• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why does the Media lie about Meth quality to the public

Dimebagdonny

Bluelighter
I'm getting sick of hearing all the Media hype about saying "Meth quality is now more pure than it has ever been" when the shit totally SUCKS ass now. If the "purity" is higher then why is it totally shit? I personally think all most of the shit is ISO (Isopropylbenzalmine) from Mexico, and the cartels have something set up with the media to say that so people would start doing it more. Or something along them lines.

It definitely ain't worth a fuck compared to the shit that was around 15 +/- years ago

Yeah fuck the media.
Shit now and days takes 5-10 fat lines for me to feel anything and that's only if I wait 4 days without using. Plus my dopamine uptake is blocked off by antipsychotic injection I take so I hardly feel meth.
It pisses me off because the media should be talking about how the mental health system is destroying patients lives by giving them a injection that blocks dopamine thus making it impossible to be happy.

Yeah fuck the media.
Shit now and days takes 5-10 fat lines for me to feel anything and that's only if I wait 4 days without using. Plus my dopamine uptake is blocked off by antipsychotic injection I take so I hardly feel meth.
It pisses me off because the media should be talking about how the mental health system is destroying patients lives by giving them a injection that blocks dopamine thus making it impossible to be happy.
What's the antipsychotic injection?

I'm getting sick of hearing all the Media hype about saying "Meth quality is now more pure than it has ever been" when the shit totally SUCKS ass now. If the "purity" is higher then why is it totally shit? I personally think all most of the shit is ISO (Isopropylbenzalmine) from Mexico, and the cartels have something set up with the media to say that so people would start doing it more. Or something along them lines.
Maybe they mean Chinese or North Korean meth? Or meth made in which ever country you are from? I have never used crank, crystal meth, ice, etc. but I know people who have in the 1970s up until today they said how in the past the crystal meth they had was better.

“If you go to somebody’s house it is a polite way to greet somebody by offering them a sniff,” said Lee Saera, 43, of Hoeryong, also interviewed in China. “It is like drinking coffee when you’re sleepy, but ice is so much better.”

Last edited:
Maybe they mean Chinese or North Korean meth? Or meth made in which ever country you are from? I have never used crank, crystal meth, ice, etc. but I know people who have in the 1970s up until today they said how in the past the crystal meth they had was better.

“If you go to somebody’s house it is a polite way to greet somebody by offering them a sniff,” said Lee Saera, 43, of Hoeryong, also interviewed in China. “It is like drinking coffee when you’re sleepy, but ice is so much better.”
Because the majority of the meth in the U.S is from Mexico. And that being a major problem, is where the media mentions " Mexican meth in the U.S is cheaper and now more pure than ever" crock of shit.

Because the majority of the meth in the U.S is from Mexico. And that being a major problem, is where the media mentions " Mexican meth in the U.S is cheaper and now more pure than ever" crock of shit.
Ok I have friends from the West Coast USA. They have had crank, crystal methamphetamines, ice, both the type made by cooks locally and the type you mentioned, before they stopped using it and they said how in the past the quality was better usually. With the meth that was sold as crank in the 1970s and 1980s they said how it was not as good as crystal methamphetamine, or high quality tweak.

Ok I have friends from the West Coast USA. They have had crank, crystal methamphetamines, ice, both the type made by cooks locally and the type you mentioned, before they stopped using it and they said how in the past the quality was better usually. With the meth that was sold as crank in the 1970s and 1980s they said how it was not as good as crystal methamphetamines, or high quality tweak.
Yeah I'm from Oregon to. I'm 24 and my mom and dad were doing crank back in the day. Or a.k.a. PROPEDOPE. And they saying that shit was WAY better than any crystal now days. All dope made locally is probably better than any of the shit coming from mexico..

Yeah I'm from Oregon to. I'm 24 and my mom and dad were doing crank back in the day. Or a.k.a. PROPEDOPE. And they saying that shit was WAY better than any crystal now days. All dope made locally is probably better than any of the shit coming from mexico..
My friends who were addicted to or who had used meth in the mid 1970s through early 2000s are in their 50s and 60s, from Northern and Southern California, and said how the crank or crystal methamphetamines and methedrine pills kept them awake for days, and it was of better quality than the meth they had slipped up and used after around 2008 and for sure in 2017.

I know others who tried crank or meth sold as 'speed' once or twice in the early and late 1980s and it was a lot more strong than Dexedrine or racemic amphetamines like what Adderall is today in 2020 or what were black beauties. They said 1-2 lines snorted kept them awake for two days. The one friend said how it was like snorting ammonia so I have no idea which type that would be?

That's not what annoys me, what annoys and outrages me is how the media always acts like chemistry is like cooking food. And suggest that all the precursors and dangerous chemicals used in the synthesis are "ingredients", like they're just sitting in the meth unchanged.

And as always I think the reason is twofold. Ignorance and sensationalism. They don't know any better a lot of the time, and sensationalism is too lucrative to be honest most of the rest of the time.

Today most people get their "news" from the internet, so clicks on links is the goal for propaganda companies. The headline is what pushes the narrative, and the information, if any actual information, is found on page three of the article.

Aside from the occasional iffy bag, the stuff i get on the regular is great. Only thing that's changed is me. I dont get nearly as high as i did 15+ years ago and i don't expect to ever again.
After your first couple years with the stuff your synaptic responses become down-regulated resulting in an increased "baseline" every time you reach a new peak.
I found i was able to sustain and even surpass high after high for that window of time, the first few years. Then you plateau and kind of just get stuck there and you end up becoming convinced the quality of the drugs are to blame, when it's really just you.

Everything i've read up on about isopropylbenzalmine is that it's used as a straight up substitute for real meth (meaning it isn't/can't be recrystalized as a cutting agent) and that it's showed up only sporadically every few years for unknown reasons.
So as far as Iso goes, if you have a suspect bag it's either gonna all be fake, or just pieces mixed in with the real stuff. And there's no telling who could be responsible for that but i'm betting it's people further down the totem pole.
There's a reason why 9 out of 10 people you see complaining about how "today's meth is garbage" always seem to be long term users lol.
Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg

Last edited:
the quality of the meth that I was around was the reason I stopped. I know most people obviously enjoy pure methamphetamine. Im guessing 90%+, so as a person who loves to eat and sleep, and remember stuff, getting high on meth stopped me from those activities (lol who could of guessed). Lower quality stuff I could actually sleep and eat within 24 hours during a period of mild to moderate tolerance. With the "good shit" id be up towards 30 just from a good session. The quality never changed either. Massive massive amounts of pure, quality crystal. Not like the shake n bake days before the psudeofed crackdown.

Bottom line is until someone is able to obtain many many samples of dope from around the country and have them all lab tested, we're never going to know the exact purity of today's meth. It's all just personal accounts and hearsay.

Very true man, theres so many factors to consider when comparing quality, its nearly impossible to determine without proper lab testing.