• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Why didn't I feel anything after taking 10 klonopin?

Blackenthesun37

Ex-Bluelighter
I drank a small amount of caffeine prior to dosing. Does it have to be taken on an empty stomach? does hydroxyzine or benadryl,
potentiate it's effects? What about grapefruit juice?

It worked but you never realised it. Happens with huge doses of benzos.

Benzos will make you not feel anything but also make you do stupid things on high doses. I recommend a t break but it?s all up to you

It worked but you never realised it. Happens with huge doses of benzos.

MrRoot may be correct. 'Delusions of sobriety' are common on benzos. Basically you are fucked up but you think you feel completely normal.

Or you have high benzo tolerance? How many milligrams of Clonazepam did each pill contain?

An empty stomach might help next time. It's easier to notice the effects when they kick in quickly as opposed to the more gradual come up on a full stomach.

Grapefruit juice is said to help potentiate. I never noticed much difference when I tried it myself, you may have more luck.

Hydroxyzine or Benadryl may increase the sedation but probably won't help much in making the experience be more enjoyable, unless you enjoy the way hydroxyzine/Benadryl make you feel.

You very often don't realize how high you are until the next day. Benzos are much more subtle than people think. It's not an OMG I'M SO HIGH drug like the first time smoking weed or taking acid.

You very often don't realize how high you are until the next day. Benzos are much more subtle than people think. It's not an OMG I'M SO HIGH drug like the first time smoking weed or taking acid.

tolerance, under sensitivity to clonazepam to knock off drugs, all are good reasons.

5 klonopin, 3 lorazepam and a few valium lost me three days of my life in total bloackout. I'm not new to benzos either.

I am starting to trust benzos to do what they should more and more

Unless you have a sky high tolerance, you should've felt something. 10mg would make me nod off into a blissful sleep, and thats after 3 years of regular use. You probably got pressed pills.

10 mgs. is a blackout dose, you don't need that much.

Gotta love the "why am I not high" questions... 8)

Well, the answer is simple: Because benzos don't get you high when you take them therapeutically (or in repeated dosing).

That's it, man. So, don't take so many pills, you're just asking to hurt yourself in some ridiculous accident. :(

I dont know what you're talking about, 10 mg clonazepam will definitely get you "high". 10 mg is a HUGE fucking dose, especially considering the half-life.

Klonopin lowers serotonin so at higher doses it actually balances out to a new pointless reality just as pointless as before you had taken it. Like You get extra gaba to make you not care but serotonin plummets peripherally so it appears nothing is happening as you "thin out" your perspective.

10 MG of xanax on the other hand will raise your gaba supercharge and your serotonin so youl literally blackout into a trip down god knows where.

Ive taken 6 MG of klonopin before and it did nothing. 1-3 MG seems to do something.

10 MG of xanax on the other hand will raise your gaba supercharge and your serotonin so youl literally blackout into a trip down god knows where.
Man, I took ONE 2mg bar the other day and I fuckin remember nothing that happened. Total blackout.

OTOH, I have a really high opiate tolerance. With zero previous tolerance I gotta take at least 60mg of oxycodone to feel anything.

We're all different.

Hmm I'm not buying this "you just didn't notice it"; you'd know if 10mg of clonazepam was in your body. Most people are going to be knocked out asleep, and even if not it will be very noticeably psychoactive. That's equivalent to 150mg diazepam, it's hardly like drinking a cup of chamomile and wondering if anything has happened.

Either your tolerance is ridiculously high, your clonazepam is bunk, or it took the roughly standard 1-1.5 hours for clonaz to kick in and you hadn't yet allowed that to pass.

Last edited:
I never felt a high off benzos, and I was a regular heavy user for years. As others have alluded to, the effects of benzos, even in large doses, can be subtle, and I found that the only time I enjoyed them was when I took a small dose in a good setting and didn't expect too much.

Every time I took massive (and 10mg of clonazepam is a massive dose) doses, I had the exact same reaction as you: "Well, I didn't feel anything".

Which, as others have also pointed out, is what a large dose of benzos will do.

I guess il put my 2 cents in even though we have a common answer for the most part.
You dont really feel a "High" like Percs,H,XTC, etc etc. Like I took 2mg and I didnt notice it until I went into a gas station for a pack of smokes and ended up hardcore flirting with the cashier and getting a number :) Anyway usually without benzo i have bad anxiety and would of never even tried flirting with her with out the benzo in my system..Understand what were all pretty much saying?

ALTHOUGH with you HUGE amount I also have a similar story for that to lol....I decided to take 10 xanax bars one new years eve...very long story short I woke up in a rehab 3 days later, But after i sobered up and talked to people I talked to those 3 days said I seemed perfectly normal i was holding conversations well, Didn't seem weird or anything like that. (I MUST SAY NEVER DRIVE UNDER THAT MUCH SUBSTANCE. I MADE A VERY MADE A VERY STUPID DECISION REGARDLESS THE OUTCOME)
Anyway drove to my own moms house and she said i was perfectly fine to.
So what im saying even in huge doses sometimes you just seem like your in a really good mood and dont even notice a "high"

One thing I DONT think anyone seem to be mentioning. Please correct me if im wrong.
Some other reasons you may of not felt anything could be simply had bunk pressed pills, OR had some super old pills.

Soooo I realize this thread has been sorta dead and gone for a long time… and ALSO it’s point has generally been how can you potentiate or enhance clonazepam Effects.

However— I’d like to mention many of us who struggle with medical and mental health issues may very well be taken other medications. In my case it took me quite a while to figure out why slightly higher klonopin doses were not changing any such effect unlike almost all other benzos I’ve tried or used. Being someone medically trained I spent some time researching it and quickly found A NUMBER of other drugs I was taking severely blunt the effects of clonazapam specifically as it’s a unique benzo. For me. I generally took it in the morning with other medications here are some of the medications that caused my klonopin doses from 0.5mg all the way to 4.0mg as almost ineffective.

1.0 - at night I take clonidine and Trazodone to help with sleep. Clonidine May wear off by morning but both of these will drop clonazepam effect since I took the benzo in the morning with my other drugs listed below

2. The specific antidepressant Buproprion. It is a unique antidepressant as it works via norepinephrine and dopamine and NO serotonin components.

3. Medium to high level Adderall or amphetamines for ADHD at 20mg IR twice a day. Either bupropion or Adderall will on their own drastically—-drastically minimize any chance for clonazepams “positive, euphoric, high” effects in the brain. It will still have an effect for panic disorder and general anxiety disorders within the rest of the body. The sweating, the nail biting, the fast breathing, rapid heart rate, that feeling in your throat like you can’t breath or swallow. Those are peripheral benefits mainly and while still “controlled” by your brain those body effects are still likely to see some benefit either way.

So long story short. Do yourself a favor google klonopin interactions. It’s a super long list—and check to see if there are other things you normally take that might be fighting, blunting, or blocking those associated positive brain feels you’d been hoping for.

Your friendly medical person.

But you'll be falling asleep for a really long time cause of it's halflife I do it every day with my tramadol mix that's only thing that make a man
Sounds wonderful! I have had life long insomnia or since I guess age 5 or so? I only took valium once for dental surgery and I blacked out and fell asleep.

I tried getting a doctor, or well two doctors to give me benzos and they both refused. I did tell the one how I smoked pot and he thought I did it every day like non-stop and at the time I just did it 1-3x a month on weekends. I didn't go back to him.

I was supposed to get some Xanax or Klonopins from this lady I knew in college but she couldn't get any and I just smoked lots of weed instead. I used to drink a lot too, should I avoid all benzodiazepines?

10mg of Clonazepam (Klonopin) ….really?

0.5mg is standard dose to 10mg Diazepam (Valium)

Klonopin 2mg tabelts pack a punch, anticonvulsant & Sedative/Anxiolytic……taking 5 of them DAMN SON

Were these 100% genuine pharmaceutical grade? Manufactured by? Not some weird pressed garbage? …..it should’ve felt like you were hit by an elephant tranquilizer dart. That’s over the top

Roche TRI scored 2mg Clonazepam 100 tablet bottles are a highly desired item …..like a 1,000 tablet bottle of Lorazepam 2mg and a 1,000 tablet Diazepam 10mg tablet bottle (here in Canada ApoTex)