Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Why do some strong pills have a peak that is longer than other strong pills

psy_taco

Bluelighter
I've been wondering about this for a while.

Why do some strong pills last longer than other strong pills?
Example: the red russians were very strong MDMA and MDA pills, they would give you very strong rushes and get you very fucked up, thay said the peak only lasted about 1.5 to 2 hours. On pillreports.com it was widely said that this was the duration of the peak and that although they were strong they didn't have a long duration. You can take weaker pills and they will give you longer but less intense peak, so whats the deal. I understand that levels of MDxx acount for the duration of the peak but is there anythingelse that can account for a strong but very short peak been experienced by many people taking the same pill (ie. not for reasons such as differences between individuals).
Feel free to refer to chemistry or neuroscience in your answers too.

Cheers guys.

I'd imagine diet plays a major part too, along with body weight, and a couple of other little things.

Plus people have differing levels of "fucked up" :\

I'm only speculating but I would say that with the intense pills, with the heavier rushes...you use your serotonin up quicker so they are not going to last as long...the higher the intensity of the pill the less the peak lasts?

Excipients and/ or binders; Some may slow breakup of the tablet and affect absorption. Homogeneity of the tablet ingredients may also affect rates of absorption.

perhaps a small added speed content?
metabolism/stomach contents?
higher ratios of MDA - MDMA?
Tolerance or 5-ht abundance?

As well as the way the pill was pressed and with what like PD said

sorry if I pointed out the obvious :\

I think atmosphere and mindset has alot to do with it, I know for a fact I peak way longer at raves and so do alot of my friends.