• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Why can't you tell the difference between ket and coke with a test kit?

well there is still a mystery technically, the first baggie really feels nothing like ketamine or 3-FMC even though that's what the test suggests it is. Please feel free to share your thoughts!
Could be a mix of stuff. Does your country have a drug checking lab you can take a sample to?

Could be a mix of stuff. Does your country have a drug checking lab you can take a sample to?
it does not have one unfortunately. I figured that if it was a mix of stuff that the reagents would show that, I thought that was the whole point of doing multiple reagent tests. I'm learning though, so that's what really matters.

Sorry for a rather late response, given that you did ask for my input. So while reagant tests still hold a HUGE USE case IMO, they are not sophisticated enough to determine the exact composition, or even 100% verify you have a particular substance unfortunately. Have you scored multiple times from this same source, or is this a one-off?
*not that I'm necessarily advising this, but have you had tester? and if so, what ROA id

and then if they're aren't blingy bling what's the point

should we have riot against testin kits i say

Sorry for a rather late response, given that you did ask for my input. So while reagant tests still hold a HUGE USE case IMO, they are not sophisticated enough to determine the exact composition, or even 100% verify you have a particular substance unfortunately. Have you scored multiple times from this same source, or is this a one-off?
*not that I'm necessarily advising this, but have you had tester? and if so, what ROA id
In layman's terms, what would you say reagent tests are good for?

the first baggie was the only good baggie, which was not tested unfortunately. the other two baggies were not usable and is why the test results were posted here.

what do you mean by tester exactly?

In layman's terms, what would you say reagent tests are good for?
They are generally intended for gaining insight into what a substance most likely is and confirming the absence of common harmful adulterants. Also, while writing this out I realized that you could use Simon's reagent to confirm that your sample does not contain cathinones such as the 3-FMC that I said it could contain.

For example, if you use Ehrlich reagent on an LSD blotter and it turns purple, you know that an indole alkaloid is present. Indole alkaloids could be 5-HTP, LSD, AL-LAD, DMT, 4-AcO-DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, etc.
All of the indole alkaloids that could fit on our blotter at active dosages are lysergamides. Some lysergamides that are prodrugs for LSD (1P-LSD, ALD-52) will react very slowly (several minutes or even hours) or not at all. So that means that our tab could only be LSD, AL-LAD, ETH-LAD, etc.
Since blotters almost exclusively contain a singular chemical we do not need to use another reagent to test for NBOMe or other harmful compounds commonly sold as acid. They could in theory contain active amounts of fentanyl or carfentanil, but I have yet to see a single case of these substances occurring alongside LSD.

The other example I'll give you is ketamine. We'll start with Mandelin. Our sample should turn orange. We know that we have Ketamine or 2-MeO-Ketamine We can rule out PMA/PMMA, DXM, 2F-Ketamine (would not react), MXE, and the PCE/PCP analogues. Cocaine can be ruled out as long as the colour doesn't return back to yellow after turning orange.
Next, we move on to Mecke. We get no reaction, indicating Ketamine/2F-Ketamine/O-PCE. 2F-Ketamine or O-PCE would not have reacted with Mandelin, so at this point we can be pretty sure that we have ketamine. No reaction with Mecke also rules out many cutting agents. Simon's reagent can be used to rule out most cathinones. Marquis can detect secondary alkaloids in Cocaine if Mandelin was not clear or if you are worried that your sample contains a mix of both. These tests all give us the presence of ketamine and rule out MOST adulterants. You can use fentanyl test strips to rule out fentanyl/its analogues. At this point you aren't positive that your ketamine isn't cut or is of good quality, but you can be pretty damn sure that it's present and that essentially all common harmful adulterants are not.

Can't you taste the difference!? Cocaine has a very unique flavor and causes numbing of the mouth and tongue. Also, I've never ever seen a cocaine shard. Cocaine crystals, even very pure ones are not something I'd describe as a shard.
Cocaine, back in the eraly 80s appeared as crystals (similar in appearance to ketamine but they were finer).

The high was pure, euphoric and libidinous, in a way you wouldn't experience even with DW 'pure' these days.