• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

why do people enjoy xanax?

from my understanding there are predominantly two groups of people that use xanax. Group 1 is people with anxiety and group 2 is people who black out on it.

Typically yes, but it has an extremely sharp dose/effects curve. If you're in a true panic attack it likely will only help balance you out. But at the same time with low tolerance and non-daily usage, you can easily take a long nap sometimes unintentionally. It's a hard one to get right; best saved for panic or insomnia or intense anxiety.

I don't find benzos recreational whatsoever, they just make me feel less conscious and dumber while not realizing I'm dumber. I also black out easily on them. The buzz is really miniscule compared to almost every other recreational drug and there's no euphoria, except for a few that have a very small amount of euphoria. My postulation is that people who are anxious or for whom being fully conscious and sober is painful are the ones who find benzos recreational, and they're recreational simply because they're really good at removing anxiety and other bad feelings. So the lack of those feelings is like an amazing high.

I only use benzos for knocking myself out at the end of other drugs when I can't sleep. I also keep a vial of etizolam solution handy when I go to music festivals and stuff because it's great for panic attacks. I had one on shit tons of psychedelics last year and 2mg of etizolam turned it from wanting to die to having an amazing night.

When I'm on it, and something that would otherwise set me off into a rage, a panic attack, severe anxiety and such just is a normal occurrence and I handle it like a normal person would and move on.

Most of you probably can't fathom what it's like to live with panic disorder, or PTSD, etc, but it's a lot different. The small things get under our skin. The large things will have us snap and do/say things we otherwise wouldn't if we were properly medicated.

I don't even feel high from xanax. It just helps me live a halfway normal life.

Xanax is a lifesaver for me, but not in the greatest way. I was first prescribed a total of 1.5mg split into three doses at 16 and it was the first time in my life that I felt at peace and not shaking during every waking moment. I've been diagnosed a multitude of different anxiety disorders since age 13, the only consensus among doctors is that it's severe. Because it was the first time in my life I felt calm, things started going my way and I was enjoying my life and functioning for once until my doctor took me off because it was for short term use. Ever since then I went back to my crippling anxiety, somewhat better than before xanax due to SSRIs, abilify, hydroxizene, and Gabapentin (not all at once - cycled between a few SSRIs and one of these for anxiety). Then I was finally given ativan. Didn't do shit. Klonopin. Made me numb but didn't help anxiety and made depression way worse. Gabapentin helped a lot but my doc took me off of it and here I am with xanax again, 1 mg total per day. I will forever have it in the back of my mind that I've only felt like I wasn't in a living hell and constantly fearing everything was when I was on xanax. I'm hoping I can taper off of the xanax soon though and go back to gabapentin because it helped me enormously as well. Like others said, I feel normal on xanax, I feel calm or a more rational stress level, and can enjoy little moments in life. I can't function without it - I was unable to drive, work, or manage college before I got back on it.

I use xanax recreationally sometimes, if you find the right dose it makes you very relaxed and gives good mood, but no euphoria. But it's hard to dose right as it's too easy to get blackout. I can take 4mg without blackout and get the nice effects.

If you suffered from severe anxiety and panic attacks, like me it is a God send. I suffered without help from the ages 11-19. I took a Xanax for the first time then and OMG I finally knew what it felt like to be calm and not scared. You have no idea what a miracle that is if you spent your entire adolescence with multiple panic attacks a day and suddenly HAVING to run out of the classroom in panic etc.

If you suffered from severe anxiety and panic attacks, like me it is a God send. I suffered without help from the ages 11-19. I took a Xanax for the first time then and OMG I finally knew what it felt like to be calm and not scared. You have no idea what a miracle that is if you spent your entire adolescence with multiple panic attacks a day and suddenly HAVING to run out of the classroom in panic etc.
I've never had a panic attack but anxiety yes, but it's not just about getting rid of anxiety, but also the GABA induced relaxation you get., at least what I get even when I'm not anxious.

Yes, the feeling of such relaxation can be quite euphoric and addictive. I actually did end up addicted to benzo's (along with several other prescription meds) and now can't take them.

there is guarantee unless my doctor prescribed fake xanax lol, and i am an anxious person, ill admit it took my anxiety away but in turn my functionality was non existant, i do remember one thing and that was smoking a hash joint, after that blank, before that blank. If i ever do take them again im definitely planning on taking a small dose and mixing with something like an indica strain of weed, or hash as hash tends to be much more of a mellow experience. I do tend to get some anxiety when smoking cannabis so maybe a small bit of xanax will ease it out

EDIT: it did make me sleep like an angel though which is a plus, if I could compare to anything it would definitely be like alcohol without the sickness, nausea etc., its not that I hated the high as such, more like disappointment but like you said I probably took way too many. Delusions of sobriety came into play there too.

Yeah mate so it did was it was supposed to do (lower your anxiety) but you got negative side effects (feeling like a zombie) because it's the "first drug you've ever taken" and you boshed 4mg. Mate when I started on Xanax I was doing 0.5mg doses for anxiety. It worked wonders. Even for an actual panic attack I took 1mg.

Ignore all this hype and dicksizing about how high the doses people can take are, it's all bollocks. Take whatever dose works for you.

And as others already said, the euphoria from Xanax (and most other benzos) comes pretty much exclusively from the anxiety relief. Anything above that's needed for anxiety relief is just gonna make you feel like a monged out zombie.

Since you have a legit script for legit anxiety my advice to you is take it as prescribed instead of trying to see how much you can handle. No good can come of a high dose benzo habit. But much good can come of sensible PRN use of Xanax in therapeutic doses as directed by your physician.

If you're not used to it, 4mg of Xanax is a ridiculous. 0.5mg would be more than enough. 1mg at the very, very most if you're heavy or have very severe anxiety. 4mg and you're going past the euphoria and relaxation and right to zombied. You're lucky you didn't totally black out (and come to several days later with all your pills gone).

Kids surely because they see rappers glamourize it and see it as cool.

Some people because it makes them feel relaxed and because it can be combined with opiates to increase sedation (unsafely).

I don't see the big deal with benzodiazepines personally but I know they're very popular.

I blame the stupid mumble rappers.

It's not even just mumble rappers, they came after the mainstream hip-hop rappers were glamorising it first. Rappers like Lil Wayne, Waka Flocka, and Future were rapping about Xanax way before mumble rap became a trend.

This is from 7 years ago:

Lyrics:

Pay for what girl you better pay for this dick
She the type to fall for two Xans and an outfit
I’m with the Xan crew so it’s hundreds on the floor
My hoes is off in the mo, I be balling ho

(Chorus)
Rooster in my Rari, rooster in my Rari, rooster in my Rari
Okay, flex!
Okay, flex!
These hoes, we done ran through them
Xans we done chewed them, lames better salute them
F-f-flex!
Squad! Squad! Squad!

(...)

Fuck her all night and never call her back
Homerun the pussy every time I swing my bat
Squad!
And if it’s good I’mma double-back
Desperate need, I need some Xans! Where my doctor at?
If it’s good I’ma double-back
Desperate need for them Xans where my doctor at?

In this 2017 article by Bloomberg about brand names in rap, Xanax was just as popular as Rolex, Mercedes-Benz, and Bentley. It tied for all of those as one of the most popular brands in all of rap music.

Impossible that was all mumble rappers, they've only just hit the mainstream, even in 2017 they existed unsigned mainly on Soundcloud and YouTube. It's been driven by mainstream rappers, the mumble rappers just copied the trends from mainstream hip-hop.

Same goes with lean. Mumble rappers talk about that all the time but its popularity in hip-hop traces right back to the 90's.

Last edited:
It's not even just mumble rappers, they came after the mainstream hip-hop rappers were glamorising it first. Rappers like Lil Wayne, Waka Flocka, and Future were rapping about Xanax way before mumble rap became a trend.

This is from 7 years ago:

Lyrics:

Pay for what girl you better pay for this dick
She the type to fall for two Xans and an outfit
I’m with the Xan crew so it’s hundreds on the floor
My hoes is off in the mo, I be balling ho

(Chorus)
Okay, flex!
Okay, flex!
F-f-flex!
Squad! Squad! Squad!

(...)

Fuck her all night and never call her back
Homerun the pussy every time I swing my bat
Squad!
And if it’s good I’mma double-back
Desperate need, I need some Xans! Where my doctor at?
If it’s good I’ma double-back
Desperate need for them Xans where my doctor at?

This was over ten years ago, I think...
(Damn tempus fukit)

This was over ten years ago, I think...
(Damn tempus fukit)

Yes yes that really made a big influence as well. I picked the Waka Flocka one because he's a mainstream artist while Lil Wyte stayed underground.

And now fast forward to 2019 and you have Lil Wayne and Future also glamorising OxyContin...

Yes yes that really made a big influence as well. I picked the Waka Flocka one because he's a mainstream artist while Lil Wyte stayed underground.

And now fast forward to 2019 and you have Lil Wayne and Future also glamorising OxyContin...

Yeah it's crazy. Lil wyte always sticks out in my mind....he's the first one I remember rappin about shit like Xanax and Valium. I'm sure someone could reference many others before him but my knowledge of rap is extremely limited so I'll leave that to somebody else

Yeah it's crazy. Lil wyte always sticks out in my mind....he's the first one I remember rappin about shit like Xanax and Valium. I'm sure someone could reference many others before him but my knowledge of rap is extremely limited so I'll leave that to somebody else

The 2009 album Relapse by Eminem was another huge one. He referenced basically very pharmaceutical in the book.

My favourite track from that album is 3am in which he says:

Swallowin' a Klonopin while I'm noddin' in and out on the ottoman
At the Ramada Inn, holding onto the pill bottle, then
Lick my finger and swirl it 'round the bottom
And make sure I got all of it
Wake up naked at McDonald's with
Blood all over me, dead bodies behind the counter, shit
Guess I must've just blacked out again—not again!

OG hip-hop benzo head haha! Fuck all this "poppin bars" hype he keeps it real. You can tell he had a real benzo habit and wasn't just jumping on any bandwagon.

In the track "Hello" he shows he's a proper fiend and delivers my favourite line from any hip-hop track:

I lose a pill and I'm recklessly wreckin' the house
That was supposed to be breakfast, where the heck is it now?
There's the necklace I lost, right next to Stephanie's blouse
Man, I should check to see if my mom left any out
Nope, guess I'll re-route
Maybe somewhere in the depths of the couch
Oh, jackpot, yeah, open sesame mouth
Down the hatch, and the feeling you can't match it
I rat-tat-tap on your door with a damn ratchet
Attack-tack-tacking a whore with a damn hatchet
A knapsack packed with like forty-some Xanaxes
Shorty come back, I'm tryna score me some lap dances

"Down the hatchet, the feeling you can't match it!"

Then in "My Mom" he goes "my Valium, my Valiuuuuuuum!" You'll often see me singing that while popping blues ?