• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Why do dealers put Fentanyl in things like Cocaine and Amphetamines?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I hear about this happening all of the time - In the US and Canada for sure - and I don't understand?
I don't really get why they'd put Fentanyl in Heroin TBH as there are surely enough people wanting to to Fentanyl anyway. It reminds me of when you're a kid and adults warn you about other kids tricking you into taking drugs. Like, drugs are EXTREMELY popular and there's almost always more demand than there is supply. Nobody needs to be tricking anybody.
But I guess by using Fentanyl they all need a tiny bit so they call sell it extremely heavily cut and have people believe it's atually extremely pure heroin? (For profits).
But WHY would you put it in Coke or Speed? If those buyers don't also use opioids it could very well kill them (and dealers tend to need to work on repeat business) and even if they use opioids anyway or they don't OD...they're IMMEDIATELY going to know you laced their stims with something?

I would assume to try to get people addicted. Only reason I can think of. Dope sick + coke cravings is more likely to come back than just coke cravings.

But you don't just take a hit of an opioid and become immeditely addicted or dependant. It usually takes a few weeks of consistant (multiple times/day) use for that to happen.
And if someone is looking for a coke or meth high I imagine they'd be pretty pissed if they ended up knocked out or heavily sedated instead; that's kinda the opposite of what they're going for. Opioids are my #1 DOC but I'd still be really pissed if I bought uppers and they knocked me on my ass instead.

In Heroin I get it. But not in Cocaine and Amphetamines. The latter makes absolutely no sense.

But I've researched this shit (what's new). Cross contamination seems to come up often. But not to the extent where it could become the problem that it's become.

With Heroin it's obvious. Take some very shit smack and pepper it liberally with Fentanyl and all of a sudden you've got users that think that what you're flogging them is great and extremely pure and potent. With disastrous results a lot of the time though.

The above being said though: if you read the DEA reports it's being theorized that at some point Heroin could very well become a cut in Fentanyl (if that's not already happening to a degree) as opposed to the other way around. Fentanyl is cheap or can be synthesized and doesn't require organic material. Couple that with a drop in Poppy cultivation and you have the perfect storm.

The sheer irony of all of this (yet again i.e. seems to be my topic for the day and yesterday): just about every agency is reporting increased purity levels in Cocaine, Heroin, and Methamphetamine across the board. Figure that one out! Only possible validation is Heroin i.e. a drop in quantity (as opposed to an increase in the supply of Cocaine and Methamphetamine).

I've heard the theory before that cutting Cocaine, for example, with Fentanyl would create addicts (physically dependent). But for the reasons given on this very thread: no individual that expected to get themselves bowled over by Cocaine or Crack would continue to use something that did the total opposite. Either that or (new) users just don't know any better and by the time they find out it's too late. And, of course, which in its own turn gives Cocaine a bad name. And, of course, which in its turn fucking pisses me off!

I hear about this happening all of the time - In the US and Canada for sure - and I don't understand?
I don't really get why they'd put Fentanyl in Heroin TBH as there are surely enough people wanting to to Fentanyl anyway. It reminds me of when you're a kid and adults warn you about other kids tricking you into taking drugs. Like, drugs are EXTREMELY popular and there's almost always more demand than there is supply. Nobody needs to be tricking anybody.
But I guess by using Fentanyl they all need a tiny bit so they call sell it extremely heavily cut and have people believe it's atually extremely pure heroin? (For profits).
But WHY would you put it in Coke or Speed? If those buyers don't also use opioids it could very well kill them (and dealers tend to need to work on repeat business) and even if they use opioids anyway or they don't OD...they're IMMEDIATELY going to know you laced their stims with something?
Fentanyl is cheap and drug dealers only care about profits not health.

@dalpat077 has explained it pretty well.
It’s added to heroin to make it appear more pure. To increase its potency.

Why it’s added to amphetamines and cocaine I can only hazard a guess. I’d imagine that those who are cutting the drugs don’t bother to use different cuts. If a dealer has bought fentanyl and using it for his H and has other substances to cut he might just think fuck it and use it for all of them. I’m only theorising this because it’s really not that common to see significant cuts with fentanyl, cross contamination is the main culprit and is why lots more are showing fentanyl but it’s not really being used as a cut.

In Heroin I get it. But not in Cocaine and Amphetamines. The latter makes absolutely no sense.

But I've researched this shit (what's new). Cross contamination seems to come up often. But not to the extent where it could become the problem that it's become.

With Heroin it's obvious. Take some very shit smack and pepper it liberally with Fentanyl and all of a sudden you've got users that think that what you're flogging them is great and extremely pure and potent. With disastrous results a lot of the time though.

The above being said though: if you read the DEA reports it's being theorized that at some point Heroin could very well become a cut in Fentanyl (if that's not already happening to a degree) as opposed to the other way around. Fentanyl is cheap or can be synthesized and doesn't require organic material. Couple that with a drop in Poppy cultivation and you have the perfect storm.

The sheer irony of all of this (yet again i.e. seems to be my topic for the day and yesterday): just about every agency is reporting increased purity levels in Cocaine, Heroin, and Methamphetamine across the board. Figure that one out! Only possible validation is Heroin i.e. a drop in quantity (as opposed to an increase in the supply of Cocaine and Methamphetamine).

I've heard the theory before that cutting Cocaine, for example, with Fentanyl would create addicts (physically dependent). But for the reasons given on this very thread: no individual that expected to get themselves bowled over by Cocaine or Crack would continue to use something that did the total opposite. Either that or (new) users just don't know any better and by the time they find out it's too late. And, of course, which in its own turn gives Cocaine a bad name. And, of course, which in its turn fucking pisses me off!

Yeah, it's a whole new level compared to cross-contamination though. I've definitely bought amphetamine sulphate that had a decent amount of meth in it. I've never knowingly taken meth, but have tested positive for it twice that I remember. I once also had amphetamine sulphate (taking into account I was buying it "pure" and had had several batches tested and they all came back between 77% and 82%) that was incrediby, overwhelmingly strong so had to have something like meth there,
And since meth is a lot more expensive - and this was pretty pure amphetamine anyway (max. possible is 83%) - I can't see how or why this would have been done on purpose.

Weird but I think the theory of dealers who do coke and H will have bash lying around and stupidly not realise the contradiction.
O also do give merit to the other theory. Someone using slightly fent laced coke a few time a week will now need it every day to feel better.

Yeah, it's a whole new level compared to cross-contamination though. I've definitely bought amphetamine sulphate that had a decent amount of meth in it. I've never knowingly taken meth, but have tested positive for it twice that I remember. I once also had amphetamine sulphate (taking into account I was buying it "pure" and had had several batches tested and they all came back between 77% and 82%) that was incrediby, overwhelmingly strong so had to have something like meth there,
And since meth is a lot more expensive - and this was pretty pure amphetamine anyway (max. possible is 83%) - I can't see how or why this would have been done on purpose.
I would wonder what these tests are?

You tested twice for meth, was it a presumptive urinalysis and you were told on the day/at the time or was it sent to an actual lab for testing?

Where did you have the batches tested that told you purity but not what was in it?! I’m confused by this.

I would wonder what these tests are?

You tested twice for meth, was it a presumptive urinalysis and you were told on the day/at the time or was it sent to an actual lab for testing?

Where did you have the batches tested that told you purity but not what was in it?! I’m confused by this.

No, they were blood tests I had taken at my GP practace and sent to a lab and I was told at the next doctors appointment. The actual addiction place thought I was lying about what I was and wasn't using (I wasn't lying) because I often just could not pee while I was there. They made me sit in the waiting room for 2 hours once and even after drinking water I just could not go (I explained some of the meds I was taking caused urinary retention but they thought it was an excuse). Then once when I DID manage to pee, I left it on the windowsill in the bathroom for maybe 90 seconds (it was Winter and the window was open a couple inches) while I finished peeing, washed my hands and made sure my stomach didn't look fat in the mirror (this is while I was also anorexic) and they told me my pee was "suspiciously cold" and kept implying I had like brought someone's "clean urine" to fake the test (they didn't outright say that but it's clearly what they meant: when they mentioned the temporature I said "What does that mean?" as I was worried it might be caused by a complication of either the eating disorder or the drug use and he just smirked and said "Well, why don't you tell me?"
The whole thing was weird because I was actually trying to get better so I'd be giving accurate accounts of like literally everything I'd taken each day.

I had bought amphetamine sulphate many times in the past and knew enough to know that what I bought was what I bought by the taste, smell, burn-factor when snorted, effects etc. Plus, this was online on the dark web and there were over 700 reviews from people stating it was what it was and the purity was true etc. I sent some off a couple times just to be positive about the purity (this is when I was using all day every day and you know how paroid and weird your thinking gets. It seemedc very logical to me at the time).

Last edited:
No, they were blod tests sent to a lab and I was told at the next doctors appointment
Not often they will do expensive blood testing for drugs.

You’re UK aren’t you? You sent a sample to wedinos then i take it? It’s a shame they don’t give more detailed results but alas they are already doing so much for no cost to the user.

Not often they will do expensive blood testing for drugs.

You’re UK aren’t you? You sent a sample to wedinos then i take it? It’s a shame they don’t give more detailed results but alas they are already doing so much for no cost to the user.

Yep!

And, yes, they are expensive but I have the best GP in the world. He's been my GP since I was a literal zygote, is open and reasonably trusting with me and isn't unreasonably harsh with meds despite my past, but will also call me on any bullshit like if I ask for a dose increase he doesn't think I really need. He's even literally came to my home on weekends and evenings without anything arranged just because he was really worried about something I'd said or that had happened earlier, just because he ACTUALLY CARED enough to feel the need to come make sure I was okay. He's also kept me on as a patient when 99.9% of doctors would have asked me to leave a dozen times over by now.
Sometimes I wonder if he knows how much I appreciate him and everything he's done and I want to tell him but I don't want to make him feel awkward or uncomfortable, especially in a formal setting like a doctors office.

Yep!

And, yes, they are expensive but I have the best GP in the world. He's been my GP since I was a literal zygote, is open and reasonably trusting with me and isn't unreasonably harsh with meds despite my past, but will also call me on any bullshit like if I ask for a dose increase he doesn't think I really need. He's even literally came to my home on weekends and evenings without anything arranged just because he was really worried about something I'd said or that had happened earlier, just because he ACTUALLY CARED enough to feel the need to come make sure I was okay. He's also kept me on as a patient when 99.9% of doctors would have asked me to leave a dozen times over by now.
Sometimes I wonder if he knows how much I appreciate him and everything he's done and I want to tell him but I don't want to make him feel awkward or uncomfortable, especially in a formal setting like a doctors office.
Gosh, he sounds amazing. I also have a great Dr who goes out of his way to ensure I am ok.

There’s no reason you can’t thank him or tell him how much you appreciate him. He already seems to step out of what is normal for a Dr, especially if he’s calling at your home unannounced. My Dr is thoughtful but not that thoughtful.

Anyway, yeah wedinos is a great service. I’m delighted we have them in the UK.

I doubt a proper dealer would do such a thing probably like the myths of weed being laced with heroin which would be inefficient price wise probably one or two idiots did it and people have exaggerated it dealers don't want to fucking get done for manslaughter which is what they're risking come on guys get real man

I think its actually more folklore than anything else, and occurs far more rarely than people imagine. And when it does, its almost certain to be cross contamination.

Out of nearly 500 fentanyl containing samples here, I only saw one that looked like it was a primary methamphetamine sample that was contaminated with fentanyl. Methamphetamine is far more common as an adulterant in heroin (fentanyl) than the reverse.

And in this case one would imagine the crystal is methamphetamine and the powdery substance is fentanyl.

I think its actually more folklore than anything else, and occurs far more rarely than people imagine. And when it does, its almost certain to be cross contamination
I have to admit that I'm starting to lean this way. When it comes to Cocaine anyway.

I'll explain later or tomorrow with supporting data (I'm still crunching numbers from yesterday's EU report on the drug situation in the EU) (and which, in spite of my raving about their efforts yesterday, in fact, leaves much to be desired).

They are putting meth into pressed opioid pills too now.

This is getting really stupid.

I think the main reasons for cuting with fentanyl

• Fent is a cheep ass high, like I've hear dealers buy a kg from china for like less that 100k
  • Fent is a powerful high so ppl may get addicted to it
  • The CIA/CCP is trying to kill ppl by putting super heroin in pills

I think it's honestly probably an accident due to cartels having packaging facilities where they are packing up various drugs right next to each other. It makes no sense in a stimulant, because you want your users addicted, not dead. Fent in coke is a recipe for death since people expect to feel hyped up when they snort coke. If they don't, they're going to keep doing more, and then die.

Two batches of fent tainted coke have gone around my town (that I know of) and both have killed people I knew (acquaintances). Actually there were fake gabapentins of all things that had fent in them that went around. Insane.

As for in pressed pills, they put fent in basically every opioid on the black market now. Pills included. And although the cartels are the biggest culprits, any unscrupulous fuck can order fent analogues and make their own bullshit to sell these days.

Benzos and coke bought off the street here has a lot of fent. A friend bough Rivotril and pissed positive for clonazolam and fent.
Sisters bf's buddy got coke - snatched by the pigs and guess what? Fent, benzo and some fucking RC-stimulant.

It's a financial gain. That's why they cut shit with fent. Monetary gains steam rolls everything else in this sub-culture.