• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Why do I pass out /fall asleep every time I take oxy and xanax together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganja Gremlin

Bluelighter
I will never make this mistake again ! Such a waste of opiates !
One day after full day of being xanned out I tried taking 20-25 mg of oxy .... then next thing I know booom it's 3 am I just woke up I slept off my entire nod. I like opiates way more than benzos ... so I was pissed . so then I took another 20mg of oxy along with maybe 1.5mg of xanax . I passed out again before even feeling my nod!

Then last night I had been taking xanax all day but it had been like 4 hours since my last dose so I thought it would be fine to take some oxy and guess what .... I passed out again and woke up at 3am... Only difference this time is I remember starting to feel the effects of the opiates but then immediately passed out .

What the hell is it about xanax and oxy that is immediately making me fall asleep when combined ? I also black out . Luckily it only ever happens when I'm laying in bed ... but as someone with a bit of an opiate problem living in a city where for some reason these things r a rip off compared to other parts of Oregon , it Is annoying as fuck to sleep through your entire opiate high and waste like 20 bucks each time .

Last edited:
Its pretty well known combining opioids and benzos is a good way to nod out. Not sure why you expect less. Be careful. Its a good way to pass out forever if you over do it.

Its pretty well known combining opioids and benzos is a good way to nod out. Not sure why you expect less. Be careful. Its a good way to pass out forever if you over do it.
It's not even nodding out though , I just fall asleep and don't remember anything ,
Do you think if I took a smaller dose of xanax that it would make my opiate high better but not make me pass out ?

Probably. Lots of benzos alone can put you to sleep and cause amnesia type things. Add a fair amount of a strong opioid and you increase this risk. If you like opioids more, just stick with them (not gonna go into all the shit about dependence and addiction). If you must, add a small dose of a benzo but I will warn again that it is dangerous.

This is an extremely dangerous drug combination please stop combining both benzos and opiates, and do not combine either with alcohol. A LOT of people have overdosed and died from these combinations, and this includes people who were experienced with both drugs and who had large tolerances to them.

It sounds as though you are taking way too much of a benzo and blacking out or passing out from it.

Opiates would make me feel sort of sedated or nod a lot, when I would take them in low doses on their own or smoke herb on them. I have zero experience with using benzos to get high.

This is an extremely dangerous drug combination please stop combining both benzos and opiates, and do not combine either with alcohol. A LOT of people have overdosed and died from these combinations, and this includes people who were experienced with both drugs and who had large tolerances to them.

It sounds as though you are taking way too much of a benzo and blacking out or passing out from it.

Opiates would make me feel sort of sedated or nod a lot, when I would take them in low doses on their own or smoke herb on them. I have zero experience with using benzos to get high.
Opiates don't make me fall asleep , they make me numb and euphoric. I can't even describe how blissful they feel to me .
Xanax I just take for anxiety and if I am withdrawling from opiates after a binge . I wouldn't reallly say I get high off xanax , but I have PTSD and an anxiety disorder so it feels almost freeing to not have to feel fearful if even for a few hours.

I don't plan on mixing xanax with opiates again , I never wanna waste my oxy high again xD

you should never double down on sedatives, especially opiates and benzos because sometimes you don't wake up.
glad you're okay GG, and yes please never do that again.
closed

Status
Not open for further replies.