• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

WHY does Clonazapam give me energy?

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
When I did a quick search on Google, some site just said "if taken in small doses, it may give energy but in larger doses it will probably cause sleepiness." I have taken smaller and larger doses at a time when I had ZERO tolerance to any Benzo and I got energized and talkative and social after taking it. The website did not answer the WHY? What is the scientific reason behind this. Are people who are energized by opiates also energized by certain Benzos?

I had a friend that had the same effects from GABAergics. We dont chill anymore. Suppose it's just body chemistry.

perhaps because of its effects on inhibition and lack of anxiety allows you to go out and about without a care

Very reasonable explanation. More than my youtube search and google searches could find. Also the chemistry part of it; physiologically, I feel a strange kind of prolonged mild euphoria on these long-acting(I know) benzos such as clonaz.

Very reasonable explanation. More than my youtube search and google searches could find. Also the chemistry part of it; physiologically, I feel a strange kind of prolonged mild euphoria on these long-acting(I know) benzos such as clonaz.
they do have the ability to cause euphoria, which stems from the anxiety relief when i at one point in time took like 14mg of clonazepam i sat on my bed looking out of my window at the snow fall and was at peace with the world and just felt amazing, don't take those doses though if youre not tolerant already

they do have the ability to cause euphoria, which stems from the anxiety relief when i at one point in time took like 14mg of clonazepam i sat on my bed looking out of my window at the snow fall and was at peace with the world and just felt amazing, don't take those doses though if youre not tolerant already

I love this Forum. Just honest people that have real user experiences and sharing that knowledge and personal experience so freely without judgement of each other. Peace brother. And yes I have smoked like 7 cans(homemade pipes) of Rock resin before too. ha about 6 months ago.

If your full of Anxiety and then take a benzo the relief can feel euphoric, however if ur not in anxiety and then take a benzo u wont get the same level of euphoria or if any at all.

If your full of Anxiety and then take a benzo the relief can feel euphoric, however if ur not in anxiety and then take a benzo u wont get the same level of euphoria or if any at all.
Not true, if you take enough ( not endorsing) you can and will get a nice euphoric high but you shouldnt really go for that tbh, better things to get euphoria from

ALSO if youre not tolerant, youll just blackout

You know I don’t think there’s always a valid explanation for questions like this, especially pertaining to benzos.

Benzos are just so weird, to me anyway. How come sometimes I get a euphoric feeling when I take Xanax, and sometimes I don’t?

How come I get the hardcore munchies from Xanax?

Why do I take more and more Xanax, against my better judgment?

You know I don’t think there’s always a valid explanation for questions like this, especially pertaining to benzos.

Benzos are just so weird, to me anyway. How come sometimes I get a euphoric feeling when I take Xanax, and sometimes I don’t?

How come I get the hardcore munchies from Xanax?

Why do I take more and more Xanax, against my better judgment?
Because it makes you lose inhibition, so you do whatever the fuck you want without a care in the world m8 its essentially alcohol in a pill, but better and more positive effects and you only feel euphoric from it if you have anxiety whether you know it or not, the relief is what gives you that 'ahhhhhhh' feel

Makes a lot of sense. But again, what is the DEFINITIVE SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION TO THE TOPIC QUESTION? Anyone?

Because it makes you lose inhibition, so you do whatever the fuck you want without a care in the world m8 its essentially alcohol in a pill, but better and more positive effects and you only feel euphoric from it if you have anxiety whether you know it or not, the relief is what gives you that 'ahhhhhhh' feel

No offense but I think that’s a poor answer. And trust me I’ve heard the whole “euphoria from anxiety” explanation.

I’ve taken Xanax in the most anxiety-provoking situations, for example, sentencing in court. It did not provide any euphoria whatsoever. OTOH I’ve taken it when just sitting bored on my bed and felt a euphoric wave come over me. Then subsequently took it again at a later date in the same situation and felt no euphoria.

Makes a lot of sense. But again, what is the DEFINITIVE SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION TO THE TOPIC QUESTION? Anyone?
There may be no one answer, it could come down to how you feel that day, your nutrition etc