• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Why can't I get high?

NoneforBrian321

Greenlighter
Ok so I've had this awful cold for a week now and I'm starting to think that it's interfering with me catching a buzz.
As I mentioned in a previous post, I've been taking hydrocodone almost daily for the last 2 years and my tolerance never increases. I only need one 10mg norco to feel good all day and sometimes that's too much. Sometimes 15 if if I ate a large meal or for some reason the pills won't kick in.
Over the last week I've been taking them and not feeling a single thing. I doubt my tolerance went up because I took a xanax to try and get some sleep and a .5 usually puts me on my ass... alas nothing even after taking the equivalent of a bar. Can having a cold/flu interfere with how medications affect you because if so I'm wasting pills. A friend is about to come bring me a present and boy do I need it cause aunt flo is here. I'm anticipating it not working though!

Also the morphine did jack shit for me. I gave them to a friend who snorted them and said he got pretty high. That's why I'm thinking it's the cold.

I've been taking hydrocodone almost daily for the last 2 years and my tolerance never increases. .
Over the last week I've been taking them and not feeling a single thing.

Seems like your tolerance has increased. I took my usual doses during a strong cold and always felt like it worked stronger when being ill...
I also dont understand how the Xanax is an indicator for your opioid tolerance. This is simply not the case.

And Morphine is tricky because of its low BA. How much did you take and how?

Nobody is immune to tolerance. Maybe try tapering down a little biut and then get back on your usual dose?
And get well soon of course :)

There could be some substance to this actually, could be related to dynorphin. I seem to recall reading that dynorphin levels increase during times of sickness and stress, this in turn could be interfering with the feeling you would usually get from the opiates. Only at low doses though probably, I'd think that doses in a more "recreational" range would overwhelm any slight dynorphin increase.

Or Zerwas is right and it's just tolerance, that's probably more likely.

congratulations - to stick to 1 norco a day for so long is quite the accomplishment! no one has said the obvious - if you really wanna get high again - just take more!

Well yes, that's the obvious. Kinda goes against the HR mission of this forum though, so don't take more, take a break! (Then take more) ;P