• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Why does my stomach hurt when i smoke meth?

Dimebagdonny

Bluelighter
I have googled this but don't think I found a answer that I was looking for or understood.
So 9 times out of 10 when I smoke meth makes my stomach hurt. Even after I go take a shit or when I don't have to go, it still hurts. And it doesn't affect anyone else I smoke with like it does me. Every great once in a while, I can smoke and smoke and my stomach is totally fine. Like when I was frying on ACID I puffed that down like a chimney. Or sometimes I think it might be the dope. I suspect that most of the shit they call "meth" now days is Isopropylbenzalmine (ISO) and maybe that has something to do with it? My stomach didn't always hurt when I used to smoke. Like first few years or so j started doing it when I was 15. Then after that seems like slowly started hurting more and more.
It doesn't hurt when I snort it or shoot it. Well when I'm rushing from doing a fat shot then yeah but it's only for a few minutes and isn't the same.
If anyone has any information, advice or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you all very much so for all your time.

Do you think long term of this happening could be fatal or lead to some sort of stomach cancer or disease?

Last edited:
Uh have you eaten a good amount before dosing your meth? Could be hunger pangs masked by the appetite suppression, causing a strange stomach pain that seems random. I have it happen even just with caffiene sometimes if I forget to eat all day and get super focused on something. It's weird cause you dont feel hungry at all but once the food starts to digest you are like " oh thank fuck."

You mention trying to make a bowel movement is it your upper abdomen or lower abdomen that the pain is focused?

Thank you so much for your reply. Much appreciated.
I usually always have something in my stomach. But it has hurt for either times with and without anyfood. And I don't think i get upper abdominal pain. It's in the same are where you feel when you get gas. But most of the time i don't have any gas. Pain level isn't that much but some times.

Is it possible that you are swallowing a lot of air? With a dry mouth like when you are on meth, if you swallow it's very likely some air will go down.
Maybe you're doing it subconsciously, I do it sometimes when my mouth is super dry.
If it's air bubbles you should be able to feel them moving by pressing around the area that hurts with your fingertips.

it is giving you anxiety and as a result you have an increased production of acid
I feel like this sounds like the best possibility. You can have anxiety in good bad ways right? But then I have gotten anxiety without stomach aches and seems very ironic that I get it almost every time when I smoke. I'm sorry I don't mean to like shut you guys down on your answers.

it is giving you anxiety and as a result you have an increased production of acid
But pain from acid would be located in the upper part of the body. Basically where the sternum is. I suffer from gastritis so I'm very, very familiar with acid pain.
You don't get a bellyache, which is what OP seemed to describe.
Anxiety could cause a bellyache, though.

Tightness clenching of the rectal muscles (just like your jaw)can lead to up hill problems in the intestine amd stomach

But pain from acid would be located in the upper part of the body. Basically where the sternum is. I suffer from gastritis so I'm very, very familiar with acid pain.
You don't get a bellyache, which is what OP seemed to describe.
Anxiety could cause a bellyache, though.
You get reflux, the acid reaches even the mouth sometimes, giving aphthas

You get reflux, the acid reaches even the mouth sometimes, giving aphthas
I don't doubt that meth could cause acid reflux. I was just saying the pain from acid reflux wouldn't be felt in the lower belly. That pain there isn't acid reflux but you could very well have acid reflux too in addition to belly pain for some other reason.
I have had acid reflux all my life and the pain is in the chest.

I don't doubt that meth could cause acid reflux. I was just saying the pain from acid reflux wouldn't be felt in the lower belly. That pain there isn't acid reflux but you could very well have acid reflux too in addition to belly pain for some other reason.
I have had acid reflux all my life and the pain is in the chest.
It is a set of symptoms, the pain in the lower belly is likely psychological, due to high levels of anxiety which, in turn, will also generate the reflux and the pain in the chest so that both symptoms may appear at the same time

I get this and I'm pretty sure it's because i'm swallowing air/smoke and it's irritating my stomach. Possibly due to my type of pipe/poor smoking technique.

It's a dull pain, lower stomach? On right hand side for me. That or my organs/lower lungs are not happy. Only get it after doing a certain amount but happened both times I tried it.

I have googled this but don't think I found a answer that I was looking for or understood.
So 9 times out of 10 when I smoke meth makes my stomach hurt. Even after I go take a shit or when I don't have to go, it still hurts. And it doesn't affect anyone else I smoke with like it does me. Every great once in a while, I can smoke and smoke and my stomach is totally fine. Like when I was frying on ACID I puffed that down like a chimney. Or sometimes I think it might be the dope. I suspect that most of the shit they call "meth" now days is Isopropylbenzalmine (ISO) and maybe that has something to do with it? My stomach didn't always hurt when I used to smoke. Like first few years or so j started doing it when I was 15. Then after that seems like slowly started hurting more and more.
It doesn't hurt when I snort it or shoot it. Well when I'm rushing from doing a fat shot then yeah but it's only for a few minutes and isn't the same.
If anyone has any information, advice or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you all very much so for all your time.

Do you think long term of this happening could be fatal or lead to some sort of stomach cancer or disease?
Following this because I get the WORST gas pains - can’t determine if it’s phantom or excess air or what. I have found GasX or Phazyme lessen it but the higher I get the more obsessed (of course 😂) I become with it. No one else I know experiences this weirdness. Glad to have company! 😂

Following this because I get the WORST gas pains - can’t determine if it’s phantom or excess air or what. I have found GasX or Phazyme lessen it but the higher I get the more obsessed (of course 😂) I become with it. No one else I know experiences this weirdness. Glad to have company! 😂
Don’t know much about meth but the pains the two of you are describing sound a lot like IBD. If other IBD symptoms are at all familiar or it happens sober, you may want to start a food journal and get on top of it before it becomes a serious problem.

I have it after smoking or snorting I have chronic gastritis too and sometimes like now I did sub and meth and even with it alone my lower left side there's burning and gassy. I lay down and feel like I'm going to shit myself but go to the bathroom and can't get it out. I think it's muscles constricting because my arms get tightness Everytime. Never had bad stomach this bad till I started this in May. You probably ask why I keep doing it? Well I'm 51 have been dealing with a lot of relationship problems on top of spinal stenosis, vascular necrosis COPD and degenerate disc disease. I quit drinking alcohol about 5 months ago for my marriage and health but nothing is getting better so I gave up. But anyways I do it to feel no pain to do my husbandly duties. Meth is hard to quit when it helps you to ignore problems and gives you motivation. I don't go crazy a . 75 lasts me 3 days so I'm not a heavy user but physically it's not helping. So anyways I relate and hope you feel better.

i get that too and i think its something to do with it not being actual methits more like NOPE instead of DOPE and it is per batch like when it happens its alway all in the same score and it completely takes me down my bones and joints grt tense and my stomach is nauseous major headache the whole 9 so to speak and the only way to knock it out is pray u get some legit shit and if its good ur back to your norm ...idk bout u but thats what it gets me like and if it were gas hunger etc how come as soon as you get REALshit it goes away IMMEDIATELY????

Glad seem this thread is relatively new and I can actually respond to it. Figured that my Google search would lead me into the archives of blue light from 10 years ago.

I have experienced this several times lately too. It tends to only happen when I smoke copious amounts . I do think it’s a gas related pain, although I can’t feel air bubbles and it’s a very different pain than the sharpened agony that you get when you have an explosive fart travelling slowly through your tract.

My speculation is that it’s actual meth vapour that is trapped in my digestive tract. I’ve noticed it when I have this pain, I also tend to have nearly constant gas - yes, nearly constant, as in fart to fart with minimal, if any, intervals in between the tremendously satisfying, fly-dropping, breakroom-clearing release of toxic fumes and the immediate gurgling and brewing of a new noxious potion in the chambers - and that my stool becomes loose and gross and floaty despite still being able to clog toilets.

Considering I only use amphetamines while I’m on opiates, and that my average shit is the size of my forearm and necessitates the use of stool softeners and laxatives, it’s a wonder that I’m shitting at all.

My highly unprofessional conclusion is that the irritation and pain is caused by trapped meth vapour agitating the tissue in my digestive tract and my tract, as a result, tries to to force it out. Should also mention that my burps tend to smell like shit when this happens.

When the vapour reaches my lower intestine, it seems to stimulate or somehow otherwise loosen and wreak havoc on my stools which are normally more solid than the average leaden baseball bat.

Not sure if this is related, but this whole situation happened again today. Before reaching the conclusion, during my first poop, I smoked a whole bunch more. After this, I fell into a nearly comatose state marked by nausea and indigestion. Luckily the manager of the café that I was in insisted that she plunge away the remains of my shame despite my embarrassed pleas to let me do it on my own, and allowed me to rest with my face in my arms on a table in the back, occasionally coming to feed me Gatorade.

After the nap I felt fine but the relentless farts endured. Now after a few frugal hours in which I fueled my car thanks to some innovation, a hose, and a bit of lube, the stomach discomfort has returned although ive smoked very little speed since and can’t say say i really relish the thought of doing it again.

My highly unprofessional conclusion is that the irritation and pain is caused by trapped meth vapour agitating the tissue in my digestive tract and my tract, as a result, tries to to force it out. Should also mention that my burps tend to smell like shit when this happens.
Meth, and most central nervous system stimulants, stimulate the digestive system indirectly (all of those organs are also managed by the brain).
I don't think meth vapor reaches the intestines, any amount that manages to get there comes from the bloodstream (as it gets distributed all over the body).

Update - certainly related. Just smoked a mixed bowl of down and side (h nd meth). Immediately such catastrophic explosions tore through my unprepared bum and two layers of fabric, such putrid emissions that all of the women within a ten block radius, despite being asleep and separated by concrete walls and several states of consciousness, promptly began sleepwalking any direction that brought them further from me and my newly rebellious cockblocking gas problem
Meth, and most central nervous system stimulants, stimulate the digestive system indirectly (all of those organs are also managed by the brain).
I don't think meth vapor reaches the intestines, any amount that manages to get there comes from the bloodstream (as it gets distributed all over the body).
Really? I suppose I could see there being a decent case for only liquids and solid stuff getting through but that means you’re sayunf swallowed air also doesn’t make it through the GI tract.