• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Why didn't Adderall work for me

another1keys

Greenlighter
I was diagnosed with ADHD in December and was prescribed 20mg Adderall IR once a day. It was the CorePharma kind.

The first time I took it, I took it an hour 30 minutes after eating breakfast. I also slept that night. It took an hour to feel anything. It started with my heart beating faster, like I was excited, then I suddenly felt it. My face felt weird, and my body felt different. I have never done illicit drugs or amphetamines mind you, so this was something different.

I however didn't feel like doing something. It didn't make me lazy, but I didn't feel like I NEEDED to do something. In fact, I just sat back on the couch and used my phone. The feeling went away after like an hour probably.

After that, I didn't take it for some days. I just didn't feel like I needed it. The next times I took it, I just felt a bit happier and more out going. I was able to talk to others easier, along with not being hungry at all. I did start yawning a lot after like an hour or two, but maybe cause I didn't sleep much.

i always had days in between when I took Adderall. On Saturday tho, I took one when I was somewhere. Then about 30 minutes later, I took another. I wanted to be more social. I didn't feel that much different TBH. A bit happier, yeah, more talkative too, also not hungry at all. But I felt a little down after. Like, dysphoria. This happened before too, when I took 1 pill at the same place. I had slept like 10 hours in the past 3 days tho. For some reason it gave me insomnia for the first time.

I didn't take anything Sunday. In fact I slept all day on Sunday.

On Monday(yesterday), I took half a pill(10mg), I didn't feel anything. After an hour, I took another. Still, nothing. Not even dry mouth. I did feel the dysphoria later tho. I really dislike that.

so, Adderall just seemed to make me a bit happier, more out going, less hungry. I didn't notice anything on my focus though. Adderall definitely didn't make me feel how others say it makes them feel, an in "OMG dude Adderall made me clean my house for hours! I studied ALL night and liked it!!" That wasn't me at all.

And now, I think I have a tolerance, because I took a 20mg 3 hours ago, and it didn't suppress my hunger a lot. I even ate a whole cheeseburger, which is something I would NOT be able to do last week when I took Adderall.

I still have 10 pills left, after a month and 12 days of having a 30 pill bottle, so I didn't use much. I only took 2 on the same day like twice.

If i if I tell my doctor this, will he give me another stimulant, up my dose, or give me a non stimulant like Straterra?

He he told me Adderall would make me focus better, and also motivate me to do more things and give me energy, but to take it a couple times a week, not everyday. He isn't a shady type doctor by the way, even tho I know it sounds like that right now.

Last edited:
If you want to feel the Adderall (what I do) is up your dose and chose another ROA. This typically wouldn't be recommended since it's more harmful but it seems like the Adderall isn't doing anything to you anyways. BTW if you want to feel the focused "I just cleaned my whole house" you'd need to snort like 40mg.

It seems like Adderall may not be for you, because if you have never taken it before, 10 mg would put you in a hyper-focused and motivated state.

If you haven't tried this already, take a 30 mg dose on an empty stomach.

Yes, I feel like your doctor may give you Ritalin or Straterra if you explain the situation. Or he may raise your dose of Adderall.

Snorting Adderall is a weaker ROA in my experience. I have also heard that it accelerates your tolerance growth as well, but I am not sure if this is completely true.

I would advise switching to vyvanse (Lisdexamphetamine) or maybe even concerta (Methylphenidate). If the adderall isnt working, then its just not working. Call your doctor and get it figured out.

Concerta made me feel like this then I switched to aderall and whooaaa there's Thule kick I'm looking for. People are wired differently than others

different drugs affect different people differently.

/thread

If you have ADHD it may also take more for you to get that feeling that compels you to so stuff. I don't have ADHD and I have to something if I take adderall, but my friend does have ADHD and, while he isn't unnaturally driven to do something when he takes it, it does make him feel "normal". It has something to do with chemical imbalances in ADHD people's brains, causing their baseline norepinephrine (I believe that's the correct neurotransmitter) to be lower than normal, and adderall raises it to normal.

So, basically, like Burnt said. Different drugs affect different people differently.

I believe it plays a role with dopamine too because methylphenidate is a DNRI (Dopamine-Norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor)

Iv done Teva core and Sandoz, all were different feelings, I ended up doing Teva brand name they were the best. But peicey. Teva generic was best but more jittery then brand and lasted short time shit come down . Adderall is no good all together though I would advise seeking out natural suplement exercise and maybe try Strattera or welbutrin. Welbutrin actually worked really nicely for me