain people who's livers can't metabolize it just like some Asians have livers which can't metabolize alcohol.

Kratom in itself is IMO relatively safe.

White Borneo
White Maeng Da
Red Hulu (haven't tried)

Just FYI when you discuss strains it will have no meaning to anyone else unless they get their strains from EXACTLY the same vendor as you.

One vendor's white maeng da is quite possibly the same as another's bali or another's green malay.

At least this is what I've HEARD here and on other forums, that strains are not consistent across vendor.

It's not like you talk about a sativa in terms of weed and every user knows what you mean.

With Kratom you might as well be taking any strain cause usually no one else knows what you actually have or how it will effect them to take the same stuff so IMO there's no point in even bringing strains up online for the most part.

Just buy whatever you think works for you.

Unless you could discuss vendors of course, but we aren't allowed to do that here, so there's no point.

Also, in my personal experience grapefruit juice hasn't done anything either.

Might just be a phase. I went thought a period when it would just make me sick as. I thought I would never be able to enjoy krat again. But I tried again a long time later (year(s)) and it was bliss again. Just forget about it for a while. It will comeback when the time is right.

Bullshit.

There's a VERY rare low percentage of people who get liver damage from Kratom and it is almost always within their first few doses or first few weeks of use.

I've been using for 2 years and I've had check ups and my liver is fine.

I don't think Kratom is hepatoxic I think there are certain people who's livers can't metabolize it just like some Asians have livers which can't metabolize alcohol.

Kratom in itself is IMO relatively safe.
Me too, lots o kratom and good health :) And I say if 2 tsp don't give ya an analgesic effect and a nice buzz you got shitty stuff or need to taper down. imho :)

Me too, lots o kratom and good health :) And I say if 2 tsp don't give ya an analgesic effect and a nice buzz you got shitty stuff or need to taper down. imho :)

Well, I have to disagree on the "2 tsp" comment.

I haven't been able to get high off 2tsp for 2 years hahaha.

I'm about to take a SEVERAL month break after tonight, but I've needed at least 12-14 grams OR MORE to get high for more than a year now.

My tolerance is MASSIVE.

About 2 years ago I discovered Kratom and started at around 5 grams, then 7, 9, 12, 14 and it just kept growing and growing.

At one time I needed an ounce a day to get high!!!

Then I stopped for 90 days and it went back to 14 grams and I've been dosing 14 grams for months now...sometimes up to 18 in a dose.

It's just a lot of powder and extra money but my body handles it fine.

But like I said, I'm going on a break now.

NOT in order to regain tolerance, for other reasons, just need to focus on some other things, but hopefully along with that I get a lower tolerance when I finally do use kratom again EVENTUALLY.

Hey guys! Turns out the tsp measuring system is really shitty! I need to invest in a scale. Anyways I got a 10gram sample in the mail from my vendor, so I decided to take it all last night since it was weighed out for me already. And my god! It was almost double the powder I usually get when I take 2-3 teaspoons!! It made me think that I've just been seriously underdosing lately? Anyways I got really high last night off 10g of red Malay. Really high. On the verge of a really nice opiate buzz. Then I took a hit of weed, really small as Kratom high is very delicate. This pushed me to the next level and I was having a full blown opioid/opiate high for a few hours. Amazing! And everything worked out with my vendor. Im not sure if im allowed to mention vendors on here but turns out my specific vendor has amazing customer service.

I emailed them and recieved an email back in 2 minutes with them apologizing for the mix up and they then re-shipped my whole order PLUS more sample packages for the inconvience.

On a side note, what are some signs of liver failure from Kratom? I haven't been feeling amazing lately, mostly stomach issues

Hey guys! Turns out the tsp measuring system is really shitty! I need to invest in a scale. Anyways I got a 10gram sample in the mail from my vendor, so I decided to take it all last night since it was weighed out for me already. And my god! It was almost double the powder I usually get when I take 2-3 teaspoons!! It made me think that I've just been seriously underdosing lately? Anyways I got really high last night off 10g of red Malay. Really high. On the verge of a really nice opiate buzz. Then I took a hit of weed, really small as Kratom high is very delicate. This pushed me to the next level and I was having a full blown opioid/opiate high for a few hours. Amazing! And everything worked out with my vendor. Im not sure if im allowed to mention vendors on here but turns out my specific vendor has amazing customer service.

I emailed them and recieved an email back in 2 minutes with them apologizing for the mix up and they then re-shipped my whole order PLUS more sample packages for the inconvience.

On a side note, what are some signs of liver failure from Kratom? I haven't been feeling amazing lately, mostly stomach issues
I think Jaundice like symptoms such as yellowy eyes and/or super dark urine.
I get stomach issues when I ingest too much kratom powder. I have to limit my dosage to 1/2 tablespoon max

Your teaspoon may be smaller. I used rounded measured spoons from the pharmacy so if I use 1 tsp, I am 100% sure that it's 1 tsp. I also have weighing scale and measured 1 rounded tsp of Kratom which comes out at ~3 grams.

Last edited:
It's weird, I've been using cooking tsp as a measurement system, but this sample bag said 10 grams and was about 2x more powder than normal. I have a scale but it's really bad, it did manage to weigh out the Kratom to 10grams. I put it into 00 gel caps, filled as much as possible and it made 15 pills!! When I tried to put 3 tsps into gel caps it only made 7... Weird

A week and a half break is not long enough. If you were using in regularly for 2-3 months you'd probably need at least 3 weeks to get that feeling you're looking for again. Yeah...try the month.

It's weird, I've been using cooking tsp as a measurement system, but this sample bag said 10 grams and was about 2x more powder than normal. I have a scale but it's really bad, it did manage to weigh out the Kratom to 10grams. I put it into 00 gel caps, filled as much as possible and it made 15 pills!! When I tried to put 3 tsps into gel caps it only made 7... Weird
My weighing scale sucks too so I can't be sure. There are some discrepencies, I always get different measurements when I measure 1 tsp. Sometimes, it shows 2g on the scale, sometimes higher. It depends on how much powder you scoop up, so you may have very well been taking a lower dose than you thought.

All I know is when I first started Kratom I could toss and wash that shit like a boss. But now I can't even smell it without gaggin lol. So I've veen manually putting it into gel caps!! Do you find Kratom fucks with your digestive track?

All I know is when I first started Kratom I could toss and wash that shit like a boss. But now I can't even smell it without gaggin lol. So I've veen manually putting it into gel caps!! Do you find Kratom fucks with your digestive track?
My stomach makes weird noises. The more kratom powder so ingest, the more it rumbles. I gagged and threw up all over my self and everywhere the other day during a toss and wash with water, as I ran out of orange juice. My mother won't take kratom unless I cap them for her. Lol.

A lot of the discrepancy probably comes from the way people are measuring kratom with a rounded teaspoon. This is not such an accurate way to measure because the "rounded" part can vary considerably. Especially from one person to the next. Your rounded teaspoon might be a mountain while mine is a tiny hill. Just a guess, but I could probably get 1-3tsp to sit on top of a teaspoon. That is quite a variance.

I'm sure the consistency, volume, coarseness, ect of powder varies batch to batch as well. Using volume (a teaspoon measurement) is not all that accurate when the consistency (density) of the material is not always the same. The accurate way to weigh kratom is with a scale, obviously.

Usually those who it happens to notice the problems either immediately or within a few doses.
Wrong. Onset usually occurs 3-8 weeks after cronic use. I think the severity of it's 'rarity' will lessen as more and more people use kratom. I would say it's only been popular for maybe 10 years, a lot is to be learned about this plant yet.

Im sure Kratom isn't the most healthy thing you can put in your body. I wish there were some more studies shown. I recently got blood work and I was pretty good. Im going to get some more in a month or two as well to moniter my liver and as well my testosterone