• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Why do u preffer pills to alcohol??

id rather a night out rolling rather then drinking. few different reasons... i can have a good convo with someone whereas when im having a drunkenness convo i get the " fuck off i dont wanna talk to you stupid drunken cunt" look from most girls. i can still comprehend every situation clearly when im rolling but with alcohol i get a bit stupid to say the least. the next day i can still remember everything i did and most of the times look back and say damm i had a great night but with drinking i wake up the next day and cant remember much of the night and honestly dont want to.

I only take doses of under 150mg at a frequency of less than every two weeks, and I take megadoses of antioxidants and minerals. I don't like to 'go out on the pills' - what a waste of good MDMA imo - I prefer to stay at home and listen to (mostly non-techno) music and write out my inner thoughts, discover solutions to shit that's bugging me, and generally take full advantage of my open heart chakra

Alcohol is excellent. As an industrial solvent. But I am simply NOT interested in shutting my mind down - ayahuasca broke me of that. The only downer drugs I have ever really seemed to enjoy are the opiates and I only ever take those on rare occasion, because of the hideous nature of my withdrawal experience from painkillers after a bad bike accident and the unfortunate 'memory' of one's opiate receptors...

The reason i prefer it is simply because something better came along.

It's like your a kid play in the sandpit and someone offers you a chance to play with a tonka truck. All of a sudden you look back and go "pfft why did i ever play with sand"

Alcohol has its place, but MDMA is perfect. I can't wait for the day when it is more popular than alcohol (far off dream i know), but damn thatd be sweet.

funny how everyone seems to go back to the sand pit after 2-3 years

I'm with Strawberry_lovemuffin, I much prefer being chopped to being drunk but can't imagine myself going to see my folks at Xmas, sitting around a dinning table and dropping a pill :) A glass of wine or beer certainly has it's place.

That said, ecstacy is one of the few things that could make me enjoy going back and doing something childish like playing in a sand pit these days. I still have vivid memories of skipping around a bush rave last year with a huge smile feeling like I was 5 years old again. It's just sooooo much fun :D

dh@whyd said:
I'm with Strawberry_lovemuffin, I much prefer being chopped to being drunk but can't imagine myself going to see my folks at Xmas, sitting around a dinning table and dropping a pill :) A glass of wine or beer certainly has it's place.

That said, ecstacy is one of the few things that could make me enjoy going back and doing something childish like playing in a sand pit these days. I still have vivid memories of skipping around a bush rave last year with a huge smile feeling like I was 5 years old again. It's just sooooo much fun :D

You should learn to read as well :) SLM stated

I was just thinking about this the other day. If I had to give up pills (or any drugs for that matter) for alcohol I'd chose alcohol any day. I live for my Friday night glass of wine (okay bottle of wine) after work.. it relaxes me and makes me chill. You can't pop a pill at dinner with friends... a pill doesn't replace a nice cold beer at a barbecue on a Sunday... much as I love pills (and I do, I probably take more than you) alcohol is by far a better social lubricant and versatile substance. I would hope I never have to choose... but if I did, at this stage in my life, I'd choose alcohol. I know for sure I'd rather be holding a glass of red than a pipe or a bong or joint or pill in my 30's and 40's... as long as you can still be reasonable with it, there's nothing wrong with it. I've met as many fake pill-head dickwads as I have alcholic idiots in my time ......

How do you read that she prefers being chopped to being drunk?

You don't have to worry about breth tests while your pilling compared to alcohol. one night out and you could end up in the watch house

Ok, so I've only done pills a few times and I don't think I've gotten a real good pill yet, but I'd still say that I prefer pills to alcohol. That said, I can understand how people might love ecstasy but then lose the magic and turn back to appreciate alcohol. I used to like alcohol but lately it seems that I get a cracker of a hangover anytime I have over 4 drinks.... I'm hoping that if I keep my E use occasional (at LEAST 2 months in between, if not more) and use plenty of supplements (5-HTP, vitamins) then I won't lose the magic and I'll never feel like I have to return to the sandpit. Of course, I can't see ecstasy playing much of a place in my life past 30, other than once in a blue moon for old time's sake - at this point I imagine alcohol will become my preference between the two by default.

speedygonzales said:
You don't have to worry about breth tests while your pilling compared to alcohol. one night out and you could end up in the watch house

That's only if you drink and drive, which you shouldn't do anyway. 8)

Pills are better than grog.

They make you feel better, you have a much longer day/night, you lose inhibitions, make new friends etc...

If it was legal and socially acceptable then christmas with the folks and sunday bbq's would be spent on the pills and would be much more enjoyable without question.

Kinda off the topic but another couple of points;

1. Long term effects and negative adverse effects of pills are not fully understood, so it is a risk taking them and until we substantiate that MDMA is safe ecstasy will never replace alcohol.

2. Raves and "Piller nightclubs" aren't what they used to be. We all meet and get along with new people and make new friends while off guts but the friendliness and happiness has died in a big way. I see rave crowds as young, egotistical and angry these days - not always, but a lot of the time i.e. troubled youths rather than experimental 20 somethings (which it used to be). I didnt take X until I was 21 and it scares me seeing 16 year olds going harder than me, it just seems wrong for some reason - why don't they go play sport or chase their first root thats how I spent my youth and enjoyed it immensely without the rugs.

I avoid raves and go see individual specific artists and electronical type concerts that interest me and have found a crowd that is interested in the same culture/style/things as me. I have found a better more educated crowd at these type of events.

Last edited:
Munchee said:
The tough choice is 'Today should I choose an apple or an orange?'.

take the red pill or take the blue pill

i'd rather a pill then alchol, i find however mixing stuff up in moderation far better then always doing the same stuff.

I only pill 4 times a year maybe, drink excessively 2 times a year perhaps and take wizz 12 times a year maybe.

I know what its like when you are a pill virgin, u dont understand why eveyr1 is not doing it n all... you will learn

Sorry wazza,
What I meant to say was that while I prefer pills to alcohol, I would give up pills before alcohol due to the fact that alcohol is socially acceptable in a wider range of environments and situaions. I can pretty much have a drink at any time with any friends/relatives/work mates etc. in most situations. With pills the options are much more limited. That's what I was agreeing with SLM about. Hope that makes sense... :)

Ravers = Crazy = FUN, Drunks/alchoholics = Crazy = not so much fun. More due to the way you think with the different drugs - Alchohol doesn't so much produce euphoria, just slows the brain down, so when you think "Hey, that cunt wants to smash me" you just whack him one. on MDxx your brain thinks everything is all good, and sped up a little you just think err, meh, and just keep on walkin, or run up and say hi and shake there hand

h-90 said:
That's only if you drink and drive, which you shouldn't do anyway. 8)

You shouldn't be taking drugs and driving either, but don't worry its not long before the RBT's will pick up speed/weed/pills too.

Zaineaol said:
Ravers = Crazy = FUN, Drunks/alchoholics = Crazy = not so much fun. More due to the way you think with the different drugs - Alchohol doesn't so much produce euphoria, just slows the brain down, so when you think "Hey, that cunt wants to smash me" you just whack him one. on MDxx your brain thinks everything is all good, and sped up a little you just think err, meh, and just keep on walkin, or run up and say hi and shake there hand

I disagree its different for everybody, personaly, as wierd as this might sound to some, I feel more euphoric when I'm drunk to when I'm on ecstasy and I know me and my friends definately have alot of crazy fun when we are drunk! I still love to dance and socialize with random people.

Plus drinks taste so much better than chewing on a pill :)

I guess they both have there bonuses but as everyone else has said, alcohol is far more versatile and socially acceptable.