• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Why do dealers put Fentanyl in things like Cocaine and Amphetamines?

I get why somebody would put fentanyl in their heroin. But putting it in coke or other drugs with a completely different effect profile is just stupid. Theres nothing worse than buying heroin and finding out its meth. This is like that but reversed. Better to put something in with no effect or something cheaper with a similar effect (if you absolutely must).

They simply don't have any coke to sell. It's an expensive ass drug you need to be well connected to get. So a shitty concoction of a bathsalt plus fent to smooth it out is what they make

But WHY would you put it in Coke or Speed? If those buyers don't also use opioids it could very well kill them (and dealers tend to need to work on repeat business) and even if they use opioids anyway or they don't OD...they're IMMEDIATELY going to know you laced their stims with something?
They don't. It makes zero business sense.

Not saying it hasn't happened, more likely it was a one-off, cross contamination experience that someone then went and vented about online and that's how rumors start.

Not saying it hasn't happened, more likely it was a one-off, cross contamination experience that someone then went and vented about online and that's how rumors start.
Are you saying fent-cut coke and speed is "a one-off" where you are, or everywhere?

Because I assure you, it is not a one-off. Fent is dirt cheap. Cocaine is not, even buying kilos.

Easy math.

Are you saying fent-cut coke and speed is "a one-off" where you are, or everywhere?

Because I assure you, it is not a one-off. Fent is dirt cheap. Cocaine is not, even buying kilos.

Easy math.
I never said anything about cost, rather word of mouth taking off within a day when meth heads start dying left and right from fenty overdoses.

I never said anything about cost, rather word of mouth taking off within a day when meth heads start dying left and right from fenty overdoses.
Yeah, I got that - maybe I misread, but as I understood it, you meant that this was not a widespread phenomenon?
That coke and speed cut with fentanyl was rare? Or did I misunderstand? In that case, I apologize.

It's rampant where Iive. In coke, speed, benzos, heroin - you name it and fent is in it.

It just makes no sense. The goal of stepping on your product is boosting your profits by artificially increasing your volume.
The amount of fent needed to make the whole process even practical would kill the first poor bastard to take a hit.
I see no positive outcome for either party by doing such a thing

Last edited:

I agree it makes no sense, but there have been 2 confirmed batches of fent coke in my town that have killed multiple people each time, which is how I know (toxicology reports, and media coverage). That's why I think it's an accident resulting from drug packing facilities down in central America where they are doing all sorts of drugs and putting fent in heroin next to cocaine. Either that, or some REALLY fucked up lower-level dealers who just don't give a fuck or have any idea what they're doing, but that seems less likely. But maybe like someone said, combining a bit of fent with some shitty RC stim to smooth it out and make it feel nicer. But someone mixing fent who doesn't have the proper equipment will create hot spots.

It's happening though.

A number of theories that I agree with:
  • Accidental cross-contamination. The most likely culprit
  • Rumor/urban legend: somewhat related to the above. Maybe.
  • Government sabotage: most unlikely, but the US government poisoned alcohol during Prohibition, and sprayed cannabis fields with toxic chemicals at the height of the drug war, so I wouldn't put it past them honestly.

A little off topic, but a warning to those who use stims.

My friend's brother died from cocaine cut with fentanyl. They all live on a farm a homestead big greek Family 5 siblings, the mother is at her house an hour away retired. Let me add that our friend let's call him James, James had schizophrenia, just mild delusions it really wasn't bad, and no he wasn't medicated. He liked to party he wasn't an addict like me.

James wasn't an addict, he did party occasionally. He did crack maybe twice a year, cocaine a couple of times a year mainly drank and smoked weed. The hard drugs was once and a long while in between, NO IV. Our long-time high school friend lets call him Chance, Chance was our weed dealer for years, and was partners with one of our other friends who became a career dealer. He apparently bought some cocaine for James and it was cut with Fentanyl. At 2am he rushes away from the farm in his car and goes to a car wash. He comes back and there are 3 police and ambulance on the farm. James' younger brother John(fake name), found him dead. John has a learning disability and is emotionally handicapped. Found him blue slumped on his desk with a line under him, dead. He threw up, told my best friend they called 911. Now we could never prove he sold him the drugs, and the police, unfortunately, couldn't get any evidence... My best friend the 2nd oldest brother Elijah, even went and fought him to the point of almost killing the guy because we know the truth..( he didn't call the police on him because he's obviously the one who sold him the drugs, he immediately rushes to a car wash at 2 am, James, must of OD'd and died in front of him) Police report called it an accidental overdose, only one small further investigation couldn't turn up anything...

but long story short, BE CAREFUL with any Stim cut with any Opiate, especially if you've never done opiates and done cocaine 100 times. Fentanyl is so potent and can take you out with the tiniest amount if you have no tolerance to it... Test your shit, take the smallest test amounts, be cautious, as to why they do it, profits purely, fent is cheap.
R.I.P was the night after the Patriots beat Atlanta in the Superbowl.

Last edited:
It just makes no sense. The goal of stepping on your product is boosting your profits by artificially increasing your volume.
The amount of fent needed to make the whole process even practical would kill the first poor bastard to take a hit.
I see no positive outcome for either party by doing such a thing
But it makes sense - when you can buy kilos of fentanyl analogs for pocket change compared to kilos of coke. Together with other cuts you need a miniscule amount of fentanyl to add a narcotic feel to the "coke". The positive outcome for the drug-dealers is that you can turn a good brick into five using cuts.
And if you deal in open drug markets, that is outside, you usually don't have a steady circle of the same returning customers as much as random customers come and go all the time (at least in Sweden/Norway where I've been selling coke and heroin).
It's not like a drug-dealer that operates in open markets with those kind of hard drugs gives two fucks if somebody kneels over, as long as they get paid.

It surprises me that people are surprised that most dealers are completely amoral.

But it makes sense - when you can buy kilos of fentanyl analogs for pocket change compared to kilos of coke. Together with other cuts you need a miniscule amount of fentanyl to add a narcotic feel to the "coke". The positive outcome for the drug-dealers is that you can turn a good brick into five using cuts.
And if you deal in open drug markets, that is outside, you usually don't have a steady circle of the same returning customers as much as random customers come and go all the time (at least in Sweden/Norway where I've been selling coke and heroin).
It's not like a drug-dealer that operates in open markets with those kind of hard drugs gives two fucks if somebody kneels over, as long as they get paid.

It surprises me that people are surprised that most dealers are completely amoral.
Everything you said is correct but you're not concidering the fact that there are plenty (i would say majority) of stimulant users that expect their DOC to feel like a stimulant. Personally if someone sells me speed that makes me nod or to be even slightly sluggish i'm never returning to that dealer again. Tainting the product with fentanyl just ruins it for majority of customers so it would be really bad for the business.

I doubt that adding tiny amounts of fent (so that the user would not be aware he's taking fentanyl) would be effective enough to worth it. It probably wouldn't get people addicted and would therefore be just waste of fentanyl, which the dealer could have sold for a profit. Also it would be extremely difficult to mix the fentanyl with the stimulant in the right ratio so that fentanyl's effects wouldn't owerpower the stimulant's effects.

Everything you said is correct but you're not concidering the fact that there are plenty (i would say majority) of stimulant users that expect their DOC to feel like a stimulant.
Definitely. I agree. But it's also about ratio. Just like a speedball can be either balanced, a bit heavy towards coke or a bit towards heroin.
I can't answer as to what that concoction felt like, since I didn't feel like trying fentanyl. Ever.
Personally if someone sells me speed that makes me nod or to be even slightly sluggish i'm never returning to that dealer again.
Again, I agree. But spread over a few big enough cities, you can sell that off to one time customers by cold cop without really losing your bit off the market.
Tainting the product with fentanyl just ruins it for majority of customers so it would be really bad for the business.
Ýup. Maybe I should've been clearer in my earlier post, but I think that it's really fucked up for several reasons. All I was pointing out, was that it happens. And by happens I don't mean contamination. I mean it get's stretched and cut and sold intentionally. And while it's deplorable, that's how it is. A lot of shit that shouldn't happen, does happen. The economics of the drug trade is a set-up to corrupt. Greed never stops growing.
I doubt that adding tiny amounts of fent (so that the user would not be aware he's taking fentanyl) would be effective enough to worth it. It probably wouldn't get people addicted and would therefore be just waste of fentanyl, which the dealer could have sold for a profit. Also it would be extremely difficult to mix the fentanyl with the stimulant in the right ratio so that fentanyl's effects wouldn't owerpower the stimulant's effects.
Yes. Like I said, I agree that the logic is flawed. So is shoe-polish in black tar, but it occurs. They cut coke with benzos here. Nothing makes sense.
As I understood it, the main part of the buzz is the stimulant, and the fent will obviously reduce the stimulated effect, but instead add a heavier narcotic feel that still works in the background of the amphetamine, for example.

I get why you don't buy it, and that's cool. Here are statistics from the Swedish Police Authority from 2018, where they talk about fentanyl in Sweden.
It's mixed with amphetamine. You can probably find it in English to somewhere. You find it by a simple search in google.
(The file is a pdf)