Why do I get tracking cookies from the following when using bluelight and Ublock Origin on Firefox?

Tranced

Bluelight Crew
Ello yous x

So, Firefox, Ublock Origin, W10.

I've just noticed that ublock origin is blocking six tracking cookies on this very page. I've accessed the homepage, logged in, and came straight here. The cookies are:

bluelight.org (yip, get it)
www.bluelight.org (yip)
googletagmanager.com (?)
www.googletagmanager.com (?)
imgur.com
i.imgur.com
imgur.map.fastly.net

I also had one from youtube on the main page.

Does this mean that youtube, google and imgur are tracking the use of this website, even when on the homepage and not watching videos or seemingly viewing IMGUR images?

Cheers, just wondering. Can this be blocked?

Ublock origin and firefox block a lot of cookies but they also sell out to certain companies so they dont block everything. Some companies, like ours, are excluded because were small fry. Unknown.

dont worry

Theres literally no way to totally block the internet except not using it.

Does this mean that youtube, google and imgur are tracking the use of this website, even when on the homepage and not watching videos or seemingly viewing IMGUR images?

Likely, because we (ahem, I) use imag.ur for a lot of the images (front page feature slider, how-to's, etc) so knowing they are being loaded they are likely tracking that. Same for google in that we have an admin account for google analytics which has a tracker on every page load so we can measure stats (how many hits, from what countries, at what times, etc). The youtube I can't explain, unless there was a video somewhere being loaded?

Theres literally no way to totally block the internet except not using it.

This. The trade off for surfing is generally cookies. We try to not allow crap, but there are some that are part and parcel for how we operate. The bargain with the devil has been made.

For what it's worth (and at least with my setup anyway):

This site generates exactly one tracking cookie (sorry: I bypass your analytics! :ROFLMAO: ). Imgur is the problem. Once visited and/or logged in there: there's usually no less than 30 tracking cookies generated.

Not sure why this is an issue with some though. As noted by Alex: if you're worried about being tracked on the Internet don't use it. It's pretty much that simple.

Most of the shit anyway are ad trackers and analytics (although there are indeed one or two that come up from time to time, if not blocked, that are of an unidentifiable and possibly dubious nature). And seeing as there are no ads on this site anyway: don't see an issue (mind you: I'd love to see, for fun, what ads a Google AdWords campaign would deem fit to display here! :ROFLMAO: ).

Drones should be of more concern! There's fuck all you can do about the rest (in spite of people thinking otherwise).

Last edited:
For what it's worth (and at least with my setup anyway):

This site generates exactly one tracking cookie (sorry: I bypass your analytics! :ROFLMAO: ). Imgur is the problem. Once visited and/or logged in there: there's usually no less than 30 tracking cookies generated.

Not sure why this is an issue with some though. As noted by Alex: if you're worried about being tracked on the Internet don't use it. It's pretty much that simple.

Most of the shit anyway are ad trackers and analytics (although there are indeed one or two that come up from time to time, if not blocked, that are of an unidentifiable and possibly dubious nature). And seeing as there are no ads on this site anyway: don't see an issue (mind you: I'd love to see, for fun, what ads a Google AdWords campaign would deem fit to display here! :ROFLMAO: ).

Drones should be of more concern! There's fuck all you can do about the rest (in spite of people thinking otherwise).
My name isnt alex yo, no one knows. Now my cookies are filling or something.

Same for google in that we have an admin account for google analytics which has a tracker on every page load so we can measure stats (how many hits, from what countries, at what times, etc).

Some kind of google AI has an administrator account?

There is no way to be "hidden" these days.

edit:
Unless ya rip out sim card, wifi NIC and/or other connection devices.

Last edited: