• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Why do Roxi's make me pass out?

Straight up oxycodone and Roxicodone should be the same thing and become active at relatively the same time. The IR oxycodone is just the generic for Roxicodone. Unless you got them off the street (which sounds likely cause if scripted them why pay through the roof for name brand when generic can be had at a reasonable price)so if they were street bought they may have been fake/laced with fent or whatnot.

If they came from a pharmacy legitimately then perhaps they were a different brand of generic than you're used to as the active ingredient can vary +/- 20% between brands. Maybe they were on the stronger side of that scale.

EDIT: OP was the oxy formulation that didn't make you pass out Percocet perhaps? You mentioned APAP in one of your posts.

Last edited:
The OP made it obvious it's scripted for bulging discs. Also I think the original script was an acetaminophen oxycodone combo formula (10 mg max dose) while the new script is roxicodone (30 mg max dose). It's possible the different amount of filler played a role in the supposed "OD" although other factors like fatigue/exhaustion could have led to her nodding out, falling asleep, and the immediate assumption being overdose that the Dr apparently said OD was unlikely.

Really who knows what happened at this point

Yeah I figured once APAP was mentioned that the original med must have been Percocet/Endocet/Tylox or the like. If she is getting 30s that's a big jump as the prior mentioned medication comes in 10 max.

When they switched me from Norco 10s 6x a day to Roxicodone 15s 4x a day they didn't knock me on my ass although I'd had experience with oxy before. Just glad I'm not ingesting all that APAP.

Original Poster if you're still following this can you verify your dosage amount of the previous oxy and the Roxis which you had a bad experience with?