Why discretion pays

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
Mercedes quick to snort speed, court told
Malcolm Brown, Sydney
May 3, 2008

svCORBY_wideweb__470x442,0.jpg

Mercedes Corby: in a picture tendered to the court. Photo: AAP

MERCEDES Corby, sister of the jailed drug trafficker Schapelle Corby, was so keen to consume the drug speed at a hens' party celebration at the Gold Coast races in 2002 that she went to the women's toilets, chopped up the powder on top of a toilet cistern and snorted it through a bank note, the Supreme Court heard yesterday.

In the third day of her defamation action against Channel Seven Sydney and five other parties, Ms Corby, 33, sat through a day of evidence in which numerous letters she had written to Jodie Power, her former best friend who is now giving evidence, were read out.

According to Ms Power, a photograph of Mercedes when she was in her late teens showed her with marijuana in her hands and a "mull bowl" nearby, while her brother, Michael, held a "cone".

Another photo tendered to the court showed Ms Corby using a "penis pipe", a drug-taking implement named after its shape.

And in a photo taken in 1993 or '94, according to Ms Power, Ms Corby was smoking marijuana with a "mull pipe". Two weeks later she went to Japan.

From Toyama, Japan, Ms Corby had described the delights of the "mull" tobacco mixed with marijuana available in Japan and had said: "I only need three or four puffs and I am wasted."

The hearing resumes on Monday.

The Age

I gotta get me one of them fandangled penis-pipes I've heard so much about =D This article is probably a timely reminder to check what you've posted in your BL gallery...

I really hope Mercedes wins this. Jodie power seems like the worst kind of person. Combined with TT, the worst kind of show.

I guess this just reinforces the case against Schapelle corby. But seriously leave Mercedes the fuck alone. I hope she does win and gets a huge payout.

yeh TT is bottom of the rung journalism, sorry I mean sensationalism. I dont see why they had any business defaming Mercedes.

Having said that the corby familly looks pretty trashy but far from big time criminals. Problem for Mercedes is in the course of the defamation case she will likely be caused more defamation like this picture etc, she probably knew that and just wants a payout.

Doooofus said:
I gotta get me one of them fandangled penis-pipes I've heard so much about =D This article is probably a timely reminder to check what you've posted in your BL gallery...

hehehehe

Well indeed she is definitely a international drug lord if she smokes pot through a penis.

"MERCEDES Corby, sister of the jailed drug trafficker Schapelle Corby, was so keen to consume the drug speed at a hens' party celebration at the Gold Coast races in 2002 that she went to the women's toilets, chopped up the powder on top of a toilet cistern and snorted it through a bank note, the Supreme Court heard yesterday."

lol there's been times at my old job i've been falling asleep at my desk that i've walked off to the toilet, cut out a few lines of whizz or charlie and racked that up through a bank-note.
anyone who has ever used whizz has probably gone and had some in the toilet. personally i just walk around with a short straw and a few points in a bag and rack it up discretely as i'm walking along. toilets are dirty places :p
bottom line is, who gives a shit?

she's had some whizz and smoked some weed.
oh my god. what a horrible person.

they should be persecuting her for her terrible appearance, and offending my eyes :(

js2k6 said:
toilets are dirty places, bottom line is, who gives a shit?

A fairly large percentage of the people using the toilet beforehand?:D

^^lol

Yeah so many people snort drugs of toilets, I think its so gross and id never do it.

About mercedes, that family is fucked and they have ruined each others lives. Chapelle is a guilty lying biatch...Who the fuck takes 4kg of weed to indo? You gotta be pretty dumb to smuggle drugs into a country where your basically dead for any amount of any drugs.

Mercedes may be a drug user....but does this mean by default she is a drug dealer, as per her defamation claim against channel seven?

it's gunna be an interesting verdict IMO.

Penis pipe hahaha... It is known thing that Mercedes is a drug dealer in Bali, I have a mate who lives over their, well not really my mate my mum's friend but I talk to him at times, anyways he was telling me that everyone knows to go to her when they want drugs. He has bought stuff off her in the past multiple times.... Why is she in court anyways is it all over fighting to get Schapelle out of the Bali jails and over here?

I think we all have photos like this on our HD's or on old kodak paper in our shoebox's we've forgotten about.

Does anyone Know the Simpsons episode when homer joins the naval reservse, and runs off with a US sub, and Kent brookman has the photo off Homer dressed in traditional USSR clothes and doing their dance and lisa says" I told dad that photo would come back to haunt him"

Will jodie get money out of this or have they just had a falling out and she wants to fuck her??

lol penis pipes. i seen penis cups where the straw comes out the pee hole

Teddles said:
I think we all have photos like this on our HD's or on old kodak paper in our shoebox's we've forgotten about.

Ah ah, Not this cookie. For those of us around before the internet, there's perhaps more reluctance to possess or take such photos, video etc. I know of cases as far back as the 70's where photos were used against the accused in court.

I've never taken such photos, and will destroy any I see that show friends in compromising situations. Back before digital, I even tagged along when friends' picked up their photos, destroying any such photos and negatives.

Funny or neat as it may be at the time, photographic evidence seems to carry much more weight than just admitting past drug use, particularly if a related charge is involved.

Mercedes admits 'stupid' ecstasy use
May 13, 2008 - 6:01PM

Mercedes Corby has agreed she was "grossly irresponsible" to have taken half an ecstasy tablet in 2002 when she was a 27-year-old mother of two.

Under cross-examination by Tom Hughes Jnr, for the Seven Network, Ms Corby also told the defamation trial she was not "young" at the time, but she was "still stupid".

The 33-year-old sister of convicted drug smuggler Schapelle Corby has already told the NSW Supreme Court jury she was "young and stupid" when she used marijuana in Japan as a teenager.

She spoke of three occasions when she took ecstasy - a quarter of a tablet in Bali in 1997, another quarter of a tablet at a Gold Coast music festival in 1998 and half a tablet at a Gold Coast nightclub in 2002.

"You were aware each time it was a criminal act," Mr Hughes asked and Ms Corby agreed.

She earlier told Mr Hughes she was not shocked when a friend told her she had given Ms Corby's former best friend, Jody Power, some speed at the Gold Coast races in 2002.

Mr Hughes asked Ms Corby what she was smiling about after he inquired whether she had reported her friend to the police.

"I see humour in you trying to copy Mr Littlemore," she replied, referring to her QC, Stuart Littlemore.

During his cross-examination of Mr Power and her mother last week, Mr Littlemore asked if they had reported to police drug activities about which they gave evidence.

Ms Corby claims Seven defamed her by portraying her as a drug smuggler and dealer in interviews with Ms Power broadcast on Seven News and Today Tonight in February last year.

She has denied the claims, as well as Ms Power's evidence that Ms Corby had taken cocaine, speed and shabu in her presence.

She told Mr Littlemore it had been "very embarrassing" to hear letters she wrote in Japan to Ms Power in 1993 and 1994 read out in court.

In one she said: "Japan has the best mull. I only need two or three puffs of a joint and I am wasted".

Describing herself as young and immature at the time, Ms Corby said was trying to appear "cool" to Ms Power, who she knew smoked marijuana.

"I was showing off to my friend," she said, adding she probably only smoked the equivalent of half a joint in Japan.

Ms Corby became tearful when she denied Ms Power's claim she was acting shocked when she collapsed after seeing the amount of marijuana found in her sister's bag in Bali.

She said she was stunned when she saw the amount of the drug and could not sleep or eat when she returned home.

Ms Corby said Ms Power saw her in this condition and was supportive and kind to her, having no reason to later say she had been acting.

Schapelle Corby is serving a 20-year sentence in a Bali prison after being convicted of smuggling 4.1kg of cannabis into Indonesia inside a bodyboard bag in 2004.

The hearing will continue on Thursday before Justice Carolyn Simpson.

AAP

The Age